Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V Blackwing Performance Mods and Numbers

shut up and take my money GIF by Product Hunt

Plus $700 for throttle body and now would be time to add quality catch can another $500
the car has a built in factory catch can like system that feeds the oil back into the pan already

the car has a built in factory catch can like system that feeds the oil back into the pan already
Yes and no...yes there's a factory catch can thats piped from the valve covers. No because GM thought its a great idea to stick the PCV directly into the blower. Blower sucks oil up the PCV and you get oil into the blower, then the lid and to the bricks. You get enough oil and gunk on the bricks and it looses its ability to effectively lower your charged air.

This is how much oil I got in the lid at 4K.
35FBEAA8-F5F9-4C17-9EF8-BC5326E134D5.jpeg
8A2434E0-5910-4173-B11F-36865295FDD6.jpeg
885128B4-42D9-49DE-B551-2865A201AC51.jpeg
B63C23D5-FB75-4BFD-8432-76958C5AB345.jpeg

So if there’s any issue with the supercharger and you have to get a new one I guess you’ll have to have it ported again…?

Regarding the catch can, I had an email thread going with Steve at Elite Engineering to see if the '17+ ZL1 system would work and he said he would look into it. I just emailed again as a follow up.

I used the E2 catch can and clean side oil separator on my SS and really like the professional build quality.

Regarding the catch can, I had an email thread going with Steve at Elite Engineering to see if the '17+ ZL1 system would work and he said he would look into it. I just emailed again as a follow up.

I used the E2 catch can and clean side oil separator on my SS and really like the professional build quality.
Let us know if he gets back to you. I’ve been looking for a catch can for a while.

Elite will have to figure out where to mount the can.

The spot used in the ZL1/1LE, does’t exist on a BW. They will need access to one for a bit to work out mounting/routing.

@WONT TAP any plans to offer a ported s/c - tb package? Seems to be the biggest bang for the buck mod on the BW5.
It's already on our website. ;)

We do have to get some more pictures up, but all the components in our recent 694 whp package are currently available. This includes the Stage X supercharger porting, GripTec supercharger pulley system, Nick Williams throttle body, Green performance air filter and Brisk silver racing spark plugs.

Last edited:
@Shholliday

Happy New Year Sir, any new updates and your mods and the cars performance since?
@PrimeTime
Thank you! Same to you and your family. So far, I'm at 640.75whp and 574.61wtq

I'm thinking about Kooks headers with green cats but I will use extensions for the sensors. I used extensions on my Vette with the same combination and I have not seen a CEL. I don't know that I'm going to go with the Kooks catback system as that may be too loud for my neighbors. I am also looking at going with the Brisk RR12S plugs and the GripTec 2.3" pulley. I'll buy all of these items from @WONT TAP. The numbers above are at full operating temperature. From what I've seen on the "cold" numbers it accounts for about a 7% decrease from "cold" to "hot" results.

@PrimeTime
I am also looking at going with the Brisk RR12S plugs and the GripTec 2.3" pulley. I'll buy all of these items from @WONT TAP. The numbers above are at full operating temperature. From what I've seen on the "cold" numbers it accounts for about a 7% decrease from "cold" to "hot" results.
That's correct. We do all dyno pulls at normal operating temperature (i.e. ECT > 180 degrees).

@PrimeTime
Thank you! Same to you and your family. So far, I'm at 640.75whp and 574.61wtq

I'm thinking about Kooks headers with green cats but I will use extensions for the sensors. I used extensions on my Vette with the same combination and I have not seen a CEL. I don't know that I'm going to go with the Kooks catback system as that may be too loud for my neighbors. I am also looking at going with the Brisk RR12S plugs and the GripTec 2.3" pulley. I'll buy all of these items from @WONT TAP. The numbers above are at full operating temperature. From what I've seen on the "cold" numbers it accounts for about a 7% decrease from "cold" to "hot" results.
Thank you Sir, good the hear from you! Just wondering how the performance continues today and your feedback now that you've had the mods for a while. Stout #s at the wheels, slight drop in the torque....It sounds like your happy with it. That's good news.. Thanks again for the update, stay well! I'm really interested in the SC and snorkel work, probably give more serious thought after I get back from SM in a few months. Headed out to the Orlando Cadillac Attack event at the end of the month 27 & 28th...... maybe @WONT TAP with have a setup there, chance to meet those guys?

That SC Whine at post #136 is freakin addicting! I want that noise!

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back