Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V Blackwing Performance Mods and Numbers

Hey guys. I just got my 5BW back from my speed shop.

Stock SC ported by Kong
103mm TB
Green filter

These numbers represent operating temperature runs. So, the numbers are "real world" and not cold runs. I'm very happy with the results. Removing the insulated plates from the SC lid allows her to whine a bit more, which I like. 70 WHP is a big difference in how she drives. I know we can't tune our cars, but I will need to get to know my 5BW again. Very different animal now. I'll post a video next week as we didn't get one at the dynojet run on Friday.
I'd love to hear the difference in the SC if you can get a video of it 😉

Stock SC ported by Kong
103mm TB
Green filter

These numbers represent operating temperature runs. So, the numbers are "real world" and not cold runs. I'm very happy with the results. Removing the insulated plates from the SC lid allows her to whine a bit more, which I like. 70 WHP is a big difference in how she drives. I know we can't tune our cars, but I will need to get to know my 5BW again. Very different animal now. I'll post a video next week as we didn't get one at the dynojet run on Friday.
Nice torque gains across the curve too...

I must be reading this wrong, looks to me like it lost some torque?

Yeah I read that graph and made my post before I had my coffee... lol

Lost torque down low but gained after 4000 RPM but overall it lost peak torque which seems odd given the gains in power.

Stock SC ported by Kong
103mm TB
Green filter

Nice gains for very little work!

Numbers look solid, any changes in drivability?

What does Kong charge for porting these days?

Outstanding work!

Regarding the headers: I hope the Catted versions do not set a light. Did Kooks give you any indication of what they have rated the green cats for? Folks running the green cats on LT4s discovered above 750hp, the exhaust pressure was causing the cats to collapse.

Linking to a Camaro6 thread that discusses the Kooks/GESI Green Cats in detail.

Here's the response from Kooks...

I looked through that forum, and the discussion was started quite some time ago. If you look toward the last page, you’ll see that people start discussing the GE-90147 – this is actually a new design that we switched to earlier this year. The substrate was re-designed to better support forced induction or nitrous applications and they are still rated for up to 850HP. Knock on wood, we haven’t seen nearly as much trouble with these as we had the previous design.

Overall, a vast majority of the problems we saw with the previous design liekly still come down to issues with tuning. We highly encourage customers who street drive AND track their cars to get a set of competition pipes to swap out at the track so they don’t have to worry about hurting the cats if their race tune isn’t 100% dialed in.

Here's the response from Kooks...

I looked through that forum, and the discussion was started quite some time ago. If you look toward the last page, you’ll see that people start discussing the GE-90147 – this is actually a new design that we switched to earlier this year. The substrate was re-designed to better support forced induction or nitrous applications and they are still rated for up to 850HP. Knock on wood, we haven’t seen nearly as much trouble with these as we had the previous design.

Overall, a vast majority of the problems we saw with the previous design liekly still come down to issues with tuning. We highly encourage customers who street drive AND track their cars to get a set of competition pipes to swap out at the track so they don’t have to worry about hurting the cats if their race tune isn’t 100% dialed in.
Really appreciate you following up on that concern.

Good to hear they have switched to another design that doesn’t have the same issue!

Plus $700 for throttle body and now would be time to add quality catch can another $500

+/- $2500 out the door, instant power to the wheels with a bolt on package. Id say that a great deal as well! Is this a "quite" mod(s)? No codes?

Check post #106. Just a visual tour but, it is a piece of art.
Yes sir, my buddy with the 8 sec Hellcat says Kong has been doing Dodge with great results for a while! That's sweet, great detail shots in video!

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back