Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V Blackwing Performance Mods and Numbers

So far we've got the following figured out and/or on the way: air filters, throttle body, ported supercharger, smaller/better supercharger pulley, colder spark plugs, headers, cat-back exhaust system, WOT Box, DTC Assassin and lithium battery.

Not a bad start...
Nice! Is it better to ask for forgiveness or permission? Wifey!

So far we've got the following figured out and/or on the way: air filters, throttle body, ported supercharger, smaller/better supercharger pulley, colder spark plugs, headers, cat-back exhaust system, WOT Box, DTC Assassin and lithium battery.

Not a bad start...
Well Well! Sounds exciting ! You guys get initial numbers from your shop car?

You guys think a better intake tube without the flat part and box near the throttle body would be beneficial?

You guys think a better intake tube without the flat part and box near the throttle body would be beneficial?
Initial dyno runs on our 2022 CT5-V Blackwing M6 shop car ranged from 614 to 620 whp. I believe we're going to use the 619 whp run as the official baseline.

We're working on a carbon fiber intake, but this will take some time...

Initial dyno runs on our 2022 CT5-V Blackwing M6 shop car ranged from 614 to 620 whp. I believe we're going to use the 619 whp run as the official baseline.

As we talked about this weekend, my numbers were very close to that as well. It was a pleasure to meet you and the team Scott.

Was this on a Dynojet or Mustang Dyno?

Looks interesting!

If you search for posts by Mirza the answer is no

All right guys. We have some news to report...

CT5-V Blackwing Green performance air filters are now in stock for immediate shipment, and all pre-orders went out the door today.

We now have colder plugs with smaller gaps, which will be required as we start to increase the boost.

Five members of the Tapout Tuning team attended the PRI Show last week, and we were able to assemble a monster sized initial buy-in on CT5-V Blackwing header systems from Kooks Custom Headers. This will help get the prices down, and bring these headers to this market as quickly as possible. Tapout Tuning will have these first, and our prices will be approximately 10% lower than the ones listed on the manufacturer's website. We are currently accepting pre-orders on these header systems.

The competition only headers will trigger catalyst inefficiency codes, and these can be cleared in about two seconds with our DTC Assassin. There is a possibility that the Green catted option may circumvent the DTCs, but we won't know for sure until we try them.

This is only the beginning, so please stay tuned. ;)

CT5-V Blackwing Green performance air filters are now in stock for immediate shipment, and all pre-orders went out the door today.

We now have colder plugs with smaller gaps, which will be required as we start to increase the boost.

Five members of the Tapout Tuning team attended the PRI Show last week, and we were able to assemble a monster sized initial buy-in on CT5-V Blackwing header systems from Kooks Custom Headers. This will help get the prices down, and bring these headers to this market as quickly as possible. Tapout Tuning will have these first, and our prices will be approximately 10% lower than the ones listed on the manufacturer's website. We are currently accepting pre-orders on these header systems.

The competition only headers will trigger catalyst inefficiency codes, and these can be cleared in about two seconds with our DTC Assassin. There is a possibility that the Green catted option may circumvent the DTCs, but we won't know for sure until we try them.

Outstanding work!

Regarding the headers: I hope the Catted versions do not set a light. Did Kooks give you any indication of what they have rated the green cats for? Folks running the green cats on LT4s discovered above 750hp, the exhaust pressure was causing the cats to collapse.

Linking to a Camaro6 thread that discusses the Kooks/GESI Green Cats in detail.

Scott, you guys dyno tuned the headers yet? Curious how much power is gained with simply tossing the Kooks headers on. You guys baselined your 5BW M6 at 619whp correct?

Outstanding work!

Regarding the headers: I hope the Catted versions do not set a light. Did Kooks give you any indication of what they have rated the green cats for? Folks running the green cats on LT4s discovered above 750hp, the exhaust pressure was causing the cats to collapse.
We'll look into this...

Scott, you guys dyno tuned the headers yet? Curious how much power is gained with simply tossing the Kooks headers on. You guys baselined your 5BW M6 at 619whp correct?
Yes, our baseline was 619 whp. Yes, we plan to dyno test and validate every single part that we recommend. But this will take a little time...

Hey guys. I just got my 5BW back from my speed shop.

Stock SC ported by Kong
103mm TB
Green filter

These numbers represent operating temperature runs. So, the numbers are "real world" and not cold runs. I'm very happy with the results. Removing the insulated plates from the SC lid allows her to whine a bit more, which I like. 70 WHP is a big difference in how she drives. I know we can't tune our cars, but I will need to get to know my 5BW again. Very different animal now. I'll post a video next week as we didn't get one at the dynojet run on Friday.

Attachments

• CT5-V BW Ported SC 103mmTB Green Filter.pdf
    245.6 KB · Views: 199
Last edited:

When do you think the Kooks Cat Back exhaust system will be ready to ship? Will you offer this as well?

When do you think the Kooks Cat Back exhaust system will be ready to ship? Will you offer this as well?
The header systems should be shipping between January 20 and February 3, 2023. The cat-back exhaust systems will be a little later in the first quarter. Yes, we will have them first, and at the best prices too. :)

Last edited:
The header systems should be shipping between Janaury 20 and February 3, 2023. The cat-back exhaust systems will be a little later in the first quarter. Yes, we will have them first, and at the best prices too. :)
Great! Thanks!

I see Kong nows offers optional $500 charge Stage X on SC housing. They state additional 40-60hp over "base" upgrade. :cool!:
I'm thinking the wife will get a new $$$bag out of this deal;)

You won't see much difference between Kong's normal port and the Stage X unless you have more than the SC modded. The Stage X was a request from heads/cam guys who wanted to push more boost.

Hey guys. I just got my 5BW back from my speed shop.

Stock SC ported by Kong
103mm TB
Green filter

These numbers represent operating temperature runs. So, the numbers are "real world" and not cold runs. I'm very happy with the results. Removing the insulated plates from the SC lid allows her to whine a bit more, which I like. 70 WHP is a big difference in how she drives. I know we can't tune our cars, but I will need to get to know my 5BW again. Very different animal now. I'll post a video next week as we didn't get one at the dynojet run on Friday.
Just took the plates off or did you smooth out the inside by shaving down the webbings?
256FDB6B-69A2-405F-8057-F7948A7C9DEE.jpeg

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners