Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V Blackwing Performance Mods and Numbers

I like where this headed, may pull my supercharger and get it porter as well. Would love to do a throttle body and small shot to runs low 10s.

Scott, you guys played around with using old school o2 sensor spacers to trick the secondary sensors?
We have, but without success.

OEM for life bitches!!
jim carrey GIF by hero0fwar

Just kidding guys so don't get you undies in a wad...

There have been many posts about wanting more whine from our Superchargers. The first picture is the 5BW SC lid and the second picture is the Hellcat SC lid. The three plates screwed onto our lids have insulation between the plates and our lid whereas the Hellcat SC does not have these plates with insulation. I am going to remove the plates before we install the Kong X ported SC. I'll post the dynojet video to show the numbers after the upgraded SC and TB which will also let us do a noise comparison. Should be interesting.

Attachments

• 5BW SC Lid.jpeg
    5BW SC Lid.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 107
  • Hellcat SC Lid.jpg
    Hellcat SC Lid.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 110
Incidentally the CTS-V only had one plate in the center of the SC lid.

There have been many posts about wanting more whine from our Superchargers. The first picture is the 5BW SC lid and the second picture is the Hellcat SC lid. The three plates screwed onto our lids have insulation between the plates and our lid whereas the Hellcat SC does not have these plates with insulation. I am going to remove the plates before we install the Kong X ported SC. I'll post the dynojet video to show the numbers after the upgraded SC and TB which will also let us do a noise comparison. Should be interesting.
waynes-world-chwing.gif

Well, looks like i have my next project for tomorrow.

Anyone happen to know the torque specs for the lid bolts?

I was told it is 89in-lb. Please double check this on your end beforehand. You will have yours completed first so please let us know your feedback.

I thought I'd share a couple of pics of the Nick Williams 103mm TB. We should receive the ported SC back next week. I hope you guys have a nice weekend.

Attachments

• Nick Williams 103mm TB Pic 1.jpg
    Nick Williams 103mm TB Pic 1.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 80
  • Nick Williams 103mm TB Pic 2.jpg
    Nick Williams 103mm TB Pic 2.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 79
I'm skeptical on the real-world gains of the ported blower without at tune. Yes, I saw the YT video where the car picked up 60 rwhp, but FishinV ran pretty much the same time as the ported blower car (within .10) with slicks and an otherwise stock car.

Equal cars with a ~60 hp advantage should be multiple tenths quicker in the 1/4 mile.
A big reason they dont do much better in the 1/4 mile is the launch is held back by the tune, just like the V3. The 60' is never going to be better than 1.7 without a tune. There is a torque vs RPM table under torque management that reduces torque until approx 30 mph. (max is around 40%). On my V3, that table alone picked up 3 tenths when i tuned it. Went from 1.75 to 1.47 on the 60'. Its there to protect the weak link which is the 2 Piece driveshaft

I thought I'd share a couple of pics of the Nick Williams 103mm TB. We should receive the ported SC back next week. I hope you guys have a nice weekend.
Any chance you have gotten around to doing this yet? May go out to the garage and give it a shot.

I cant be the only one on the edge of their seat to see what the guys over at Tap out have uncovered?

I cant be the only one on the edge of their seat to see what the guys over at Tap out have uncovered?
I am and my order hasn’t even been accepted yet!

I was going to until i found out my green filter will be here Saturday, so I am going to try the filter first and if that isn't enough i'll do the lid.
Pls post if you get/or do not get that difference you are looking for. Thanx. Some cool shenanigan's going on in this thread.

So far we've got the following figured out and/or on the way: air filters, throttle body, ported supercharger, smaller/better supercharger pulley, colder spark plugs, headers, cat-back exhaust system, WOT Box, DTC Assassin and lithium battery.

Not a bad start...

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners