Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-BW Inherent Goodness

quikag

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2023 Escalade V, 2022 CT5-V Blackwing
So, I drove my '10 ZR1 around quite a bit this weekend and also drove my Escalade V. I don't mention it for any other reason than to say that when I slid behind the wheel of the 5BW and drove it quite a bit yesterday, it reminded me of how incredibly good this car is.

The integration of the whole car and the harmony of all the controls is masterful. The smoothness, refinement, incredible chassis development, and smoothness and power of the engine really shines through after driving other cars.

It's a Jekyll and Hyde car too as it can be so smooth and relaxing in tour mode, but pop it over into V mode and it just turns into a monster with incredible acceleration, braking, and handling.

It is very clear that this car was developed and engineered by people that really care about getting the small things right and the whole to be greater than the sum of it's parts. Outstanding job, Mirza and team!!

On a semi-related note, whoever developed the Escalade V did a good job too, but you can definitely see the limitations of the platform and relative lack of integration compared to the Blackwings. Love the VSlade, but it just isn't that fun to drive overall besides the insane exhaust note (much more aggressive than the 5BW) and pretty good acceleration from a 6,200lb SUV. Again, they did okay with what they had to work with, but it's just not a sporty SUV and the chassis/platform was never designed as such. They dialed in the suspension pretty good, brakes are strong (six-piston Brembo up front), and LT4 engine and 2650 blower are awesome. Shifting is programmed very nicely too especially in V mode.

But....it's about 40% as fun as the 5BW. Different vehicles and different demographics, I know...

So, I drove my '10 ZR1 around quite a bit this weekend and also drove my Escalade V. I don't mention it for any other reason than to say that when I slid behind the wheel of the 5BW and drove it quite a bit yesterday, it reminded me of how incredibly good this car is.

The integration of the whole car and the harmony of all the controls is masterful. The smoothness, refinement, incredible chassis development, and smoothness and power of the engine really shines through after driving other cars.

It's a Jekyll and Hyde car too as it can be so smooth and relaxing in tour mode, but pop it over into V mode and it just turns into a monster with incredible acceleration, braking, and handling.

It is very clear that this car was developed and engineered by people that really care about getting the small things right and the whole to be greater than the sum of it's parts. Outstanding job, Mirza and team!!

On a semi-related note, whoever developed the Escalade V did a good job too, but you can definitely see the limitations of the platform and relative lack of integration compared to the Blackwings. Love the VSlade, but it just isn't that fun to drive overall besides the insane exhaust note (much more aggressive than the 5BW) and pretty good acceleration from a 6,200lb SUV. Again, they did okay with what they had to work with, but it's just not a sporty SUV and the chassis/platform was never designed as such. They dialed in the suspension pretty good, brakes are strong (six-piston Brembo up front), and LT4 engine and 2650 blower are awesome. Shifting is programmed very nicely too especially in V mode.

But....it's about 40% as fun as the 5BW. Different vehicles and different demographics, I know...

Well said @quikag, even though most of us mere mortals don't have access to a 5BW, a ZR1 and a VSlade! You are one lucky dude! May I ask - do you work for GM? I didn't think VSlades were even available for public sale yet, hence my question. But regardless - good for you - we can live vicariously through you :)

Well said @quikag, even though most of us mere mortals don't have access to a 5BW, a ZR1 and a VSlade! You are one lucky dude! May I ask - do you work for GM? I didn't think VSlades were even available for public sale yet, hence my question. But regardless - good for you - we can live vicariously through you :)

No, I don't work for GM, but I do spend an inordinate amount of money with the brand. :D

The VSlade's came out about a month or so ago for retail sale, but are trickling out like most vehicles these days with the supply shortages.

Now I'm more excited than ever to finally drive the 5BW, I can't wait for delivery. I drive 2 AMG's, however they don't have the 6MT. I should've kept my GT500, damn it man... LOL

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back