Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT4 Blackwing Track Tires & Wheels setups

TRTL PWR

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT4 V Blackwing
Does anyone have a preference for wheels and tires for track days. I am looking to do two days at COTA in march and questioning if the stock tires will hold up...

Last edited:
I think it depends on your definition of "hold up" The stock tires will perform very well given their bespoke design with about 61% of the Cup 2's polymer. Still won't be as good a pure R-compound tire but probably last longer.

I think it depends on your definition of "hold up" The stock tires will perform very well given their bespoke design with about 61% of the Cup 2's polymer. Still won't be as good a pure R-compound tire but probably last longer.
do you know of any r compound tires that would fit the stock wheels. I'm coming from goodyear supercar r's so I am guessing I will feel let down by the ps4s on track

In the OEM BW4 size, the pickings are pretty grim.

I'm not sure anyone has started to verify what size aftermarket wheel can fit in the BW4 and 5.

You can run a R888R or the A7/R7...that's it for anything with a UTQG less than OEM.

IF you can get a 265 on the front wheel, you can run the Goodyear SC3R which, IMHO is the best track day tire available.

I'm almost certain the Apex wheels I have for my SS 1LE will fit the BW5 with a small spacer in the front. I plan on using the Goodyear SC3 and the Falken 660 as my track and AutoX tire.

I see you challenge! I went to Michelin's site and saw they have Cup 2 and Cup 2 Connect tires for the 5 Blackwing but no racing tire for the 4 Blackwing...

As mentioned, R888r is about the best you'll get in the stock sizing and still be able to drive to the track if it's not wet out.

In the OEM BW4 size, the pickings are pretty grim.

I'm not sure anyone has started to verify what size aftermarket wheel can fit in the BW4 and 5.

You can run a R888R or the A7/R7...that's it for anything with a UTQG less than OEM.

IF you can get a 265 on the front wheel, you can run the Goodyear SC3R which, IMHO is the best track day tire available.

I'm almost certain the Apex wheels I have for my SS 1LE will fit the BW5 with a small spacer in the front. I plan on using the Goodyear SC3 and the Falken 660 as my track and AutoX tire.
I may try the goodyears with the 265 up front and 275 in back. the michelins do measure wider in the contact patch so i think the 265 up front will fit with the 275 in the rear leaving a bit to be desired....

I ran the stock 5BW tires a couple of times on track and they were pretty good. They're not Hoosiers or slicks but for streetable tires I thought they were good with one big caveat. At least on the 5BW if you are hustling the car they will start to overheat and lose grip after a few laps, very much like the Cup 2s were on the C7Z.

They also seemed to wear reasonably well with the track alignment.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back