Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Cool Gray Seat Protection

Whoever’s been to Spring Mountian lately, can let us know how Sky Cool Gray is holding up.

When I went, the cars were fresh but I wonder how the SCG Seat cars look now.

Whoever’s been to Spring Mountian lately, can let us know how Sky Cool Gray is holding up.

The car I was in last week had black interior so I don't know.....

The car I was in last week had black interior so I don't know.....
Guess it's up to the next person, going to Spring Mountian, to kindly take a look at a SCG Interior car and snap some pics for us.
I thought it was bold of them, to have SCG, on a Spring Mountian Car.
I'm very curious how it's holding up, under those conditions.

Guess it's up to the next person, going to Spring Mountian, to kindly take a look at a SCG Interior car and snap some pics for us.
I thought it was bold of them, to have SCG, on a Spring Mountian Car.
I'm very curious how it's holding up, under those conditions.
On a side note, my SCG seats are doing just fine in my 5 after 8 months..

On a side note, my SCG seats are doing just fine in my 5 after 8 months..
You do anything special to protect them? (I'm to busy at work to scroll through to see if you posted anything regarding that🙄... but i can later if need be). Thx

I did nothing to my seats and they are doing well..... Granted my 8 month old 5BW only has 950 miles on it tho....
Did you get the CF back seats? If so, they barely have any gray/white and they are mostly black. I'm more concerned about the mid-level, which I ended up going for due to CF backs not being available.

Did you get the CF back seats? If so, they barely have any gray/white and they are mostly black. I'm more concerned about the mid-level, which I ended up going for due to CF backs not being available.
My bad, I did get the CF seat backs...

Attachments

• 30FA9B21-650B-4082-8E27-31046D934F1E.JPG
    30FA9B21-650B-4082-8E27-31046D934F1E.JPG
    384.5 KB · Views: 110
You do anything special to protect them? (I'm to busy at work to scroll through to see if you posted anything regarding that🙄... but i can later if need be). Thx
I have the mid SCG interior with 4000 miles on them. Seats are doing fine with no protection. Also take the kids to school in it. Of course there is no food of any kind and my 2.5 year old has never been in it. But that is all the protection there is.

I just had PPF put on my exterior, and the sky cool grey interior got rave reviews from the guys working at the shop. They highly recommended this stuff - they said it will help with dye transfer issues, and it isn't shiny after it dries, so the seats look just the same as they did before I put a coat of this stuff on:

My only complaint with it is that it doesn't have a nice scent to it, but after applying it and leaving the windows down overnight, I can't tell anymore.

I did Spring Mountain last week and here re some shots of their 5BW with the cool gray seats. Unfortunately, I forgot to look at the odometer on this model but assume like the others, it was probably in the 3000 - 5000 mile range.

Attachments

• Seat1.jpg
    Seat1.jpg
    376.9 KB · Views: 128
  • Seat2.jpg
    Seat2.jpg
    356.8 KB · Views: 119
  • Seat3.jpg
    Seat3.jpg
    327.7 KB · Views: 121
^^^I've been there^^^
I recently bought a Jeep and all that mentality went out the softop. I know it will be different once I start driving my BW however.
Yeah, many people get leather seats in a Jeep and then immediately put on Bartact covers. The leather won’t be happy with the outdoor life.

I did Spring Mountain last week and here re some shots of their 5BW with the cool gray seats. Unfortunately, I forgot to look at the odometer on this model but assume like the others, it was probably in the 3000 - 5000 mile range.
Thanks for sharing these pics. I have these seats for my order coming(took over someone else's build) and I was/am pretty concerned with the light color and dye transfer. These don't look too bad though to be honest.

Yes, those look good and thats an example of a car with no sympathy given for dye transfer.

The real test is the CT4 (which is SCG in the middle), the one I drove at SM.
Also, the Mid-Grade CT5, but they probably dont have a Mid-Grade at SM.

They keep the cars pretty clean and wouldn't be surprised if they used a proper cleaner on the seats. Though most of us were in shorts given the warm temps there. So not much in the way of dye from jeans to rub off.

I have the black leather with white piping which picks up the dye from jeans pretty quickly. But Griot's Garage Leather Care seems to remove it quite easily.

They keep the cars pretty clean and wouldn't be surprised if they used a proper cleaner on the seats. Though most of us were in shorts given the warm temps there. So not much in the way of dye from jeans to rub off.

I have the black leather with white piping which picks up the dye from jeans pretty quickly. But Griot's Garage Leather Care seems to remove it quite easily.
Wait, you don’t wear jhorts? C’mon!

I have had dye transfer on the white piping which came off with some soapy water.

No, I don't. But I'd be lying if I said I didn't have a pair in the far reaches of my closet just in case they come back in style. 🩳 😂
Next to the pair of New Balance?

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners