Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

People with the Sky Cool Gray seats; any regrets?

@Tall Steve ...I can't wait to buy yours in another year or two for really cheap money. Then it can sit in my garage and I'll daily mine. 🤣
Not Gonna Happen No Way GIF by CBC

I have an order number for my 5BW and selected this interior. Thanks everyone for your feedback. It has helped convince me to move forward with this seating option. I’m also tired of black interiors but don’t like the tan/black combo (nor the price tag for it).

People at car shows always compliment the sky cool grey interior looks. It will just take a little more care to keep looking clean. It definitely compliments the car for sportyness.

I have them. I wear jeans every day to work. I have not have any blue fade onto the seats yet. Get a good ceramic coating for leather and coat them for safe measures.

The grey seats always get looks and comments at the car shows. I ceramic coated mine with Gyeon Leather Shield to help prevent denim transfer. It’s super easy to apply.

After 1.5 years and 17,000 miles with the sky cool grey seats, I can say that they do get dye transfer and can show dirt. However, both dirt and dye can be 100% wiped off with some interior quick detailer and a microfiber towel. They are very easy seats to maintain, mine still look brand new...no ceramic coating needed.

In the photo below, the right hand side of the seat (top in the photo) has some blue dye transfer. The left hand side (bottom in the photo) has been wiped clean with a microfiber. You can see the blue dye picked up on the yellow towel. This is just done with Meguiar's Interior Quick Detailer...not even an aggressive leather cleaner. I'm guessing it would come off even with just a wet towel.
IMG_1787.jpeg

I was really worried about they grey considering everyone in my family wears jeans. It great to see that it's easy to clean.

I have them and although I only have about 6k miles on the car I haven't seen any transfer at all. I doubt I will see much transfer since I had all the seats ceramic coated with Modesta before the car had 50 miles on it.

200w (9).gif

No regrets... not even a single letter.

Close to 20k on my 22 5bw...that I use as my year-round daily for my family (including driving 2 kids back and forth from soccer and baseball) in Jersey (just outside Philly).

Sky Cool Grey looks great & is easy to clean. I was originally worried too, but they've held up great. No special coatings or protectants above and beyond any typical leather car seat care.

I'd share pictures, but car is at dealer getting some warranty work done.

I have them and although I only have about 6k miles on the car I haven't seen any transfer at all. I doubt I will see much transfer since I had all the seats ceramic coated with Modesta before the car had 50 miles on it.
I will say that I only had dye transfer after getting a few pairs of new jeans, and haven't had any since washing them several times. 👍

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back