Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Cool Gray Seat Protection

ajamils

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2023 CT4-BW Track Edition (On Order), 2022 CT5-BW (Bailed), 2022 CT4-BW (Sold)
Those who have gotten Cool Gray seats (top level interior in CT4-BW and mid level in CT5-BW) what have you done to keep them clean and protect from stains? Similar to ceramic coating for outside, is there any protection for leather that actually works? I'm particularly concerned about marks from jeans from getting in and out of the car.

Those who have gotten Cool Gray seats (top level interior in CT4-BW and mid level in CT5-BW) what have you done to keep them clean and protect from stains? Similar to ceramic coating for outside, is there any protection for leather that actually works? I'm particularly concerned about marks from jeans from getting in and out of the car.
I also have those seats on order. I recently had a Honda Civic with the light tan leather seats, and I didn't do anything special with them. I would just clean them with a white microfiber towel (so you can see the color coming up) and Griots interior cleaner. Once every other month was enough. You can always use something like Colourlock, but you are still going to have to clean them the same way...maybe it would be easier to clean, not sure. I never really worry about anything penetrating the leather permanently since there is already a plastic like coating on all modern cars.

I also have those seats on order. I recently had a Honda Civic with the light tan leather seats, and I didn't do anything special with them. I would just clean them with a white microfiber towel (so you can see the color coming up) and Griots interior cleaner. Once every other month was enough. You can always use something like Colourlock, but you are still going to have to clean them the same way...maybe it would be easier to clean, not sure. I never really worry about anything penetrating the leather permanently since there is already a plastic like coating on all modern cars.

Don't know how I feel about colour lock, as I don't really see the difference. For the 4BW, I'm just going to go back to regular weekly wipe down with an interior dressing like CarPro Perl.

Mine are protected. I assume with a CarPro product. 6.5 months in and they still look great.

CarPro and Gyeon both sell leather coatings (similar to paint coatings) If I ever get my order with sky cool grey I will be using one of these products. Both are reputable brands.

I did a ton of interwebs research on the topic. What I found was... everything you could do is wrong and you're dumb for trying. What did seem semi-consistent is that because all automative leather is sealed from the factory, any leather protectants you use are not applied to the leather directly, and are just to the coating, so it's pretty irrelevant.

I keep a little pouch of baby wipes in my center console and just wipe driver's seat down once a week or so.
Then, I picked up some 303 Leather 3-in-1, and maybe once a month or so I'll do a deep clean with that.

I absolutely, 100%, for sure, get dye transfer. It very clearly comes off on the baby wipes, and the 303 Leather cleaner does an excellent job of getting anything the baby wipes miss. The 303 definitely does not prevent dye transfer, but I've not had any issues yet with removing what's on the seat.

Pretty much nothing prevents dye transfer, but a regular wipe down with pretty much any good car leather cleaning product (or baby wipes!) will take care of it.

Thank you all for the replies. This makes me feel better 🙂

You're all doing it wrong. This guy knows how to clean an interior:
Looks like he's just blasting out the door jambs which are absolutely filthy and neglected 99.99% of the time. Remember a car interior is water resistant, so the mist from the power washer flying inside isn't going to do anything, since he's mainly directing it at the door jambs.

You're all doing it wrong. This guy knows how to clean an interior:
I've seen this many times in person. They don't wash the seats but instead the door jambs and the bottom part of the doors.

Hey what do you guys think about Gtechniq leather guard?

Looks like he's just blasting out the door jambs which are absolutely filthy and neglected 99.99% of the time. Remember a car interior is water resistant, so the mist from the power washer flying inside isn't going to do anything, since he's mainly directing it at the door jambs.
I've seen this many times in person. They don't wash the seats but instead the door jambs and the bottom part of the doors.
Well I'll wait for video's from both of you when cleaning out your Blackwings jambs.

Well I'll wait for video's from both of you when cleaning out your Blackwings jambs.
Lol, I've never done that personally and I don't need to. I always wipe down all my door jambs, trunk gutter, and all rubber seals at every wash. I wash my cars at least once a week if I drive them, and sometimes even when I don't drive them because it bugs me to see that fine layer of dust when I look at it from an angle(Only the anal will know what I'm talking about). I don't play when it comes to keeping my cars glossy and protected.

^^^I've been there^^^
I recently bought a Jeep and all that mentality went out the softop. I know it will be different once I start driving my BW however.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back