Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Colored circle lines in Tach

Laceman2023

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2023 cts-v5 BW
Put my new Ct5-v BW in V manual mode using paddle shifters in 1st gear. as I accelerated a circular colored line appeared around the tachometer. As I went faster, the line changed color to I believe red
Can anyone provide significance of the appearance of lines and the changing colors?

It mimics redline and the orange approaching redline.

It mimics redline and the orange approaching redline.
Yes, they seem to be similar to the shift lights when in V mode (like in the HUD). They also seem to be more reactive the more aggressive you are with the throttle and RPM (not as reactive if you lazily increase RPM - might be my imagination, though). I have personally dubbed them "The Rings of Power". :)

Yes, they seem to be similar to the shift lights when in V mode (like in the HUD). They also seem to be more reactive the more aggressive you are with the throttle and RPM (not as reactive if you lazily increase RPM - might be my imagination, though). I have personally dubbed them "The Rings of Power". :)
Makes sense!
Just went over 500 miles and saw the tach change. Any input if I am driving in manual mode with paddle shifters at what rpm is advisable for gearshift?

Just pretend for a moment that the car had a 3rd pedal. How and when you shift would depend on your drive. Commute, back roads, open road blast, maybe conservative MPG, or feeling frisky and just want to hear exhaust pops and gurgling under decel. There is no black and white answer. Just enjoy the drive:Steer

Makes sense!
Just went over 500 miles and saw the tach change. Any input if I am driving in manual mode with paddle shifters at what rpm is advisable for gearshift?
By the way, congratulations and best of luck with it. There is a thread just for introducing yourself and posting a few pics show you choose.:beer

Just pretend for a moment that the car had a 3rd pedal. How and when you shift would depend on your drive. Commute, back roads, open road blast, maybe conservative MPG, or feeling frisky and just want to hear exhaust pops and gurgling under decel. There is no black and white answer. Just enjoy the drive:Steer
Well said!

I have a manual 4 Blackwing and have seen green at times. Have not been able to reproduce on demand or find info in the manual

I have a manual 4 Blackwing and have seen green at times. Have not been able to reproduce on demand or find info in the manual
Is yours auto? I'm wondering if green would signify AFM being active.

Is yours auto? I'm wondering if green would signify AFM being active.

Yeah I've noticed the same green ring on my manual CT5 occasionally

I asked previously what the green ring means on the forum and really no one had an answer that made sense.

I guess green must then mean that your driving is to eco friendly, drive faster!

Means it’s time to shift.
8B70B705-4DAB-4A44-9730-CE6B1933801E.jpeg

Also from the 4 manual, page 103.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230331-152136.png
    Screenshot_20230331-152136.png
    145.4 KB · Views: 59
It seems to go from green to yellow to red.

Just listen. The sound of the engine and your desired rate of acceleration is all you need to know. If you're really in a hurry there should be no time to look at the dash :)

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back