Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Cheap "Mod" Upper Trunk Liner

Mine just arrived. I forgot I ordered it. It wasn't damaged, but the box sure was beaten up. I ordered clips off Amazon because it doesn't come with any, or any instructions. But the holes seem to line up with holes in the metal underneath, so I think the clips should work OK to hold it in place.

Lol! I forgot I'd ordered mine too! Thanks for the reminder! 😅

I still don't have it, but I think we all ordered quite a few of these at the same time, so it should probably get here in the next few days.

Mind posting a link to the clips you ordered (assuming they work for you).

Received mine too, It was folded and has some creases that will probably never come out but its not worth complaining about. It fits pretty good and does the job.

Lol! I forgot I'd ordered mine too! Thanks for the reminder! 😅

I still don't have it, but I think we all ordered quite a few of these at the same time, so it should probably get here in the next few days.

Mind posting a link to the clips you ordered (assuming they work for you).
The factory diagram looked like the trunk liner clip part number is 1605396, so I ordered these on Amazon:

Lifetime supply, but it's only $6+.

*update* The liner does come with clips. They were taped inside the box so I didn't see them until I went out to double check in the recycle bin. They are the pin locking type. So check your box before you toss it.

Last edited:
Mine was creased, and the creases came out. It also included clips for installing. I did trim the hole a little bigger in the center for the sub. Fits much better that way. Looks factory

got mine Friday, haven't even opened the box yet, but probably laying it out to uncrease and install on next weekend

V Series, confirming you have a 5 Blackwing, you ordered from the site of the 1st page, and it fit? The site lists it can't work for 2022 or 2023.

Just placed an order for one. Thanks for the information.

Ordered

I installed mine. Went in easy except for being a contortionist to get it in. But it looks factory and nobody will probably ever notice it but it looks "finished" now.

I installed mine. Went in easy except for being a contortionist to get it in. But it looks factory and nobody will probably ever notice it but it looks "finished" now.
My double stick tape wont stay stuck to the carpet side... What did you use to keep the lip up?

My double stick tape wont stay stuck to the carpet side... What did you use to keep the lip up?
I used the push in clips that came with it. Holding just fine.

The clips hold, but the edge along the weather stripping, how are you holding that edge up tight?
Mine is holding up there fine. It has enough body to stay. At least when I installed it. I haven't had the trunk open in awhile.

Just ordered one today...along with the puddle lights! thanks to the OP for alerting us to this very nice upgrade that Cadillac should have provided with the car.

The clips hold, but the edge along the weather stripping, how are you holding that edge up tight?
Hi @1BadTundra thanks so much for notifying of this add-on. I'm so glad I got this - in fact i assumed it was lined back there until I saw this post and realized it was "unfinished". I hope this helps but the weather stripping on my 4BW was enough to wrap over the edge of this cover all the way - it looks seamless and gives a bit of extra hold on top of the clips (that also hold quite well... have to make sure clips are fully clipped in). I havent used any tape or anything else. I even took the ride out for some good sessions wondering if it would flex or bounce out anywhere but it held solid.

Its hard to explain until you get in there but all 4 sides in the trunk lining there are discreet places where you can overlap or blend the liners together where they provide support for everything together.

Please feel free to DM or anything if I can help!

Toughest part of this install was Cirque Du Soleil'ing my fat arse back there to secure everything properly... Lol

*also I noticed someone ask, I did find it made the cabin a bit quieter after install. I didnt mind this as I still hear all the burbles and belches, but just what I observed with my car post install.

Hi @1BadTundra thanks so much for notifying of this add-on. I'm so glad I got this - in fact i assumed it was lined back there until I saw this post and realized it was "unfinished". I hope this helps but the weather stripping on my 4BW was enough to wrap over the edge of this cover all the way - it looks seamless and gives a bit of extra hold on top of the clips (that also hold quite well... have to make sure clips are fully clipped in). I havent used any tape or anything else. I even took the ride out for some good sessions wondering if it would flex or bounce out anywhere but it held solid.

Its hard to explain until you get in there but all 4 sides in the trunk lining there are discreet places where you can overlap or blend the liners together where they provide support for everything together.

Please feel free to DM or anything if I can help!

Toughest part of this install was Cirque Du Soleil'ing my fat arse back there to secure everything properly... Lol

*also I noticed someone ask, I did find it made the cabin a bit quieter after install. I didnt mind this as I still hear all the burbles and belches, but just what I observed with my car post install.
Thanks man, I'll try to tuck it in my weather stripping. I hadn't tried that yet. The noise difference is minimal if any. I still hear all the burbles and pops too. Love it. May do a little exhaust "work" soon anyway.

I ordered one of these a while back and finally just received it. Unfortunately, it is one for a CT5 and I need one for a CT4, so now I get to deal with the hassle of returning it or exchanging it. :-(

I ordered one of these a while back and finally just received it. Unfortunately, it is one for a CT5 and I need one for a CT4, so now I get to deal with the hassle of returning it or exchanging it. :-(
Or sell it to a member here and just order a new ct4 one. I'm sure someone local would pick it up. I would if you're near nj/nyc area.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back