Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Carbon fiber PN database.

Getting that bumper would be $400 at MSRP from the dealer, $300 + $75 core + tax, so that isn't prohibitive. I wonder if I got the part if those brackets could be removed and reattached to the stock one with holes made in it. I heard the standard one has markings for the holes on the back side, and the CF version nose could be used as a template too. That would save repainting and PPF. If they can't be removed safely, then I could just stash it away for future painting and replace. No idea what clips those dive planes use though. Nothing looks likely on the diagrams for that.

Getting that bumper would be $400 at MSRP from the dealer, $300 + $75 core + tax, so that isn't prohibitive. I wonder if I got the part if those brackets could be removed and reattached to the stock one with holes made in it. I heard the standard one has markings for the holes on the back side, and the CF version nose could be used as a template too. That would save repainting and PPF. If they can't be removed safely, then I could just stash it away for future painting and replace. No idea what clips those dive planes use though. Nothing looks likely on the diagrams for that.
It’s likely plastic welded on. If you can get the old one off you might be able to attach it with a plastic welder like this. https://a.co/d/9ndb0xV

This part concerns me. These moldings are specifically noted as without carbon fiber package, but there aren't others listed with the carbon. I wonder what the difference if any can be, and if it is a significant issue. I've looked at photos for both with and without carbon and don't see any external differences. I wonder if there is interference with the inner structure since it's in the area of the dive plane support bracket.

1679359849130.png

1679359879469.png

I still haven't figured out what type of clips hold the dive planes onto to bumper cover.

This part concerns me. These moldings are specifically noted as without carbon fiber package, but there aren't others listed with the carbon. I wonder what the difference if any can be, and if it is a significant issue. I've looked at photos for both with and without carbon and don't see any external differences. I wonder if there is interference with the inner structure since it's in the area of the dive plane support bracket.

View attachment 17786

View attachment 17787

I still haven't figured out what type of clips hold the dive planes onto to bumper cover.
These are the clips. Same as what holds the splitter on and various other things of the bumper. That outer molding should be the same, only thing I could think of is if they moved the parking sensors location around a bit

I got the front splitter parts today; splitter, and both underbody air deflectors. I also ordered the screws and clip nuts off Amazon. Looks like 8 will be needed total, 3 each underbody and 1 each for the lower connector of the carbon air deflector. I'm still wrestling with the idea of getting the bumper cover for the dive planes. That represents a lot of extra work and cost, but they are also the most unique element of the aero package.

The splitter was dated 7/26/22. The underbody deflectors are a semi-flexible rubber/plastic material.

Attachments

• PXL_20230324_170841988.jpg
    PXL_20230324_170841988.jpg
    5.4 MB · Views: 139
  • PXL_20230324_170850322.jpg
    PXL_20230324_170850322.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 135
  • PXL_20230324_170905043.jpg
    PXL_20230324_170905043.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 137
  • PXL_20230324_171937139.jpg
    PXL_20230324_171937139.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 138
I picked up the 4BW carbon package bumper cover today from the dealer. Not a bad deal at $376.20 plus tax at MSRP. That includes a $75 core charge if you want to return the existing one.

Here are photos so you can see the the support and how it's attached. It only has four small tack welds on it so it would be simple to remove without damage and attach to the existing if you cut the holes. You could probably use the bumper for reference, and I heard (but haven't verified) the existing has marks for the holes on the backside. I don't know what I'll do next. Swapping the supports and cutting holes in my nose would save painting and PPF which I expect could be $1200 for both.

As I expected, it's a large box so plan for that. It's also some of the nicest box origami I've ever seen. The cardboard tucks into each hand hole to hold it together, and not a single staple or piece of tape at all. Then it folds flat to set aside or recycle.

PS: I added two more photos showing the outer bracket support. The outermost dive plane slot goes into this piece, so it's not just the two previously pictured, but four.

Attachments

• box.jpg
    box.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 132
  • front.jpg
    front.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 128
  • left front.jpg
    left front.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 110
  • right front.jpg
    right front.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 109
  • left support.jpg
    left support.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 126
  • Right support.jpg
    Right support.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 115
  • welds.jpg
    welds.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 128
  • right outer.jpg
    right outer.jpg
    362.4 KB · Views: 74
  • left outer.jpg
    left outer.jpg
    162 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:
I picked up the 4BW carbon package bumper cover today from the dealer. Not a bad deal at $376.20 plus tax at MSRP. That includes a $75 core charge if you want to return the existing one.

Here are photos so you can see the the support and how it's attached. It only has four small tack welds on it so it would be simple to remove without damage and attach to the existing if you cut the holes. You could probably use the bumper for reference, and I heard (but haven't verified) the existing has marks for the holes on the backside. I don't know what I'll do next. Swapping the supports and cutting holes in my nose would save painting and PPF which I expect could be $1200 for both.

As I expected, it's a large box so plan for that. It's also some of the nicest box origami I've ever seen. The cardboard tucks into each hand hole to hold it together, and not a single staple or piece of tape at all. Then it folds flat to set aside or recycle.
My secret dream job is to design boxes like that

Last edited:
Here are the OEM carbon fibers part numbers for both the 4 & 5 Blackwing. Use a variety of online sources to check prices such as Gmpartsdirect, GMpartscorp.com, etc.

CT4-BW:

Rear Spoiler PN 85561509
Front Splitter
PN 84433235(old)85563054(new)
Wheel deflector PN 84586281
Wheel deflector PN 84586282
Rocker Extension PN 84795019
Rocker Extension PN 84795020
Dive Plane PN 84996873
Dive Plane PN 84996874
Rear Valance Diffuser PN 84981410

CT5-BW:

Front Grille Header PN 86788444
front splitter PN 84432226
front side wheel deflector right PN 84490400
front side wheel deflector left PN 84490401
deflector kit PN 84624552
right rocker molding PN 84965190
left rocker molding PN 84965189
rear wing PN 85561511
rear diffuser PN 84981408
Is the CT5 V bw splitter the carbon fibre one, or is it the lip that come on the base car?

The splitter is CF and I noticed the price went up substantially since I ordered mine in December.

Got my carbon goodies in the mail for my CT4 to go a long with the carbon spoiler i put on a while ago. Going to try and get these on this weekend.

I went with the OEM front splitter, wheel deflectors, and picked up the extra under body aero.

@Johnnywaffles11 - what are these clips you were referring to in your earlier post? Do the stock side splitter pieces just unscrew and then there are clips you have to transfer to the CF splitter?

20230406_190442.jpg

20230406_190337.jpg

20230406_190133.jpg

Mine also has leftover resin/wrapping on the inside:

20230406_190628.jpg

The clips he referred to was responding to my question about how the dive planes attach. The dive planes slot into support brackets through the bumper and the clip he showed slips in and holds it. For the pieces you have, you'll need at least four screws and captive nuts I show in the third photo in post 425. You need three each for the underbody deflectors, and one each I believe for the lower hole of the carbon deflector to carbon splitter. I got the screws and nuts on Amazon https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BHDCG6K?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details https://www.amazon.com/dp/B085VF3CLP?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

If you get the dive planes eventually, these are the clips for it on Amazon https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09PRDWDWG?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

I think that is the same clip type you reuse from the plastic splitter if you can do it without breaking them. Those are the three slots in the carbon splitter.

Last edited:
yep you reuse the clips from the black OEM front deflectors (they are a PITA to get out, be patient) I gave up when mounting an skipped the middle clip and just ran 2 of the 3 on each side. I have some of the extra screws you'll need to mount the trim pieces underneath if you want to meet up again by my work next week @Metal4all6. where did you order the plastic air deflectors from? I didn't get these yet.

yep you reuse the clips from the black OEM front deflectors (they are a PITA to get out, be patient) I gave up when mounting an skipped the middle clip and just ran 2 of the 3 on each side. I have some of the extra screws you'll need to mount the trim pieces underneath if you want to meet up again by my work next week @Metal4all6. where did you order the plastic air deflectors from? I didn't get these yet.

Thanks! I bought the same screws/clips that dirkbg shared above last week so I should be good I hope 👍. We need to get a Philly meet sometime this spring!

The air deflectors I bought from gmpartsdirect.com. The parts were only $12, but then $18 to ship (cheapest I could find). Took about 1.5 weeks to get.

Got the front CF parts installed today. Went pretty smoothly, and I agree with jonnywaffles11 about the white clips. I also gave up on trying to get the middle one back on.

Only thing I'm disappointed about is there is a 1 - 2 mm gap on the passenger side between the splitter and wheel deflector. Drivers side fits perfectly, but no amount of adjustment could I get the passenger side perfect. It'll have to do for now.

Also need to find a longer screw for the bottom of the wheel deflectors. The ones dirkbg posted are just a little too short. They work perfect for the extra plastic under body aero though.

20230407_102724.jpg

With the side plastic parts off:

20230407_102737.jpg

Extra under body aero attached:

20230407_104222.jpg

20230407_114744.jpg

20230407_120232.jpg

Small gap between the parts:

20230407_124715.jpg

All done:

20230407_131940.jpg

Only thing I'm disappointed about is there is a 1 - 2 mm gap on the passenger side between the splitter and wheel deflector.
Just looked at mine and it's the same...

Searched and can't find a link or the part number. Does anyone know the part number for the carbon piece above the license plate on a 5BW? I thought about changing that out after I get my CF spoiler

Qas
Searched and can't find a link or the part number. Does anyone know the part number for the carbon piece above the license plate on a 5BW? I thought about changing that out after I get my CF spoiler
Was it available as CF?

Yes, part of CF2. Well, wait. Now you have me thinking. I thought it was. Maybe that's why I can't find it.

Edit: I was just looking at Steve's pictures. He has CF2 and that piece is NOT carbon.

Last edited:
Edit: I was just looking at Steve's pictures. He has CF2 and that piece is NOT carbon.
Right. I have CF1 and CF2 and that piece on trunk above the license plate is not CF. Would also like to know where this can be obtained in CF finish.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back