Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Carbon fiber PN database.

Here are some photos I have on hand in the meantime, for some reference. This is with the CF.
Thank you, very helpful.
Lower no, further out yes. And don’t forget to order the aero pieces for underneath. For the lip you have to take off the 3 plastic covers under the car. It’s a torque bit, but I believe it was a t15. And remove the 5 10mm bolts for all 3 pieces to come out. And there is about 20 or so torque screws to remove underneath. And the top part of the splitter is plastic clips. There’s going to be 4 clips that you’re not gonna be able to put back in, but you could put them in upside down instead of the way that you took them out. no way to put them back in without totally disassembling the underneath. there clip in so don’t worry they won’t fall out. Total time of installation 1.5 hours. Just need a lift, makes it so much easier!
Appreciate the walkthrough, I will likely do this in the future. But I just PPFed the entire car including the existing splitter, so I will probably leave it as a future upgrade

For me the splitter is not really a performance mod, but it does look great. I would skip the wheel well defectors for now, that’s an extra $1100 for both. My local dealer can get the splitter at a decent price. Still not 100% onboard since I also have a 23 5BW waiting for an allocation. But, talked to the sales manager yesterday and they are hardly getting any CF allocations. Thinking I will probably CF my 22 5BW and push my order to 24.

Hi all,

Just bought a used 22 CT5 BW and the dealer had added the CF 1&2. The rear spoiler was backordered and they finally got it and shipped it to me. Just opened it up and there is no template or hardware for it. The part # on it is 85517784. Shows up on a google search as the spoiler for the CT5 but it only costs about $2100 versus the ~$3.2K for part# 85561511 that is listed on the first post.

Anyone know anything about this other part #? Are they really charging over $1000 for the hardware and template? I'm not sure what to do now without the hardware and template. My guess is that this part# is for a replacement spoiler (after a collision?) for a car that came with the Carbon 1 package. Then the holes are already there and you would reuse the hardware.

The dealer won't do anything since I am in Wisconsin and the dealer is in Pennsylvania. Does anyone still have the template and a really good description of the hardware that is included? Would really appreciate it.

Thanks,
George

Hi all,

Just bought a used 22 CT5 BW and the dealer had added the CF 1&2. The rear spoiler was backordered and they finally got it and shipped it to me. Just opened it up and there is no template or hardware for it. The part # on it is 85517784. Shows up on a google search as the spoiler for the CT5 but it only costs about $2100 versus the ~$3.2K for part# 85561511 that is listed on the first post.

Anyone know anything about this other part #? Are they really charging over $1000 for the hardware and template? I'm not sure what to do now without the hardware and template. My guess is that this part# is for a replacement spoiler (after a collision?) for a car that came with the Carbon 1 package. Then the holes are already there and you would reuse the hardware.

The dealer won't do anything since I am in Wisconsin and the dealer is in Pennsylvania. Does anyone still have the template and a really good description of the hardware that is included? Would really appreciate it.

Thanks,
George
That is really interesting. Maybe some folks could save some money doing their own hardware.

Interesting and also quite annoying. Can't believe they are charging $1K for the template and hardware, outrageous.

Hi all,

Thanks,
George
Does your BW5 have any kind of spoiler on it ?? If so, the holes may already be there so no need for the template.

We actually just went over the "hole" thing. I was mistaken thinking all the holes were there when really the 2 outer need to be drilled for the cf spoiler.

As far as the cheaper spoiler goes, I looked it up quick and the regular price is like 3200, but now it's on sale on most gm sites for 2100ish.

You have to drill the 2 outer holes for the Carbon spoiler. They do not exist unless your car had the Carbon 1 package. I removed the stock one, which is just taped on, and put the new carbon one on using the 5 existing holes to "align" it on the trunk. I then put tape under the 2 bolts needing holes and marked the tape. Set aside the spoiler, center punched it and drilled the holes. Started small and drilled 3 or 4 times up to a 5/16" bit. Spoiler fits great!

Now need to get some info on the hardware and paint the hole edges before it gets installed for good. No hurry since the weather here is crap for awhile.

George

We actually just went over the "hole" thing. I was mistaken thinking all the holes were there when really the 2 outer need to be drilled for the cf spoiler.

As far as the cheaper spoiler goes, I looked it up quick and the regular price is like 3200, but now it's on sale on most gm sites for 2100ish.
I called GMPartsGiant about the 85517784 and the status is discontinued with no new part number. It may be possible to find that part at a dealer by calling around, but seems like a long shot.

Attached are they spoiler installation instructions. The two outer holes are 15mm. Did some digging and I believe, but not 100% sure, the two outer retainers are PN 84448584 and the four nuts are PN 11549262.

Attachments

• Document ID: 5754366.pdf
    688.9 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
You have to drill the 2 outer holes for the Carbon spoiler. They do not exist unless your car had the Carbon 1 package. I removed the stock one, which is just taped on, and put the new carbon one on using the 5 existing holes to "align" it on the trunk. I then put tape under the 2 bolts needing holes and marked the tape. Set aside the spoiler, center punched it and drilled the holes. Started small and drilled 3 or 4 times up to a 5/16" bit. Spoiler fits great!

Now need to get some info on the hardware and paint the hole edges before it gets installed for good. No hurry since the weather here is crap for awhile.

George
I bought the current available expensive CF rear spoiler kit. I got a special one time buyer price deal, so I paid a lot less than $3200 and sorry, it can't be repeated. On the back side of the spoiler, it does have part # 85561511, the kit I purchased. Does yours show part # 85517784?

For the two outer holes, GM provides special plastic "push nuts" that require a 15mm or 0.59055 inch hole, just short of a 5/8" (16mm or 0.62992) hole to mount to the trunk lid. It does not need to be an oval hole. It appears to be extreme difficult if not impossible to reach through the inside double walled trunk lid to tighten any nut otherwise. The plastic nut locks into the hole and the CF spoiler bolt locks when you push downward. I can't imagine how to remove once installed in the future. For the other 4 bolt holes, GM provide metal nuts that you tighten from the inside of the trunk lid. Easy to reach these. On the far outer two edges of the spoiler, it does have double sided tape to help secure it and I plan to use 3M activator instead of alcohol prep to make adhesive stronger.

I plan to mount over the weekend unless I get interrupted by work. I also plan to use basic touch up paint that I have laying around for any drilled holes as nobody will ever see those areas. I wish I had real tiny hands for the outer holes to drill smaller holes and use metal nuts or that GM would have offered some access holes between the walls. This rear spoiler seemed to be an after thought, lol!
IMG_1034.jpeg
IMG_1043.jpeg
IMG_1045.jpeg

I called GMPartsGiant about the 85517784 and the status is discontinued with no new part number. It may be possible to find that part at a dealer by calling around, but seems like a long shot.

Attached are they spoiler installation instructions. The two outer holes are 15mm. Did some digging and I believe, but not 100% sure, the two outer retainers are PN 84448584 and the four nuts are PN 11549262.
Thank you sir for the instructions! Only thing left out of them after reading is to vacuum out the metal shavings! If left inside rattling around, they can start rusting and causing a possible rust from the inside out situation!

Can we add the V3 Carbon mirror caps to this list? I know they aren't officially a Blackwing part but the V3 CTS-V caps fit the Blackwing.

Can they even still be ordered from GM? I'm unable to find a part number for them, I can only fond aftermarket pieces.

Wow. Thanks for the instructions and the close up pictures of the plastic clips/retainers. Very helpful. Looks like I need to find something similar or figure something else out. Sounds like no access to those outer holes to use nuts.

My spoiler does indeed have part # 85517784 on the bottom of the spoiler.

George

Hi all,

Thanks,
George
Mind sharing pictures of part#85517784. My dealer sent me that number when I inquired about CF parts, but I sent him the one that was confirmed here. (Dealer/Service sucks so badly, I am at a crossroads at what to do. They have been falling well short in helping me obtain CF, wheels, tires. They ignore me, it's terrible customer service/relationship, they don't care. #sadstory)

Mind sharing pictures of part#85517784. My dealer sent me that number when I inquired about CF parts, but I sent him the one that was confirmed here. (Dealer/Service sucks so badly, I am at a crossroads at what to do. They have been falling well short in helping me obtain CF, wheels, tires. They ignore me, it's terrible customer service/relationship, they don't care. #sadstory)
Call another dealer. I was told the 784 part number is discontinued.

Here are some pictures.

I ordered those parts (nuts and plastic bushing) from GMPartsGiant. But just got an e-mail from them saying the order has been voided because the part numbers are not available or do not have a shipping date.

Shoot. Oh well, will have to figure out something else.

George

Attachments

• IMG_6100.jpg
    IMG_6100.jpg
    490.8 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_6102.jpg
    IMG_6102.jpg
    824.2 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_6104.jpg
    IMG_6104.jpg
    714.7 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_6107.jpg
    IMG_6107.jpg
    590.5 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_6110.jpg
    IMG_6110.jpg
    634.4 KB · Views: 95
Does anyone happen to have an updated part number for the CF rockers/extensions for the 4bw?

Dealer said they were backordered.
GmPartsGiant says they are discontinued.
hadwinwhitewholesaleparts.com doesn't even have them listed.

AGH. I have everything ordered and that's the last piece.

Anyone have a 3d scan of those side skirts by chance? This is maddening :D

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners