Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Carbon fiber PN database.

Okay picked up the spoiler from the dealer.

Looks great. Very light as expected, weighs just 2.3 pounds on my scale.

Now off to the detailer to get it wrapped. It comes with the bolts already attached and double sided tape on the outer edges. It also comes with a template to put on the deck lid. I’ll talk to my detailer, maybe I’ll just have them mount it (chickening out a little).

I guess SMI composites makes these

Attachments

• 173E2A7A-12C8-45B6-8C3A-6773E85E6271.jpeg
    173E2A7A-12C8-45B6-8C3A-6773E85E6271.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 142
  • 9EB20DD5-3D93-4198-88D4-6BA4AF1FF792.jpeg
    9EB20DD5-3D93-4198-88D4-6BA4AF1FF792.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 138
  • 0F52AFE7-107F-4F23-B64C-554C2FB60E2C.jpeg
    0F52AFE7-107F-4F23-B64C-554C2FB60E2C.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 127
  • FE660CC2-258A-490C-87EA-BD008D4E0E77.jpeg
    FE660CC2-258A-490C-87EA-BD008D4E0E77.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 126
  • 061875DB-8D73-4709-A124-A6730FEFA451.jpeg
    061875DB-8D73-4709-A124-A6730FEFA451.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 124
  • E6106C26-6DAF-4EB6-8CC1-B218FDF71D60.jpeg
    E6106C26-6DAF-4EB6-8CC1-B218FDF71D60.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 128
  • CA41E307-7976-4078-ADFC-ED8B423503B3.jpeg
    CA41E307-7976-4078-ADFC-ED8B423503B3.jpeg
    675.4 KB · Views: 144
Last edited:
Okay picked up the spoiler from the dealer.

Looks great. Very light as expected, weighs just 2.3 pounds on my scale.

Now off to the detailer to get it wrapped. It comes with the bolts already attached and double sided tape on the other edges. It also comes with a template to put on the deck lid. I’ll talk to my detailer, maybe I’ll just have them mount it (chickening out a little).

I guess SMI composites makes these
I already got the notification that mine is en route to the dealership. Kinda strange that they're so easy to get now, but CF1 is still on constraint.

I bet these are the ones originally held for CF1 cars in case of damage but GM then realized that really the only part that is at risk is the splitter. So they probably had several CF1 sets and all the splitters got used and the spoilers were left over, so they might as well sell them.

I would say unless you are super set on getting the splitter to just drop CF1 to get your allocation and order the spoiler. I can’t imagine there is an abundance of these. I think they are cleaning out their supply of spoilers orphaned when their splitter sibling got called and once they are gone they are gone for a while.

Last edited:
I bet these are the ones originally held for CF1 cars in case of damage but GM then realized that really the only part that is at risk is the splitter. So they probably had several CF1 sets and all the splitters got used and the spoilers were left over, so they might as well sell them.

I would say unless you are super set on getting the splitter to just drop CF1 to get your allocation and order the spoiler. I can’t imagine there is an abundance of these. I think they are cleaning out their supply of spoilers orphaned when their splitter sibling got called and once they are gone they are gone for a while.
Def think you're right. A bunch of front splitters get damaged and need replaced, so that makes rears available for sale after the fact. CF1 would still be on constraints bc of the lack of the front piece, not the rear.

Well it’s on and PPFed. I chickened out and had the detailer install it after PPF. I’m usually not a carbon fiber everything guy like you’d find in the BMW forums but this spoiler really looks great on the car. The weave is very obvious and glistens in the sun beautifully.

With the rear view mirror camera you cannot see the spoiler. With the normal mirror you can just catch the top lip of carbon fiber flashing back at you with the V in the carbon fiber. I find myself keeping the mirror in mirror mode just to see it.

Took the car for some high speed cornering to see if it made any difference. Man I have to say I was blown away. At higher speeds now the rear end is so much more planted and secure. Feels like a totally different car with all the downforce. I’m taking corners with much more confidence now.

Just kidding, there’s no difference in how it drives, but given how good it looks I don’t really care.
This is going to be a problem cause now I want the other CF pieces.

Attachments

• DAAC2679-EAA0-4DFB-9250-5E3FACC23BD6.jpeg
    DAAC2679-EAA0-4DFB-9250-5E3FACC23BD6.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 124
  • EE7DEFE2-7384-478B-809F-5C30FA5595BE.jpeg
    EE7DEFE2-7384-478B-809F-5C30FA5595BE.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 122
Well it’s on and PPFed. I chickened out and had the detailer install it after PPF. I’m usually not a carbon fiber everything guy like you’d find in the BMW forums but this spoiler really looks great on the car. The weave is very obvious and glistens in the sun beautifully.

With the rear view mirror camera you cannot see the spoiler. With the normal mirror you can just catch the top lip of carbon fiber flashing back at you with the V in the carbon fiber. I find myself keeping the mirror in mirror mode just to see it.

Took the car for some high speed cornering to see if it made any difference. Man I have to say I was blown away. At higher speeds now the rear end is so much more planted and secure. Feels like a totally different car with all the downforce. I’m taking corners with much more confidence now.

Just kidding, there’s no difference in how it drives, but given how good it looks I don’t really care.
This is going to be a problem cause now I want the other CF pieces.
Looks good !!! I just ordered the spoiler for my 4 on Wednesday and it shipped today. It appears carbon fiber is available every place except the factory o_O

I just came across this while looking for some all weather floor mats. If they actually have any available, this is a deal. They are a reputible parts supplier. I have bought numerous GM items from them in the past for my Stingray and Z06. Just thought I'd share it....

1659649558403.png

Last edited:
I just came across this while looking for some all weather floor mats. If they actually have any available, this is a deal. They are a reputible parts supplier. I have bought numerous GM items from them in the past for my Stingray and Z06. Just thought I'd share it....View attachment 11273
I've used them and 95% of the time, the pricing has been very good.

I just came across this while looking for some all weather floor mats. If they actually have any available, this is a deal. They are a reputible parts supplier. I have bought numerous GM items from them in the past for my Stingray and Z06. Just thought I'd share it....

View attachment 11273
Like pretty much all of the legitimate online GM parts retailers, this is another dealer that has a separate website. It's Nimnicht Chevrolet in Jacksonville.

Well, I guess I pulled the trigger too early on this because now there is a 15% discount instead of 10% on accessories.cadillac.com using code 22exterior15.

With the incentives and the 15% discount it would come out to like 3200 something dollars before tax.

I got my rear CF wing....do you guys have an idea of how much ppf and ceramic would cost just for the wing? I was quoted $525

I was charged 350 for just PPF. Doing my own ceramic. I had the detailer install the wing for me so end cost was 700. That's more than the dealer would have charged for installation however I trust my detailer alot more (they never drive the car a single mile, super careful with the car, also the decklid is PPFed so they know how to drill holes without messing up the PPF etc)

I was charged 350 for just PPF. Doing my own ceramic. I had the detailer install the wing for me so end cost was 700. That's more than the dealer would have charged for installation however I trust my detailer alot more (they never drive the car a single mile, super careful with the car, also the decklid is PPFed so they know how to drill holes without messing up the PPF etc)
Need to drill two holes at the edges of the trunk lid right? Since the CF wing is longer? Does it come with a template?

Need to drill two holes at the edges of the trunk lid right? Since the CF wing is longer? Does it come with a template?

Yes. It comes with a paper template. You are supposed to use a punch first and then use progressively wider drills to drill it. You also have to remove the trunk liner first. The accessories.cadillac.com website has a 20 page instruction pdf on how to install it. Supposedly to remove the existing spoiler you are to use a hairdryer and fishing line. However there is a catch that the existing spoiler has 3 pegs that go into the existing screw holes in the trunk lid that doesn't let the fishing line go all the way across, so the detailer said it was some work to get it off without pulling off all the PPF.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back