Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Carbon Fiber Front Lip Installation 5BW

I have both the CF front splitter and deflectors sitting around. Haven't installed since I'm worried about scrapping it on everything. I'm curious to know from you how much more the CF 1 scrapes vs the plastic one around the same streets, driveways etc.

Maybe I'll install it over the winter.

No, the rear spoiler on my 5BW was replaced because it had a bad spot in the carbon fiber.... ( Cosmetic )
Was it like a haze? I have a spot on my interior driver door trim cf that I need to tell my dealer about.

Was it like a haze? I have a spot on my interior driver door trim cf that I need to tell my dealer about.
No it was like the carbon fiber did not come together evenly, hard to explain... Hell, my service advisor pointed it out to me and told me he already had the part ordered..... This was early on, like Aug of 21 and it took about 8 weeks for it to come in....

On my 4 I had to have the driver side canard replaced because it had a haze on it.. Sewell really took care of me with these issues... #fanboy

I have both the CF front splitter and deflectors sitting around. Haven't installed since I'm worried about scrapping it on everything. I'm curious to know from you how much more the CF 1 scrapes vs the plastic one around the same streets, driveways etc.

Maybe I'll install it over the winter.
I have not had this issue with the 5BW yet. But I'm super careful and take some driveways, etc. at a slow angle.

I have not had this issue with the 5BW yet. But I'm super careful and take some driveways, etc. at a slow angle.
I can’t tell from the picture you posted, but did you add the cabron fiber trim right above the front grill? If you did where at? Im also interested in adding the CF pieces

I can’t tell from the picture you posted, but did you add the cabron fiber trim right above the front grill? If you did where at? Im also interested in adding the CF pieces
I purchased this 5BW from the original owner. The top area right above the grill is a carbon fiber wrap. It actually looks really good. If I replace this piece, it will definitely be the last part that is done.

I purchased this 5BW from the original owner. The top area right above the grill is a carbon fiber wrap. It actually looks really good. If I replace this piece, it will definitely be the last part that is done.
It would be the first for me. Since it’s the cheapest 😂. Front splitter looks great. I’m just scared it’ll scrape my drive way. Plus my BW is black. Not sure how noticeable the CB would look

Yes, I bought one box which has 8 strips. I only used two of them. One under the center of the splitter and I cut one in half and used each half under the splitter scallop where it comes closer to the ground. My CF splitter has 5.5 inches of ground clearance in the center and 5 inches where the splitter jogs down a bit. Those were the two places I used them. Also the bottom of our CF splitter is only 3/4 of an inch deep and these are bit deeper than that so I just trimmed them with a scissors to 5/8th of an inch to make them fit properly.

Attachments

• CF Deflectors.jpg
    CF Deflectors.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 99
So checked site, not very specific about them.
Fender extension 84618177
Fender extension 84618178 no description of left and right. $622.15 and $578.74 respectively.
Spoiler package 84331245 $1369.29.
No illustrations or actual description.
Gonna have to think long and hard about that.:unsure:
Think I'm going with Kong Performance about porting my blower manifold first.:_rock

I'm sorry I don't have any installation pictures, not good by me. It was quite a mission. The bottom facia has to be completely View attachment 13634taken apart to properly take the stock lip off and install the new cf piece. It was a two-hour job, but well worth the time and effort. I would think that this install is very similar, if not exactly like the install on the 4BW.
Looks great, double take and I see you placed your Vee Badge on the lower door, looks like the 4BWs? Hmmm, Deception in the works! LOL!!!! Congrats, looks like factory.

So checked site, not very specific about them.
Fender extension 84618177
Fender extension 84618178 no description of left and right. $622.15 and $578.74 respectively.
Spoiler package 84331245 $1369.29.
No illustrations or actual description.
Gonna have to think long and hard about that.:unsure:
Think I'm going with Kong Performance about porting my blower manifold first.:_rock

Think recently they posted a test run on the Dyno with 660HP at the wheels and it sounded great! Stock pulleys, just port your charger and bolt it back on. Instant HP!

Last edited:

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners