Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V Car has been produced.

CT5-V Model
As I get older, I'm really appreciating the sentiment of the phrase, "ignorance is bliss". More often than not, life is more livable if you're not constantly peaking behind the curtain. The world can be overwhelming if you consume too much of it.

With that said, I love the tracker thread and the details about my car. My main quibble is the lack of information regarding the MP and DELAYED cars. I remain mostly content with the knowledge that my car is built and I look forward to thawing her frozen bits with some microfiber towels fresh from the dryer..."you're safe now, you'll never see snow again in your life...let's hug it out".

I am still patiently waiting for my 22 BW, yes I know it’s December but it’s definitely worth the wait. There’s some folks out there’s that walked away because they got tired of waiting…it’s their loss in my opinion. It is frustrating but the reward is greater…plus I’m getting my CT5 Blackwing a lot cheaper than anyone here I think lol. Cheers 🍻

I spoke with my sales representative just now, and he emailed me the window sticker. After seeing the sticker, I admit I’m getting excited. He explained that the Blackwings are not shipped in the same manner as regular cars, so there is probably no way it would be shipped until after the holidays. I guess part 1 of the rodeo is over, so on to part 2.

My sales manager told me last week that they no longer give customers updates on the status of their cars, for that very reason.
Now that sounds totally like GM's jam.
Can we maybe look to improve some processes here? Nah...

Fran Healy Whatever GIF by Travis

I'm know I'm a downer but I've lost alot of that enthusiasm after months of disappointment. I really don't feel like I'm in the club either until I actually have a car. Hell I've never driven one so I don't even know what I signed on for.
Here is the problem. You DO know. . . you just don't KNOW yet.
Animated GIF

I have never understood all the angst, especially for anyone who is a member here. You all know the deal. Honestly, and this assholeish remark is directed at nobody in particular, I find it quite comical to see how frustrated people get. I guess I applaud those w more perfect lives that don't have other much more serious issues to deal with. I waited my 14 months and never cared. Never hounded my dealer, never called one of these shipping companies. I'm grateful to God I was able to get one, and way more grateful to be blessed enough to afford one. But had it not happened, I would have been A-OK.

As a caring human, I do hope everyone living on the edge gets their car as fast as possible.

I placed my order in February 2022 and I would likely still be waiting as well had my sales guy not called me in June with an unexpected incoming show car. I did go to visit him about once a month to chat and get to know him. There is no way of knowing if this relationship building had anything to do with him calling me first, but it could not hurt, unless a person is an asshole and then they may never get a car.

Long story short I had to go down to the dealer the next day and sign the papers and give them a bunch of cash, get my loan sorted out, etc, etc. It was a real pain in the ass day but it's all but a distant memory now.

I have never understood all the angst, especially for anyone who is a member here. You all know the deal. Honestly, and this assholeish remark is directed at nobody in particular, I find it quite comical to see how frustrated people get.
I can only aspire to reach somewhere close to the level of awesomeness that you possess!

I can only aspire to reach somewhere close to the level of awesomeness that you possess!
Like I summarized, I sincerely hope you get your car asap. I have plenty of problems, waiting for a material possession is thankfully not one of them.

@668LT4 At a minimum, I think you're being presumptuous about where our BW's rank on our list of life "problems".
I can speak for me, any complaining I'm doing is just how my excitement manifests itself here, with folks that (mostly) empathize with us.

You know very little about our lives outside of what has been shared on this forum, so maybe dial back the self-righteous lecture from the smug drivers seat of your BW a little?

@668LT4 At a minimum, I think you're being presumptuous about where our BW's rank on our list of life "problems".
I can speak for me, any complaining I'm doing is just how my excitement manifests itself here, with folks that (mostly) empathize with us.

You know very little about our lives outside of what has been shared on this forum, so maybe dial back the self-righteous lecture from the smug drivers seat of your BW a little?
You betcha Bawden. Hope your car arrives soon. I also hope your wait and argents and all others are less than 14 months.

...Nor do I know what's going on in your life, so if you happen to be dealing with some shit, then I hope it passes soon.

In the big picture your sentiment is spot on, waiting for a BW is near the top of the list of 1st world problems.

...Nor do I know what's going on in your life, so if you happen to be dealing with some shit, then I hope it passes soon.

In the big picture your sentiment is spot on, waiting for a BW is near the top of the list of 1st world problems.
I appreciate your kind words.

I re-read my post, I don't see it as condescending. Regardless, I have sincere hopes for those waiting, and I wish the process were not so frustrating for those who find it so.

I re-read my post, I don't see it as condescending. Regardless, I have sincere hopes for those waiting, and I wish the process were not so frustrating for those who find it so.
Of course not

Getting frustrated and being at peace are both valid feelings and seem very real to the person with the feelings. Everyone’s situation is different, but I don’t think I would wait 14 months. I’m a can do person and give it my best shot to make it happen. But if circumstances don’t allow for that, I drop it and move on.

I waited one year for a western gun belt rig that I finally received in November. That’s pretty typical for custom leatherwork and had nothing to do with the pandemic or supply chain. If I know it’s going to be one year I have no problem with that.

The crazy part about these cars is nobody has any idea what they’re doing. If I didn’t know better I’d call it incompetence which I don’t have much tolerance for. I don’t deal with incompetent people and move away from them.

Let's get this straight this is absolutely a want and not a need. We could all get through life without a Blackwing but, it sure is better with one.
Everyone here it seems comes to terms with the wait. It is the lack of communication during that wait that is the cause of concern.
It is a major purchase and financial commitment. The least you could do is fluff me while I'm waiting to throw $100k at you.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back