Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Can I get your opinions on my front rotors

Are the PowerStop pads noisy? What is their stopping power as compared to the OEM Brembos?
The PowerStop pads are quiet and to me have the same feel as stock on the street. I haven’t tracked them. The PowerStop pads dust a lot less than OEM.

I have the PowerStop pads and I'm incredibly happy with them. 95% lower dust, for sure. I can't tell any discernible difference from a noise standpoint. They seem to have a little bit less initial bite, but still very comparable if not identical overall stopping power. It's actually probably better from a driveability standpoint for a street car since brake application feels smoother.

I haven't tracked them, so I can't comment there.

I have the PowerStop pads and I'm incredibly happy with them. 95% lower dust, for sure. I can't tell any discernible difference from a noise standpoint. They seem to have a little bit less initial bite, but still very comparable if not identical overall stopping power. It's actually probably better from a driveability standpoint for a street car since brake application feels smoother.

I haven't tracked them, so I can't comment there.
Where did you buy them from and what part number are they?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231117_221346_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20231117_221346_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    281.6 KB · Views: 61
Just brought my car in with 13k miles for significant vibration under light braking at highway speeds. They told me my front rotors were warped and that I’ll need new ones, but it will be covered from the warranty.

Admittedly, I’m hesitant to own this car outside of a full bumper to bumper warranty. There just seems to be so many things, big or small, that can go sideways.

Greetings forum members.

This is my 9 month status update.
Total Miles - 16K
Track Days on current rotors - 25
Track Days on EBC pads - 20
Track Hours - 40-43
Tires - 5th set of front tires - Michellin Pilot Sport 4S TPC.

Original front rotors are showing signs of heat cracking, it is time to change them out. Pads are about 50% done, so they will be changed out with the rotors. I will probably go with the Giro Disc. Rear Rotors and Pads are good.

I am very happy with the EBC pad versus the stock pads. The OEM pads lasted 5 days and were down to the sensor. These pads created the vibration we have been discussing in this posting. And yes, 2 dealers told me that I had warped rotors. The problem was fixed after using the EBC pads on the track.

EBC pad report:
Positive: The problem with vibration, shaking under braking went away with the EBC pads and did not come back.
Positive: A documented shorter braking distance at high speeds, probably for medium speeds as well.
Positive: Quicker bite upon applying brake pressure than the stock pads. Although, some people might not like this.
Positive: They have lasted much longer than the stock pads.
Negative: Much more dust and occasional break squealing.

Overall Rating: These are great brake pads for heavy track use, but most Cadillac V-Series owners will not like them.
My use case is much different than most V-Series owners. At least 50% of the miles on this vehicle have been driving to and from tracks and on HPDE track days, rather than as a daily driver. As an example, 2 VIR track weekends with 1300 miles per weekend.

Yes, I need to get a trailer and stop driving the car to the tracks.

You ae fortunate that GM covered the parts.

I am waiting to hear back from the dealer whether they will cover the rotors under warranty. Pads are wear items. But rotors apparently fall under a different category.

These are mine, I think you are fine. They can't resurface them, and if I have 27k miles on mine, and they aren't cracked or your depth is still in range, I wouldn't worry about it. If you have noise that's normal. To get rid of it I'd recommend a few hard stops from 60mph or so. I had some noise, did a track day and noise went away again.

Attachments

• 20240412_002538396_iOS.jpg
    20240412_002538396_iOS.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 9
  • 20240412_002716948_iOS.jpg
    20240412_002716948_iOS.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 10
2022 ct5 bw 9.5k warped rotors and every 3-4k warped. On 4th set of rotors no pads replaced. The dealership said it’s the stock wheels are powder coated is why they warp. Went to another dealership looked it over said bring to us when it’s warped again.

2022 ct5 bw 9.5k warped rotors and every 3-4k warped. On 4th set of rotors no pads replaced. The dealership said it’s the stock wheels are powder coated is why they warp. Went to another dealership looked it over said bring to us when it’s warped again.
That's insane, I'd of talked to cadillac exec and maybe brembo as these definitely aren't supposed to warp. How much warp did you have on them?

That's insane, I'd of talked to cadillac exec and maybe brembo as these definitely aren't supposed to warp. How much warp did you have on them?
1st page of thread has dealership paperwork attached. Not sure about the 2 other sets.

Greetings forum members.

This is my 9 month status update.
Total Miles - 16K
Track Days on current rotors - 25
Track Days on EBC pads - 20
Track Hours - 40-43
Tires - 5th set of front tires - Michellin Pilot Sport 4S TPC.

Original front rotors are showing signs of heat cracking, it is time to change them out. Pads are about 50% done, so they will be changed out with the rotors. I will probably go with the Giro Disc. Rear Rotors and Pads are good.

I am very happy with the EBC pad versus the stock pads. The OEM pads lasted 5 days and were down to the sensor. These pads created the vibration we have been discussing in this posting. And yes, 2 dealers told me that I had warped rotors. The problem was fixed after using the EBC pads on the track.

EBC pad report:
Positive: The problem with vibration, shaking under braking went away with the EBC pads and did not come back.
Positive: A documented shorter braking distance at high speeds, probably for medium speeds as well.
Positive: Quicker bite upon applying brake pressure than the stock pads. Although, some people might not like this.
Positive: They have lasted much longer than the stock pads.
Negative: Much more dust and occasional break squealing.

Overall Rating: These are great brake pads for heavy track use, but most Cadillac V-Series owners will not like them.
My use case is much different than most V-Series owners. At least 50% of the miles on this vehicle have been driving to and from tracks and on HPDE track days, rather than as a daily driver. As an example, 2 VIR track weekends with 1300 miles per weekend.

Yes, I need to get a trailer and stop driving the car to the tracks.
Those are the SR11 sintered pads, right?

That's insane. Have you had any other problems with the car?
Does the post from Caddyfan669 make any sense? No track time and he is on the 4th set of rotors? I know people have stated that they got over 60k miles on the rotors on their ATS-Vs.

Does the post from Caddyfan669 make any sense? No track time and he is on the 4th set of rotors? I know people have stated that they got over 60k miles on the rotors on their ATS-Vs.
It's wild for sure. My front rotors were warped after 13k miles, which was crazy considering I haven't done any track days or autox.

It's wild for sure. My front rotors were warped after 13k miles, which was crazy considering I haven't done any track days or autox.
How do you know they were warped? Did the service department actually measure them with a tool? Was the replacement of the rotors covered by your warranty? I assume you experienced a vibration when braking.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back