Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Cadillac Announces Price Increase for 2023 CT4 and CT5

Rob

Administrator
Staff member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
Not Yet!
FYI:

Cadillac is announcing revised prices effective for vehicles produced on or after July 11, 2022. This revision affects base model prices for 2023 MY CT4, CT5 and Escalade/Escalade ESV.

Retail sold order price protection eligibility dates are dictated by the customer and dealer order dates as follows:

-Customer order date must be prior to the date of the price increase.

-GM systems order date (date dealer enters in GM system) must be no more than one workday after date of the price increase.

These units will be invoiced at prices in effect at the date of production; however, the dealer open account will automatically be credited for the price increase once the unit has been delivered.

Attachments

• 2023-cadillac-ct4-pricing-july-11.pdf
    472.9 KB · Views: 230
  • 2023-cadillac-ct5-pricing-july-11.pdf
    481.8 KB · Views: 247
FYI:

-GM systems order date (date dealer enters in GM system) must be no more than one workday after date of the price increase.

These units will be invoiced at prices in effect at the date of production; however, the dealer open account will automatically be credited for the price increase once the unit has been delivered.
Sounds like those who have an order but are at a dealer that likes to wait to input their orders need to get on their dealers today and request they put the order into the system

FYI:

Cadillac is announcing revised prices effective for vehicles produced on or after July 11, 2022. This revision affects base model prices for 2023 MY CT4, CT5 and Escalade/Escalade ESV.

Retail sold order price protection eligibility dates are dictated by the customer and dealer order dates as follows:

Thanks for the information. It appears I may be of luck and would receive this credit since order was placed in May.

So if my order has been in since May, I will get the '22 pricing? Also, i see the seat options with and without carbon backs, but they have the same option code, how do you order the ones without the carbon?

FYI:

@Rob I'm a bit slow on the uptake here, there are a few statements that seem to conflict with one another. The 'customer order date has to be prior to July 11th' for 2022 price protection for sold orders. I take it that means one had/has to be at 2000 status or higher prior to the 12th. Seems to indicate there is NO price protection on stock orders.

But then the next sentence indicates that there is still time for dealers to secure that price protection for their sold customers by getting orders in the system no later than the 12th.

The last sentence seems to indicate that irrespective of the order date, units manufactured on or after July 11th will be invoiced at the new price, but the dealer receives a credit from GM for the difference between the protected price to the customer and the invoice price to the dealer after delivery.

I read contracts all day for a living so the wording often gets to me. Did I understand it right or did I miss something?

Last edited:
I don't see how anyone can get 22 pricing on a 23. Pricing was increased at the beginning of 23 ordering, was it not?

I don't see how anyone can get 22 pricing on a 23. Pricing was increased at the beginning of 23 ordering, was it not?
You're likely right but there is some ambiguity in having an order in before pricing is even available to dealers and well before it's offically announced. Bear in mind that most people with accepted orders for 23 model year cars tried to get 22s that were never picked up. Waiting a year for a BW5 and not getting a car then paying 7k more for the same car on top of that wait kinda sucks. I'm in that boat with an accepted 23 BW5 order. Whether GM price protects that order or it has a technicality in price protection that doesn't extent to crossed over model years seems a bit arbitrary on a car that isn't new or refereshed for 23 given that the order was in before pricing was out. In normal times most carryover models had no or neglible change in MSRP. 7k is material even in the current environment. Either way I'm getting my car but it would instill some brand loyalty to have the manufacturer do me a solid and price protect my order rather than shaft me for an extra 7k. One would have expected prices to gradually rise over the 2022 model year if cost escalation demanded it rather than a 7k price hike in one shot on the new model year.

You are not price protected going from model year to model year. If you have/had a 2022 build sitting in the system that was not accepted by GM - you don't automatically get price protection when you place an order for a 2023.

In order to get price protection, the dealer needs to place the order in the system where it will sit at status code 1100 until it's paired with an allocation spot. I don't remember the specifics, but the order must be placed and in the system within 24 hours of the date specified in the announcement.

You are not price protected going from model year to model year. If you have/had a 2022 build sitting in the system that was not accepted by GM - you don't automatically get price protection when you place an order for a 2023.

In order to get price protection, the dealer needs to place the order in the system where it will sit at status code 1100 until it's paired with an allocation spot. I don't remember the specifics, but the order must be placed and in the system within 24 hours of the date specified in the announcement.
@Rob sorry just want to better understand your response. I have an order for a 2023 BW5 at status 3000 right now with TPW 7/25. Since 2023 pricing was officially just announced, will this order be at 2022 or 2023 pricing?

@Rob sorry just want to better understand your response. I have an order for a 2023 BW5 at status 3000 right now with TPW 7/25. Since 2023 pricing was officially just announced, will this order be at 2022 or 2023 pricing?
It will not be at 2022 pricing

I'm in the same boat as you. I also deal with contracts, etc., and based off of the verbiage on here I would think that anyone that placed an order and was "picked-up", via allocation, prior to the release of the new pricing would be eligible for the MY22 price. It only makes sense, right? Then again, in this world, who knows....

But a 23 my is not a 22 my. The price protection will protect your 23 order from getting its price raised in the future between your order being put in the system and your car getting delivered... which unfortunately can be many many months (e.g. I think Corvette also increased their prices mid-year... so you'd be protected from that)

But a 23 my is not a 22 my. The price protection will protect your 23 order from getting its price raised in the future between your order being put in the system and your car getting delivered... which unfortunately can be many many months (e.g. I think Corvette also increased their prices mid-year... so you'd be protected from that)
Indeed a 23 is not a 22 but it is ostensibly the same car for a lot more $$$. It would be more palatable if I hadn't been waiting so long or if a 23 had substantive changes over my 22. The whole point of price protection is to prevent people who wait for a car from experiencing a price hike.

My 23 order was in before Dustin shared pricing here and at that stage dealers were messaging to expect a few hundred dollar to a 1k price hike. At the end of the day, I still want the car but a 7k base price hike along with the $400 increase in delivery fees and the lovely 10% or so first year tax and registration/use fees in the great state of CA just made my out the door price more than $8k higher. Isn't that what price protection is supposed to prevent??

On the other hand, the fact that Cadillac didn't announce a lower price first that would have price protected existing orders rolled over to MY23, but instead made a huge price bump implies that production figures for these cars are already pre-determined at levels where demand will outstrip supply for the full run. GM likely doesn't care if people drop orders because there won't be enough BW5 to fulfill the demand, which is a shocking thought with CA gas at near $7 per gallon.

An almost $2K hit for the 4BW is close to what I expected, but the Carbon Fiber 1 and 2 at nearly 10K now don't seem to be as good a value at the new prices. I was holding out for Carbon 1 but think I can live without or find something more pleasing aftermarket.

Indeed a 23 is not a 22 but it is ostensibly the same car for a lot more $$$. It would be more palatable if I hadn't been waiting so long or if a 23 had substantive changes over my 22. The whole point of price protection is to prevent people who wait for a car from experiencing a price hike.

My 23 order was in before Dustin shared pricing here and at that stage dealers were messaging to expect a few hundred dollar to a 1k price hike. At the end of the day, I still want the car but a 7k base price hike along with the $400 increase in delivery fees and the lovely 10% or so first year tax and registration/use fees in the great state of CA just made my out the door price more than $8k higher. Isn't that what price protection is supposed to prevent??

On the other hand, the fact that Cadillac didn't announce a lower price first that would have price protected existing orders rolled over to MY23, but instead made a huge price bump implies that production figures for these cars are already pre-determined at levels where demand will outstrip supply for the full run. GM likely doesn't care if people drop orders because there won't be enough BW5 to fulfill the demand, which is a shocking thought with CA gas at near $7 per gallon.
1) I feel your pain and that sucks.
2) whoa... slow your roll. That reply was not intended to set you off or be snarky. Sorry if you took it as such. There just seem to be a lot of questions about this policy... so I wanted to be short/concise (unlike my typical bloviated mess). I'm pretty sure that this price protection was also previously announced for the 22's... so I'm also pretty sure it was stated months ago that it would be for that model year and not carry over (eg price protection of a 22 would be for the 22 my)... which is what I based my answer on. Furthermore (conjecture to follow)...so it wasn't a bait & switch...as in I don't think that they are purposefully limiting production. Although they may have realized due to ongoing/ new constraints that they will have trouble filling all of their orders again and have adjusted pricing accordingly for 2 years worth of highly sought out cars that they cannot produce/deliver/...get paid for (and still may have to answer to those pesky stock holders?)
4) inflation may have hit them too (COGS, labor,...)
5) some changes like supercruise for an a10?
6) I still feel your pain and would be frustrated as well.
7) did I say it's a sucky situation and I'm bummed for you?

2) whoa... slow your roll. That reply was not intended to set you off or be snarky. Sorry if you took it as such. There just seem to be a lot of questions about this policy... so I wanted to be short/concise (unlike my typical bloviated mess). I'm pretty sure that this price protection was also previously announced for the 22's... so I'm also pretty sure it was stated months ago that it would be for that model year and not carry over (eg price protection of a 22 would be for the 22 my)... which is what I based my answer on. Furthermore (conjecture to follow)...so it wasn't a bait & switch...as in I don't think that they are purposefully limiting production. Although they may have realized due to ongoing/ new constraints that they will have trouble filling all of their orders again and have adjusted pricing accordingly for 2 years worth of highly sought out cars that they cannot produce/deliver/...get paid for (and still may have to answer to those pesky stock holders?)
For what it's worth, I didn't take any of your comments as snarky, nor am I in the least upset by them or anyone who may have a different opinion on anything I've said. I agree that inflation has to some degree taken a toll and also agree that shareholder value is also a part (and likey a bigger part) of the puzzle. Most of the Cadillac line has seen around a 2% increase in base MSRP from 22' to 23' while the BW5 went up 8%. That excess increase in my view is a targeted one based on supply and demand for this car specifically.

Either way, I still value the car more than the $$ being asked for it and I think most people with open orders will arrive at the same conclusion. It just sucks to be paying more simply because my allocation came in for a 23 instead of a 22. The fact that price protection is being advertised by GM, this price increase was material and outsized relative to the rest of the model line up, that it was more than dealers were messaging they thought we would see before pricing was announced, all makes it suck more because that price protection also doesn't apply here. That was the message I was trying to convey and certainly not one of frustration with you. For a frustration with you, I would have just typed an expletive laden response or prayed to the goats to lay excrement on the route you commute on instead... Just kidding on that part.

Seriously though I do appreciate your reply.

8) did you notice I skipped 3)?

Seeing how they increased the 5BW makes me scared for the C8 Z06 lol base on the C8 only went up $2300 but it's also not limited production run compared to the BW duo. The Z06 should be limited like the BW duo though and demand is already through the roof. I wouldn't be surprised to see it start in the triple digits, unfortunately

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back