Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

BW5 Base seats

malakas

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
CT5V Blackwing
Did anyone look at (and actually sit in) both base and upgraded seats and decide to go with base seats on comfort? Aesthetically, the upgraded seats are much nicer (my favorite look is the mid tier sky cool gray). I would get those if I planned to track my car. However, the bolsters are much larger than what is necessary/ideal for street use. Also, while the bolsters are adjustable, I found them somewhat constricting and also thought they interfered with ingress and egress. I'm strongly considering ordering the base seat as I sat in a CT5v and found those seats to be more comfortable. I just wish the base interior were offered in a two tone or a color other than black.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
I know how you feel. Sat in both and felt the standard seats were more comfortable and would be more livable for daily driving. I will not be tracking the car and the seat bottom side bolsters are just to aggressive for my tastes. I also worry that over time they will wear down from less than nimble passengers sliding / crushing them. I do wish they would offer the base interior in more colors than black.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back