Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

For those with base seats…

Super Saloon

Seasoned Member
How do you like them? How do they perform on track? Do you wish you had the upgraded seats? Anyone who has had both that can comment on the differences I would appreciate your feedback. I’m shopping for a 4 BW and found one I like but it has the base seats. This car will primarily be a DD but I may take it to the track later on down the road. I initially did not like the base seats and was only considering the upgraded seats (based on photos only). I think the upgraded seats put the interior on a different level, but I found the base seats very comfortable when I sat in them. My opinion of the base seats is starting to change a bit and part of me appreciates the understated look and less busy interior, but I’m not sure if that’s just my desire and impatience to get into a BW convincing me on something I may not really want. Part of me wonders if I get the base seats will I constantly be wondering/desiring the upgraded seats. I have driven three BW’s now, two had the mid tier seats and one had the base. I enjoyed the overall experience with the base seats the most, but part of that could be it was the only new one I drove. Appreciate any feedback anyone has.

I have a 5BW and I have the base seats. Like yourself I wanted to have the upgraded performance bucket seats as well but my hard wants (I wanted a summit white + Ceramics) left me with giving up all other options.

The 5bw base seats are very comfortable and the only thing I wonder about the performance buckets is if the seating position is lower. Other than that, I would have thought the looks would bother me but it really doesn't.

The seats don't really hold you in place that well in the 'twisties' but for me, that's ok. If I'm taking this car to the track, I would change the seats out to real buckets anyways but I don't plan to track the vehicle.

I have a 4BW with base seats and have taken it on track. My car is also my DD and the base seats I find extremely comfortable. I didnt have any issues on track once I adjusted the side bolstering.

My buddy got a 4BW with mid-tier seats and the leg bolstering is a little taller, but the seats themselves feel much more firm. He drove my car on track before he bought one and I dont believe had any issues. Hes much taller than I am and says with his car, the leg bolstering rubs the side of his quad.

Another difference in seats, the base seats have the leg extender section and the mid tier does not.

I have the base seats in the 5BW and I love them. I sat in the mid tier seats and they weren't nearly as comfortable. If I was tracking the car on a regular basis than yes I probably would get the mid tier seats. That said It looks as though the base seats hold up better to wear as well. I've seen those side bolsters get worn pretty well on a car at a show

How do you like them? How do they perform on track? Do you wish you had the upgraded seats? Anyone who has had both that can comment on the differences I would appreciate your feedback. I’m shopping for a 4 BW and found one I like but it has the base seats. This car will primarily be a DD but I may take it to the track later on down the road. I initially did not like the base seats and was only considering the upgraded seats (based on photos only). I think the upgraded seats put the interior on a different level, but I found the base seats very comfortable when I sat in them. My opinion of the base seats is starting to change a bit and part of me appreciates the understated look and less busy interior, but I’m not sure if that’s just my desire and impatience to get into a BW convincing me on something I may not really want. Part of me wonders if I get the base seats will I constantly be wondering/desiring the upgraded seats. I have driven three BW’s now, two had the mid tier seats and one had the base. I enjoyed the overall experience with the base seats the most, but part of that could be it was the only new one I drove. Appreciate any feedback anyone has.
I tested out all the three seats before purchasing and went with the base seats and have no regrets. I agree that the base seats don't look as cool as the sport bucket seats but are noticeably more comfortable than the others and you can save quite a bit of money. Figure $3k more for the mid tier and $5.5k for the top tier. The mid-tier only include front seats so they don't exactly match the rear. If you get black seats in the top tier you lose the cool look of the upgraded interior. So, IMO it only makes sense to get the top tier if you want the two-tone tan or gray or you just really want the seat ventilation.

I was coming from a ZL1 with deeply bolstered Recaro seats and while they definitely hold you in place dealing with the thigh bolstering when getting in and out of the car gets old pretty quick. That said, if you plan to track the car quite a bit I would probably spring for the mid-tier seats. If you only track the car once in a while and value comfort with pretty decent side bolstering then go with the base seats.

I have a 4BW with base seats and have taken it on track. My car is also my DD and the base seats I find extremely comfortable. I didnt have any issues on track once I adjusted the side bolstering.

My buddy got a 4BW with mid-tier seats and the leg bolstering is a little taller, but the seats themselves feel much more firm. He drove my car on track before he bought one and I dont believe had any issues. Hes much taller than I am and says with his car, the leg bolstering rubs the side of his quad.

Another difference in seats, the base seats have the leg extender section and the mid tier does not.
the 4bw base seats have adjustable side bolsters? thats cool!

the 4bw base seats have adjustable side bolsters? thats cool!
Yeah, side bolsters and lumbar are electronically adjustable on 4BW base seats. They also have that thigh extension piece you can extend out. I don't use it but some may like it.

Living in Florida I like the ventilated feature of the top tier seats but not for $5,500 more and less comfort.

Last edited:
I have the base seats and they are very comfortable. I sat in the performance seats and the seat bolsters were very uncomfortable which is a shame because the performance seats in both of my ATS Vs were fantastic. BMW M3 seats are horrible. I just wish I had leather. I like the smell of leather and I miss it.

I cast my vote for the "base seats are preferable" position. I have a 5BW with the base seats (which are actually a decent upgrade on lower CT5 trim levels, from what I understand), and love them. I've also sat in the 4BW upgraded seats and did not like them at all. Way too narrow across the thigh, and didn't have an adjustment that I could see. Just not comfortable for a daily. Also like the more understated looks of the base seats (also de-badged my car, no carbon fiber, etc.). The 4BW is tight inside. In order to be comfortable in the 4BW I'd go with the base seats, so my legs weren't pinched, and no sunroof, so my head didn't brush the headliner all the time.

Are the base seats ventilated? I really hate leather and I would never get leather again unless its ventilated.

Are the base seats ventilated? I really hate leather and I would never get leather again unless its ventilated.
Yes, base ct5 seats are heated, ventilated and have massage function.

CT4 Blackwing seats are not ventilated and do not have the massage function.

I have the base seats and they are very comfortable. I sat in the performance seats and the seat bolsters were very uncomfortable which is a shame because the performance seats in both of my ATS Vs were fantastic. BMW M3 seats are horrible. I just wish I had leather. I like the smell of leather and I miss it.
Are the base seats in the CT4V not leather? I thought they were.

get the mid tier seats then. Heated and cooled, with massage.

Not on the 4BW. Once you select the mid-tier on the 4BW...

Screenshot 2023-12-13 at 7.41.45 AM.png

Are the base seats in the CT4V not leather? I thought they were.
No, synthetic leather, branded as Inteluxe by GM. They are easy to clean and hold up well but if you want the real thing then you need spend the $5,500 for them on the 4BW. I would test them out first though, they are hard as rock compared to the base seats. After the honeymoon wears off you may appreciate the comfort more than the leather seats.

The issue I have with the mid-tier seats is that they are a $3k add on the 4BW but lack ventilation, leg extension and massage plus they don't match the rear seats, which are the base synthetic leather. Might as well keep spending at that point and get the full package, which opens up two-tone color options to jazz up the interior.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back