Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT4BW base seats

DAC17

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2023 CT5-V
Would anyone be able to post pictures of the base front seats in the 4BW? I’m especially interested in the width and height of the bottom cushion bolsters. Thanks.

PXL_20220614_003105003.jpg
PXL_20220614_003304145.jpg
PXL_20220614_003110982.jpg

Would anyone be able to post pictures of the base front seats in the 4BW? I’m especially interested in the width and height of the bottom cushion bolsters. Thanks.
I think the measurements are all pretty close. I have the base seats, very comfortable and easy to get in and out of but they don't look cool. I tried all three seats trims before buying. The top trim seats are nice but not $5,500 nice to me. IMO, the mid-tier seats are the sweet spot at $2,500 extra. The base seats were the most comfortable, noticeably softer and more cushion. The bolsters are good enough for street driving. I would step up to the mid-tier or higher for track driving though.

Screen-Shot-2020-10-22-at-5.40.52-PM.png

Last edited:
Perfect. Thanks so much for the pictures and comments. I think my wife is going to be much happier with these seats. They look exactly like the ones in the '23 CT5-V.

Agreed, they are noticeably more comfortable, I just wish they looked more sporty.
Although I will likely get aftermarket covers from one of the custom houses. That will help a little.

I didn't feel that the base seats were really any more comfortable than the mid tier seats. Certainly no were near the obvious firmness difference you get stepping up to the top tier seats. I can see the bottom portion of the seat being more comfortable if the larger bolsters in the other seats bother your legs. But actual firmness, I didn't notice much of any difference.

I didn't feel that the base seats were really any more comfortable than the mid tier seats. Certainly no were near the obvious firmness difference you get stepping up to the top tier seats. I can see the bottom portion of the seat being more comfortable if the larger bolsters in the other seats bother your legs. But actual firmness, I didn't notice much of any difference.
Agreed, the mid-tier seats are pretty close in comfort and look good. As you mentioned, depending on your body type you might like the higher bolsters on your hips, which definitely helps keep you from sliding around. I was coming from the deeply bolstered Recaros in a ZL1 and while they held you in place, falling into bolsters on the seat bottom could get pretty annoying after a while when used as a daily driver. I still think they are overpriced at $3,000.00 extra when you consider real two-tone Recaros in the new Mustang are $1,650 and the Camaro SS 1LE and ZL1 includes Recaros seats at a lower price point.

The 4BW I ordered had the mid-tier seats but I found a local 4BW at a dealer with the base seats and when I tried them I was like these are noticeably more comfortable and a lot less expensive so I went with them. I was also at the limit for what I wanted to pay for a 4BW. The dealer had four cars on the lot with manual transmissions. The other three cars were fully optioned out in the mid $70s, while the car I went with was $61k MSRP. It has been 9 months and my dealer still hasn't called me with the allocation of my ordered car. Meanwhile, the dealers in my area are loaded up with 4BWs that don't seem to be selling even advertised at $2-$3k off now. I love the car but I still feel it is a bit overpriced once you starting adding options.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back