Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V Seats?

CT5-V Model

BimmerFan

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
CT5-V BW 6spd
I've have seen mention here on this forum of "mid-tier" seats and I'm confused. I thought that there were just two variations of seats, the base seats (kind of flat looking) and the "high performance bucket seats" which is what you get when you pick anything other than base. I've only sat in cars with the latter, and I wonder what the comfort difference is. Obviously the base "flat" seats will be easier to get in and out of, and provide less lateral support, but other than that, is there an actual difference in the comfort of the seats?

Thanks,
Michael

I've have seen mention here on this forum of "mid-tier" seats and I'm confused. I thought that there were just two variations of seats, the base seats (kind of flat looking) and the "high performance bucket seats" which is what you get when you pick anything other than base. I've only sat in cars with the latter, and I wonder what the comfort difference is. Obviously the base "flat" seats will be easier to get in and out of, and provide less lateral support, but other than that, is there an actual difference in the comfort of the seats?

Thanks,
Michael
It depends if you're talking 4s or 5s. The 5s mid-tier are the 4s top-tier.

Search is your friend but I understand where you're coming from, the new configurator is awful compared to the original one.

'Base' seats are effectively the same as in the non-BW 5V (Performance). I believe they are still heated and ventilated.

'Mid' has referred to the diamond-stitched seats which came with Alcantara seatbacks. 'High' is the Semi-Aniline seats, previously only available with carbon seatbacks, now with the carbon-delete option. The construction and features of Mid and High seats (High Performance) are otherwise identical.

The high end seat looks the same as the mid tier seat, same bolstering, same styling. The difference is the high end seat has carbon seat backs (Although due to constraints its now available as a delete option) and the leather material is semi-aniline.

I have mid tier, I have no idea what the semi-aniline feels like but the mid tier seats are still full leather, no grain, its smooth and I have no complaints about it.

I have tracked Blackwings with the semi-aniline seat and while I wasn't paying attention if the leather quality was any better then my mid tier the comfort was identical since its the same seat.

I'm mostly annoyed natural isn't available on anything other then the high end seat.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back