Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Brake Shudder CT4-V

zonearc0

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT4-V
6500 miles and getting brake shudder. Never tracked.
Anyone else run in to this and what did you do? I'm expecting that if I bring this to the dealer they'll just tell me to buy new brakes and it's not their problem, but this seems pretty early to start having brake issues.

1st step would be to go through another breakin process for the pads and see if that cleans the deposits on the rotors - assuming that's what it is.
Uploading some pics of the discs could help people diagnose.

They feel completely smooth to the touch

6500 miles and getting brake shudder. Never tracked.
Anyone else run in to this and what did you do? I'm expecting that if I bring this to the dealer they'll just tell me to buy new brakes and it's not their problem, but this seems pretty early to start having brake issues.
Usually it's pad material and the sooner you rebed the brakes the better, as it will hopefully remove the excess pad material. BUT... if somehow the rotors got warped, or the pads got stuck in a weird angle and wore unevenly, then you'd either need the rotors resurfaced, and or new pad(s).

Try the bed in process and see if that makes it better.

I did. I was on a 300 mile drive this morning. I did the full bedding process and no dice. It actually feels like it made it WORSE. The 8 60-10 stops actually seem to have it more profound than before.

I just scheduled an appt with my dealer (Covert Cadillac in Austin, TX). They're booked out until Sept 22nd, so I'll avoid driving it too much over the next few weeks.

From my experience, forget the 60-10 stops. Find somewhere to get up to well over 100mph. Ease into the pedal, but get on the brakes really hard, but not ABS. Do it 2 or 3 times, and I bet it fixes it. These brakes are massive and need a lot of energy put into them to heat them up.

Done. I live rural and have plenty of places to do that. I wish I could just disable ABS by pulling a fuse, etc so I can be sure to not have it kick in lol

From my experience, forget the 60-10 stops. Find somewhere to get up to well over 100mph. Ease into the pedal, but get on the brakes really hard, but not ABS. Do it 2 or 3 times, and I bet it fixes it. These brakes are massive and need a lot of energy put into them to heat them up.

Agreed, you need some speed to get some heat up. I had to do this on my ZL1 as well once I reached about 500 miles or so from taking it easy on it during break-in. I didn't have any noticeable vibration but the brakes would squeal more than normal. I had some fun bedding those suckers using highway off-ramps. I had no more squeal once I did that about 4-5 times.

Done. I live rural and have plenty of places to do that. I wish I could just disable ABS by pulling a fuse, etc so I can be sure to not have it kick in lol

Well, if you are getting into the brakes THAT much the last thing you want to do is lock them up at 80+

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back