Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT4 Blackwing Break Pad Life Monitoring System

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
CT4 Blackwing
Hello, I am getting my car ready for my first track day in mid July, so I have been doing some research to figure out what all I need to do before then.

I found a service document from Cadillac that goes through all the work that needs done, and one of the line items is for a "Break Pad Wear Sensors" being removed from the brakes prior to a track event for the V-Series cars.

After looking into it a bit, it seems like the Blackwings don't require this removal as the sensors are designed to be capable of handing track use, but now I am trying to figure where this display of the brake pad life is hidden in the gauge cluster!

Has anyone found this screen that shows break pad life %?
Or does this system only display a warning when the brake pads are close to end of life for the Blackwings?

For reference, here are some screenshots of the User Manual highlighting the feature:
1687792913712.png

1687792929504.png
1687793489558.png

Attachments

• 1687792885876.png
    1687792885876.png
    44.5 KB · Views: 33
  • 1687792936298.png
    1687792936298.png
    47.5 KB · Views: 31
Hello, I am getting my car ready for my first track day in mid July, so I have been doing some research to figure out what all I need to do before then.

I found a service document from Cadillac that goes through all the work that needs done, and one of the line items is for a "Break Pad Wear Sensors" being removed from the brakes prior to a track event for the V-Series cars.

After looking into it a bit, it seems like the Blackwings don't require this removal as the sensors are designed to be capable of handing track use, but now I am trying to figure where this display of the brake pad life is hidden in the gauge cluster!

Has anyone found this screen that shows break pad life %?
Or does this system only display a warning when the brake pads are close to end of life for the Blackwings?

For reference, here are some screenshots of the User Manual highlighting the feature:

We just have traditional wear sensors. There isn't anything you have to do.

I have a 5 BW and haven't seen a screen or other means of telling brake wear (unlike my M3 which does forecast mileage left.)

I have a 5 BW and haven't seen a screen or other means of telling brake wear (unlike my M3 which does forecast mileage left.)
You don't find a brake pad life % when you scroll through the items on the maintenance screen?

I'm assuming you do? What car are you in?
CT5V non BW. The owners manual doesn't say they are different in that regard. With all the other talk I have read on here about pads and pad sensors (on BWs), I figured they were the same.

My CT4 BW does not have that page in the maintenance tab. Only Air Filter Life, Oil Life, and Engine Hours.

In the manual all it says is See Brake Pad Life System (if equipped) anywhere the system is mentioned.

I was able to find this document on what needs to be done for my CT4 BW for track use, which says the brake pad wear sensors are for V Series Only, so I assumed that was both the V and V BW, but must not be.

1687807600137.png

Here it says the sensors are different between the two in the last paragraph.
Now that I am rereading, it seems like it implies that the BW only notifies you when the wear is excessive.
1687807471249.png

Attachments

• 1687807631665.png
    1687807631665.png
    11.5 KB · Views: 35
The sensors are just warnings. They are a simple wear through sensor that when your pads are almost worn out the sensors also wears through and breaks a circuit. When that circuit breaks the warning comes up. That’s all it does.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back