Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Brake Dust Shield Cover?

vblkwng

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT5-V Blackwing
Are these part of the track items that are for track use only. The dealer stated that to put these on they would have to remove the others. I just wanted to confirm that these were part of "Track Use Only" including the brake air ducts.
1631831107803.png

1631831114708.png

Yes track shield. Opens lower portion of rotor to more airflow. The deflector in control arm needs to stay not track only. I am really worried how confusing this topic is to dealers. There is instructions in the bag and owners to not do anything to the brakes during PDI.

Yes track shield. Opens lower portion of rotor to more airflow. The deflector in control arm needs to stay not track only. I am really worried how confusing this topic is to dealers. There is instructions in the bag and owners to not do anything to the brakes during PDI.
So mirza, why doesn't someone from your end send out a bulletin to the dealers addressing this as a refresher/reminder???

They should be asking us the end users whether we plan on tracking or not Thanks

There is some downside, to the small Track Brake Shields, in that if you live in cold climates you will over-cool your brakes which isn't ideal for panic stopping or rotor wear.
In warm climates, it would be less of an issue.

For those who do track; the car also needs the aggressive "BlackWing" Track Alignment settings.
Anyone tried running those settings yet?

Now you feel our pain with some dealers 😁

I just got my car last night and I sent my salesperson the exact instructions about installing front rock guards and not installing the rears brake shields. There is nothing in my trunk and this is a pic from underneath. Should I bring it back to the dealer for correction?

Attachments

• 20210916_215418.jpg
    20210916_215418.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 176
Its written in the owners manual and a big sheet in the bag with parts saying track only. A bulletin is not gona do much if the papers in the cars are not even read.

I just got my car last night and I sent my salesperson the exact instructions about installing front rock guards and not installing the rears brake shields. There is nothing in my trunk and this is a pic from underneath. Should I bring it back to the dealer for correction?
I would.

Yea, my dealer seemed a little confused. I guess it's not common to have a bunch of extra parts

And if you have the carbon brakes none of this applies and they all get PDI’d the same street or track, right?

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back