Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Blower lid sound deadening plate

I've heard of no down side to doing this from the Camaros. I've mentioned it previously here somewhere.

Following…I would love to know

I did it on my ZL1 and it wasn't worth the effort IMHO. Maaaaaaaybe a slight increase...Maybe. I am also assuming the efforts by Cadillac to mitigate in cabin noise would decrease the chances of more blower noise even more than the ZL1. Was about a 30-45 minute job because a couple of the lid bolts in the back were a pain to get to. If anyone gives it a shot just a friendly reminder the blower lid bolt torque specs are in inch pounds and not foot pounds. Heard about more than one person snapping bolts trying to torque down using foot pounds!

Last edited:
First of all, the blackwing lid is not the same as the zl1. Have you opened it up to see if it even has that plate? They redesigned the lid for the blackwing. Im guessing thats where they got some of the hp increase

First of all, the blackwing lid is not the same as the zl1. Have you opened it up to see if it even has that plate? They redesigned the lid for the blackwing. Im guessing thats where they got some of the hp increase
I have not. Something about time and a lack of it....

I have not. Something about time and a lack of it....
It would be easier to find a parts schematic of the blower if one were available.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back