Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT4v Blackwing Custom Cat Back Exhaust? Anyone done anything Custom? Results?

XTRMLN

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
224BW
I'm going in for a consultation with a custom fab guy today to see about doing a cat back for my 22BW. I have seen a couple of threads about cat back but they were for the 5V's. Anyone get anything done custom on a 4BW? Just looking for some ideas and some knowledge when I have my consult with my guy today. Will the same methods for the 5BW's guys have posted result in some better sound on the 4BW's? I'm just not ready to do DP's with a full tune yet but desperately want some more sound out of the car until I get there.

Last edited:
Has anyone considered buying an aftermarket ATS-V exhaust and modifying it to work? I assume the undercarriage is similar for the most part and most modifications would need to be made at the tail end around the exit.

does anyone have a good 3D scan of the OEM system on a 4BW?

Well I did find an older post about just doing the muffler delete and that's what I'm going with for now. Crossing my fingers and hoping it doesn't end up too obnoxious.

@xtin case you haven't, check on YouTube. There is one videonof a 4BW with a muffler delete. Might give you an idea...

@xtin case you haven't, check on YouTube. There is one videonof a 4BW with a muffler delete. Might give you an idea...
Yes I did see that and I found a couple in the forums as well. Doesn’t seem like it gets too loud at all just a small bump up. I’m really hoping it’s not too crazy signing up for my first trackday today and they have a 106 decibal limit so as long as I don’t go over that I’ll be happy.

Keep us posted with your set up. Interested to hear your thoughts.
Well as requested I'm reporting back after just picking up the car. This is it!! This is how I think this car should have sounded from the factory. There are all sorts of vids with the sound of the mod but it really is hard to hear it that way. It will be hard to talk about how much louder it is but here is something you can probably get the jist of the change from. In stock form on race mode that is now the sound I get while in tour mode but with a verys slight bump up in decibals. Now when it track mode you know it for sure. I would recomend this muffler delete to anyone who is unsatisfied with the stock exhaust note. Before doing this I was planning on doing dp's too but now I won't do that until much later down the road if I get the ECM unlocked for a full tune. I think the dp's with the muffler delete would probably get into that obnoxious range. I feel like I found the sweet spot with this mod!!

Well as requested I'm reporting back after just picking up the car. This is it!! This is how I think this car should have sounded from the factory. There are all sorts of vids with the sound of the mod but it really is hard to hear it that way. It will be hard to talk about how much louder it is but here is something you can probably get the jist of the change from. In stock form on race mode that is now the sound I get while in tour mode but with a verys slight bump up in decibals. Now when it track mode you know it for sure. I would recomend this muffler delete to anyone who is unsatisfied with the stock exhaust note. Before doing this I was planning on doing dp's too but now I won't do that until much later down the road if I get the ECM unlocked for a full tune. I think the dp's with the muffler delete would probably get into that obnoxious range. I feel like I found the sweet spot with this mod!!
How can you post with no pictures? What did it cost you and are you happy with the quality of the installation. Inquiring minds and all that,...

Pretty simple process. They kept the stock tips with valves and just added pipe to delete the muffler. The guys did great that did the work. My biggest concern was not ending up with caddywompos tips. They were sure to weld them together before removing the unit to keep the stock look. Best $550.00 mod I have done to the car!
IMG_1587.jpeg
IMG_1586.jpeg

Pretty simple process. They kept the stock tips with valves and just added pipe to delete the muffler. The guys did great that did the work. My biggest concern was not ending up with caddywompos tips. They were sure to weld them together before removing the unit to keep the stock look. Best $550.00 mod I have done to the car!
View attachment 24553View attachment 24554
Sound clips would be appreciated

cold start sounds sweeeeeeet

do you have any clips from inside the cabin?

Sounds great. Hows the sound in the cabin? Any drone?
TBH I'm not sure what drone is exactly but as requested I will get some cabin audio today when I get out for a few errands. The exhaust note is definately more noticeable in the cabin but that is what I wanted. The car stock is just way too quiet for me. I like the new sound and it isn't too much for me for sure.

cold start sounds sweeeeeeet

do you have any clips from inside the cabin?
Will do later today. I'll try to get cold start from cabin in my mode and then flip through the different modes. Maybe I'll try for some exceleration too in different modes.

TBH I'm not sure what drone is exactly but as requested I will get some cabin audio today when I get out for a few errands. The exhaust note is definately more noticeable in the cabin but that is what I wanted. The car stock is just way too quiet for me. I like the new sound and it isn't too much for me for sure.
I did a muffler delete in my hellcat and drone was bad at highway speeds. It’s hard to describe but it’s an annoying buzzing monotone kind of noise. It only happens at low rpm usually steady cruising at highway speeds.

Drone is the loud resonance you have to physically yell over (or turn up radio volume) while cruising at a constant speed/RPM - typically highway speeds

Years back, I threw some Magnaflow dual-in dual-out custom mufflers on a CTS coupe with a LFX and it sounded terrific on throttle, but was unbearable at highway speeds. I kept it anyways, but highway trips over 45 minutes were a direct request for a migraine. This is my only apprehension in custom solutions on the 4BW -- similar v6 note might drone in a similar way/RPM range

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back