Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Blackwings in Forza Horizon 5

Ungwei

Seasoned Member
Hey! For anyone here who games, just wanted to let you know they finally added the Blackwings into Forza Horizon 5, you can unlock the 5BW this week, then the 4BW in two weeks. Just took these screenshots, looks good!
Screenshot 2023-04-09 225132.png
Screenshot 2023-04-09 225302.png

These are unrealistic expectations, the car has the carbon fiber packages in game, if someone uses the car in game and then realizes they need to go out and buy one, they will realize they've been bamboozled.

Also that black paint looks perfect, even more unrealistic expectations!

Anyone know how to unlock them? Do u have to do it this week? There's some YouTube videos but I miss the days of 2 sentence answers instead of slogging through 15 minute youtube gibber gabber for a high level answer.

Anyone know how to unlock them? Do u have to do it this week? There's some YouTube videos but I miss the days of 2 sentence answers instead of slogging through 15 minute youtube gibber gabber for a high level answer.
You have until the end of Wednesday to do a couple weekly challenges and races to unlock the 5BW, the 4BW will be in like a week from now.

I'm slogging through trying to earn it. I was trying the big 10-point event but by the time I was getting good all my random teammates started sucking worse than me.

I think mine said I had a few more days to earn. Maybe the timer starts once you start the game after the event was available? Either way I am going to get it closed out tonight.

I tried some of it last night, was doing the twinkle little porsche event. Finished all 3 but didn't get the reward points. I just haven't played enough of that game to understand it.

I am in the middle of that one. Did you win it? Finishing is not enough. I also did a couple of events on the far right of the list and they only gave me 1 point each even though they said 2 or 3. Not sure what that's all about.

I am in the middle of that one. Did you win it? Finishing is not enough. I also did a couple of events on the far right of the list and they only gave me 1 point each even though they said 2 or 3. Not sure what that's all about.
I did not, no. I think I'll have to put some upgrades into my cars.. bone stock doesn't seem to cut it lol

I did not, no. I think I'll have to put some upgrades into my cars.. bone stock doesn't seem to cut it lol
Its a 3 race championship. You earn points for each one. So you don't necessarily need to win every race. I'm not sure how consistent a "driver" the computer cars are. I know in Gran Turismo 5 the same computer cars would rarely finish in the same order...so you could win most series by just being in the top 5 or so in each race. Not sure about Forza. Moding might not matter because it changes the car's point value which can put it over the limit for that race. Or cause the computer cars to be higher spec as well.

Its a 3 race championship. You earn points for each one. So you don't necessarily need to win every race. I'm not sure how consistent a "driver" the computer cars are. I know in Gran Turismo 5 the same computer cars would rarely finish in the same order...so you could win most series by just being in the top 5 or so in each race. Not sure about Forza. Moding might not matter because it changes the car's point value which can put it over the limit for that race. Or cause the computer cars to be higher spec as well.
Downloading and installing someone else's tune can sometimes help, look for one's that are within the proper range for the car class (ie 701-800 for A)

So is the 5BW as fun to drive in game as it is in Real Life? I had stuff come up and couldn't finish it off, but it's ok because the 4BW is what I really need. It was a good preview for when the 4BW is available.

So is the 5BW as fun to drive in game as it is in Real Life? I had stuff come up and couldn't finish it off, but it's ok because the 4BW is what I really need. It was a good preview for when the 4BW is available.
Never drove the 5BW in real life but it's a beast in the game! Looking forward to driving the 4BW in game as well.

I don't have a BW so I can't compare. But in the game I pretty much only drive 4000lb+ uber sedans (including the V3). I don't feel like Forza models them correctly. It's not a simulator after all. I assume they have some model they plug various numbers into for all cars. But no model specific things. So it makes sense that the heavy cars feel wrong. Every magazine review in the last 15 years of these types of cars (V, M5, etc) is shocked by how the handling doesn't match what they expect based on the weight. So clearly some secret sauce isn't coming through. But its just a game and still a lot of fun. And I love the replay feature so you don't have to waste a whole race because of 1 (or 2 or 3+) bad turn.

Oh, for a throw back drive the 1996 Impala. I remember as a kid thinking it was so awesome. And those "huge" 255 rear tires.

I don't have a BW so I can't compare. But in the game I pretty much only drive 4000lb+ uber sedans (including the V3). I don't feel like Forza models them correctly. It's not a simulator after all. I assume they have some model they plug various numbers into for all cars. But no model specific things. So it makes sense that the heavy cars feel wrong. Every magazine review in the last 15 years of these types of cars (V, M5, etc) is shocked by how the handling doesn't match what they expect based on the weight. So clearly some secret sauce isn't coming through. But its just a game and still a lot of fun. And I love the replay feature so you don't have to waste a whole race because of 1 (or 2 or 3+) bad turn.
Agreed, they definitely have obfuscated the actual performance stats of each vehicle, no where close to a simulator. When I saw a Porsche Macan (or was it a Cayenne?) keeping up with every other type of Porsche in the twinkle little Porsche or whatever it's called series I realized I shouldn't expect too much realism. It's fun though, and they do seem to have at least got the feel of RWD vs AWD vs FWD correct. It's a lot more realistic than some other "racing" games I've played.

Agreed, they definitely have obfuscated the actual performance stats of each vehicle, no where close to a simulator. When I saw a Porsche Macan (or was it a Cayenne?) keeping up with every other type of Porsche in the twinkle little Porsche or whatever it's called series I realized I shouldn't expect too much realism. It's fun though, and they do seem to have at least got the feel of RWD vs AWD vs FWD correct. It's a lot more realistic than some other "racing" games I've played.
Fwiw, usually the cars are tuned to be competitive. So an A class race will have lower cars tuned to be around upper limits of A.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back