Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

My 4BW was backed into. Sucky day

Smoky

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT4-V Blackwing
Thought I'd share with those who understand.

Got my 4BW a few weeks ago. Used, 2000 miles, spec'd exactly how I wanted. I love this car. I was looking at C7 GS, and my wife convinced me I needed a 4 door, and this car is SO perfect. Such a balance of anything anyone could ever want.

But I wanted some window tint. Found the local Llumar installer, and got it done. Everything was great until I noticed a small hair under the tint in my driver's side door glass. So I brought it back in to get it fixed.

They got it sorted out, but as I was getting dropped off so I could pick up the car, a white pickup backed right into my baby.

Now I know I'll be waiting weeks, maybe months for repairs. And I'm not one to bring my car in for anything except things I can't do myself (like window tint, apparently). So the idea of my car sitting at a dealer/body shop, being uncared for outside of my garage, just makes me want to puke.

Is what it is I guess.
20230818_092346.jpg

Last edited:
Thought I'd share with those who understand.

Got my 4BW a few weeks ago. Used, 2000 miles, spec'd exactly how I wanted. I love this car. I was looking at C7 GS, and my wife convinced me I needed a 4 door, and this car is SO perfect. Such a balance of anything anyone could ever want.

But I wanted some window tint. Found the local Llumar installer, and got it done. Everything was great until I noticed a small hair under the tint in my driver's side door glass. So I brought it back in to get it fixed.

They got it sorted out, but as I was getting dropped off so I could pick up the car, a white pickup backed right into my baby.

Now I know I'll be waiting weeks, maybe months for repairs. And I'm not one to bring my car in for anything except things I can't do myself (like window tint, apparently). So the idea of my car sitting at a dealer, being uncared for outside of my garage, just makes me want to puke.

Is what it is I guess. View attachment 21165
I feel your pain. It could have been worse and been a quarter panel.

You could probably triage that decently well while you wait for the repair...

Go ahead and replace the grill (insurance paid for, of course), maybe do some backyard straightening of the front edge of the hood and some good buffing compound... The crack in the bumper may pop back into place and then you can tape it on the back side...

Just a few minor things to maybe make it not quite so terrible while you wait on the body shop. Still sucks though. Sorry man.

On the bright side, if you were ever looking to change emblems, now someone else gets to pick up the tab! Lol!

I’ve been waiting 2 going on 3 months for my replacement grill from Cadillac from minor freeway damage. Good luck with the wait

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back