Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Blackwing holding value for future sale?

Buzzsaw

Seasoned Member
So, as I explained in a earlier post, I'm 69 and wanting a high performance car for a couple years. I want to be able to sell it or trade it in after the 2 years. I'm trying to guess what the value on the Blackwing CT5 will be at that time. In other words, if I pay $115,000 for the Blackwing, what will it be worth then? I know automobiles are terrible investments but I thought the Blackwing might still be a "hot" commodity. The C8 I have a deposit on "might" hold its value for a couple more years till production catches up. If I had it now, no problem getting my money back.

I wouldn't want to make any profit necessarily but If I could "breakeven" it would be great.

If I ask a salesperson this, I'm afraid they might just say "yes" to close the sale. I will drive it as a weekend or "going out" ride. I'll keep my pick-up. I'm thinking 12,000 miles or less after 2 years.

Thoughts from ya'll?

He77, I may like it so much, I keep it forever.

I can only speculate, but despite glowing praise for these cars, I don't see people paying crazy market adjustment prices now like they have been on the C8. I take that as a proxy indicator that this car despite its greatness, won't be going up in value anytime soon and probably will have depreciation similar to the V3 CTS-V (which was actually pretty good before the car shortage.) I'd guestimate a 20-23% depreciation from MSRP/ATP in 2 years. But that's not based on data...

Totally agree. Despite both CT4/5 BW being amazing cars they will not hold value like C8. Not everyone wants a 6 figure "family sedan" but on the other hand tons of people are willing to pay that amount for an exotic car look alike which can run with the best of Italian imports and look good while doing that.

Though, I will bet a lot of money depreciation on a manual transmission 5BW is going to be much better than any RS, AMG, or //M sedan on the market.

If you're looking for a fast, fun, comfortable, extremely competent luxury sport sedan with nominal depreciation over the long haul, the Blackwing is your ticket.

Any speculation on actual depreciation is subject to probably 100 different factors no one on this board knows. If we did, we'd be doing lines of blow off super models on our own private island replete with it's own race track.

we'd be doing lines of blow off super models on our own private island replete with it's own race track.

I'm ready
Let's just hope that it does not end with a "suicide" in prison ;)

I would be willing to bet that we could sell these for at least 20k above sticker for the next few months.. when the market gets close to normal, they will take a 20-30k hit from msrp. Once discontinued, they will slowly increase or stop depreciation until america starts going full ev. That’s when the value will come back to around sticker and the longer you wait, the higher it goes.
I honestly think these collector series will be worth a ton of money in 20-30 years.. think Chevy as on steroids.just my 2 cents but I have been a manager in the business for 10 years as well…

Why care about depreciation? You only live once and if you're going to buy a car as an investment, you're making one of the worst possible financial decisions you could make unless it's something like a Ford GT.

I bought a 1990 ZR-1 nearly 30 years ago for a fraction of its original MSRP. The original owner bought it as an investment and threw it in his climate controlled warehouse with his Ferraris and Lamborghinis. It wasn't until he realized he wasn't going to be able to use it as his retirement that he decided to let it go. Today, the market is so soft on them, it's not even funny. But I still smile Everytime I climb in it and fire it up.

Just my two cents...

Why care about depreciation? You only live once and if you're going to buy a car as an investment, you're making one of the worst possible financial decisions you could make unless it's something like a Ford GT.

I bought a 1990 ZR-1 nearly 30 years ago for a fraction of its original MSRP. The original owner bought it as an investment and threw it in his climate controlled warehouse with his Ferraris and Lamborghinis. It wasn't until he realized he wasn't going to be able to use it as his retirement that he decided to let it go. Today, the market is so soft on them, it's not even funny. But I still smile Everytime I climb in it and fire it up.

Just my two cents...
Well put. I love my bw. I’ve always wanted a v since the 2nd gen and wish I got a wagon at the time. Got a sts v but wasn’t the same i wanted manual trans. I’m happy that I am in a position to be able to get this car and lucky enough to get #35 of the collector series! Got 397 miles and counting.. getting close!

So, as I explained in a earlier post, I'm 69 and wanting a high performance car for a couple years. I want to be able to sell it or trade it in after the 2 years. I'm trying to guess what the value on the Blackwing CT5 will be at that time. In other words, if I pay $115,000 for the Blackwing, what will it be worth then? I know automobiles are terrible investments but I thought the Blackwing might still be a "hot" commodity. The C8 I have a deposit on "might" hold its value for a couple more years till production catches up. If I had it now, no problem getting my money back.

I wouldn't want to make any profit necessarily but If I could "breakeven" it would be great.

If I ask a salesperson this, I'm afraid they might just say "yes" to close the sale. I will drive it as a weekend or "going out" ride. I'll keep my pick-up. I'm thinking 12,000 miles or less after 2 years.

Thoughts from ya'll?

He77, I may like it so much, I keep it forever.
In my research, a noteworthy vehicle with less than 2000 miles usually takes the cake

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back