Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Double sided tape for badges

Magnetic Flux

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2024 CT5-V BW
I had my car PPF’d and the badges were removed and reinstalled. The badges have all started peeling off the car. I had a couple of them redone after the first couple weeks and now they are doing it again. The tape they used is a double sided black foam tape (asking them for exact type so I don’t buy that kind).

For people that rebadged or changes badges, what product did you use and has it held up? This could also be on different cars if you didn’t do anything on your blackwing.

It seems the plastic V badges like to warp or curve somewhat which is pulling them off the car.

Any help would be appreciated.

In the past, a shop I used for a couple different cars that had ppf applied bought new oem badges to put on instead of using old ones. For my blackwing that is getting ppf in a couple weeks I am using the opportunity to get black badges put on.

It's called VHB tape.

The detailer who did my PPF had to remove mine & also got me new OEM ones like @beamon. Pron more $ than tape but works & looks perfect.

It seems the plastic V badges like to warp or curve somewhat which is pulling them off the car.

Any help would be appreciated.

Which way is it curved? If it is curved outward in the middle its because they probably used the rear badge (which has a slight curve to it to accomodate the trunk lid) on the sides (side badges are flat).

Which way is it curved? If it is curved outward in the middle its because they probably used the rear badge (which has a slight curve to it to accomodate the trunk lid) on the sides (side badges are flat).
I think you are exactly right! One side badge curves out in the middle and pops out. The back badge is flat and is peeling away at the edges. One side badge seems fine (which much be the correct application). Thank you!

Maybe I should just convert to all black badges... if only they didn't cost $600 to get a full set.

IMG_6547.JPG

IMG_6550.JPG

I think you are exactly right! One side badge curves out in the middle and pops out. The back badge is flat and is peeling away at the edges. One side badge seems fine (which much be the correct application). Thank you!

Maybe I should just convert to all black badges... if only they didn't cost $600 to get a full set.

View attachment 23221

View attachment 23222
Lol!

Yep. Definitely switched.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace