Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Blackwing Constraints Tracker

So my question is, if CF packages and CF seat backs are on constraint, why do I see 2024 cars listed on dealership webpages as being available for sale (on the lot) with all of those packages? My dealer says not to bother because the order won't get filled. Obviously some orders for full CF are getting filled!

Eventually the order will get an allocation with CF for some dealers, not all. It’s really a question of how long you want to wait, 1 year, 2 years, never if production ends.

The way it has been is, they have some carbon. The priority is/has been the 120th anniv, the 20th anniv and the IMSA editions of the 4. So, I guess if those orders are filled, and you have CF parts left, you then fill a customers order. CF was very hard to get in 2022 due in part to parts suppliers. If I remember, they changed suppliers at least twice. CF is much easier to get now than it was in '22, but still not "easy". You'll still wait for your order, but you'll get it, unlike in '22.

Waited 2+ years for all carbon and options we wanted. So basically you’ll find a car with whatever dealer ordered, if that works for you buy it.

Just outsource the carbon to AliExpress or something. Those parts are actually decent 😄

So my question is, if CF packages and CF seat backs are on constraint, why do I see 2024 cars listed on dealership webpages as being available for sale (on the lot) with all of those packages? My dealer says not to bother because the order won't get filled. Obviously some orders for full CF are getting filled!
Constraints are week to week and I believe are a percentage of the total available allocations for that week. E.G. there can be 25 allocations for a particular week but, based on constraints, only a percentage of those 25 would be available with certain options.

Whenever I get my allocation for the updated Blackwing, I am going to aim for carbon fiber packages, and I really, really would like those carbon fiber seat backs. I have them on my new M3 and they look so good

Attachments

• 20231213_180626.jpg
    20231213_180626.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 79
Whenever I get my allocation for the updated Blackwing, I am going to aim for carbon fiber packages, and I really, really would like those carbon fiber seat backs. I have them on my new M3 and they look so good
I got my 22 5BW with the CF seats and they are fantastic. Installed the CF1 myself after the fact, but it took one year to get the splitter. I didn’t want CF2 and I enjoy the hands free trunk release.

I got my 22 5BW with the CF seats and they are fantastic. Installed the CF1 myself after the fact, but it took one year to get the splitter. I didn’t want CF2 and I enjoy the hands free trunk release.
I think ‘24 is much improved with respect to carbon fiber. I got all the carbon fiber options and didn’t have to wait very long and as mentioned above national searches will show several cars available with all carbon fiber options. Once you start to limit to manual transmission, there are fewer but still enough to choose from unless they are customer ordered cars not for sale.

I think ‘24 is much improved with respect to carbon fiber. I got all the carbon fiber options and didn’t have to wait very long and as mentioned above national searches will show several cars available with all carbon fiber options. Once you start to limit to manual transmission, there are fewer but still enough to choose from unless they are customer ordered cars not for sale.
For some context on this: There are currently 8 2024 6MT 5BWs within 250 miles of me (Austin TX) on Cadillac's websearch that have AT LEAST the CF1 package.

The only thing that keeps me from saying mine is fully loaded, is the fact that it missing only the carbon fiber front splitter and the carbon fiber spoiler. We ere trying for almost a year for this and supercruise.

Ordered in November 2022. My dealer called last week and said my allocation was here, and my order was going in! Submitted the order but it bounced, as I have the aniline seats (but no other CF). Continue waiting….

So CF still on constraint?
Last week, I was offered an allocation for a CF2 car (includes CF1 of course) and carbon seatbacks. I am trying to get a 2024 Black Diamond Tricoat, but the color has not been available to order. 2nd time in the past 6 weeks I was offered the spot, but I am still passing. BDT or bust for me, and it is looking like that dream is coming to an end. I don't think the color will continue for 2025, and even if it does, I can't bring myself to having that frond end. I do think the orders for 24s are quickly coming to an end.

Last week, I was offered an allocation for a CF2 car (includes CF1 of course) and carbon seatbacks. I am trying to get a 2024 Black Diamond Tricoat, but the color has not been available to order. 2nd time in the past 6 weeks I was offered the spot, but I am still passing. BDT or bust for me, and it is looking like that dream is coming to an end. I don't think the color will continue for 2025, and even if it does, I can't bring myself to having that frond end. I do think the orders for 24s are quickly coming to an end.
That BDT with Bronze wheels will be badass

That BDT with Bronze wheels will be badass
That is the lone detail I have oscillated on. Between bronze and black. I have the bronze on my Rift and love them, the design itself is very much my cup of tea.

Honestly though, I have been all over ordering a BDT since last year, but don't think it will happen. Not that a 22 Rift is a bad machine, I just love BDT and would prefer it to be my forever Blackwing.

That is the lone detail I have oscillated on. Between bronze and black. I have the bronze on my Rift and love them, the design itself is very much my cup of tea.

Honestly though, I have been all over ordering a BDT since last year, but don't think it will happen. Not that a 22 Rift is a bad machine, I just love BDT and would prefer it to be my forever Blackwing.
I am in the same boat. talking with 4 different dealers, awaiting the opportunity to order BDT. The color is beautiful. Had the similar color on my 2013 ATS. I can't cross my fingers any harder that someone gets an allocation for me to order exactly what I want. Same deal here...I want my forever Blackwing

I am in the same boat. talking with 4 different dealers, awaiting the opportunity to order BDT. The color is beautiful. Had the similar color on my 2013 ATS. I can't cross my fingers any harder that someone gets an allocation for me to order exactly what I want. Same deal here...I want my forever Blackwing
Well, the allocation needs to align with Cadillac accepting an order for BDT. So in my case, 2 times I could have ordered a 2024 in most any configuration I wanted, so long as it was not BDT.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back