Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Blackwing Constraints Tracker

anyone know when the rear CF valance will be available to order from dealer again?

If you are referring to the BW5, check the CF Database...it's been replaced with another part#

It's been a longggg time since I've been checking in on MY23 CT5V BW options.
1) AUTOMATIC: Can you order Parking Package Y6L without Super Cruise 2 (WKA) yet?
2) AUTOMATIC: If Y6L still requires Super Cruise2, is Super Cruise2 off of constraint?
3) AUTOMATIC: Is there any way other than Y6L to get the (DRZ) Rear Camera Mirror?

Thanks -

Got the call from my dealer Friday, order is in! No CF available, so no CF1 or 2, or premium interior with the CF seatbacks :/
I'm having him ask Cadillac about the mid cycle refresh. I'm hoping that CF will be more readily available at that point, I don't HAVE to take delivery of this BW in production now. It may sound silly, but I want everything to come on it from the factory. And I'd only have to wait until July? It's already been ~1 year, so what's another couple of months?

Got the call from my dealer Friday, order is in! No CF available, so no CF1 or 2, or premium interior with the CF seatbacks :/
I'm having him ask Cadillac about the mid cycle refresh. I'm hoping that CF will be more readily available at that point, I don't HAVE to take delivery of this BW in production now. It may sound silly, but I want everything to come on it from the factory. And I'd only have to wait until July? It's already been ~1 year, so what's another couple of months?
Adding on the CF isn’t hard to do. My car came non-CF. All I did was order the parts and put them on myself

It's not that simple. You'd have to wait until your dealer gets another allocation. Also, depending on the dealer, you might have to go to the back of their line for allocations. As for carbon fiber, I wouldn't count on it becoming more available any time soon. CF has been on serious constraint since the Corvette C7 days.

I waited 18 months because I was stubborn about waiting for CF.

2 weeks after dropping CF from my order, I got a TPW and delivered 6 weeks after.

CF parts going on now. And most importantly, the car drives exactly the same with and without.

I would strongly recommend against passing on an allocation because of CF. It could be months or years before you get another spot.

The dealer where I ordered said an order placed today would take 3 years to fill.

I would strongly recommend against passing on an allocation because of CF. It could be months or years before you get another spot.

The dealer where I ordered said an order placed today would take 3 years to fill.
<^^^^^ This. My dealer said the same thing. Their list is long with people waiting for CF. They were saying about 2 years when I got mine..

Original Goat roper here! Spec sheet went in Nov 21 and anything and everything I wanted on car has been constrained! Dealer has been honest none of this matters because we can't get allocation and until we do there's nothing we can do......I am done between Covid, Corvette fiasco and onto the Blackwings...3yrs went by!

I have a Black Raven all carbon now in my hands! Guess what GOAT LICKING ROPERS? I ain't selling EVER!

Last edited:
<^^^^^ This. My dealer said the same thing. Their list is long with people waiting for CF. They were saying about 2 years when I got mine..
My dealer had 20+ orders in front of me ALL waiting on C/F. I wish I had all their names so I could send them a thank you basket as my original order had zero C/F.

Like you, I'm going to wait for the CF stuff. I almost spit out my coffee yesterday when my dealer incorrectly told me that I was at 3000. Thought I'd get it soon-ish for a second and then double checked that I'm still at 1100. Honestly, I'm ok getting pushed to another MY as the color choices might get better.

Not seeing it anywhere in here but looks like Rift is out for 5BWs too. I had an allocation 2 weeks ago and it never got accepted, changed to Blaze and it got accepted today...I saw it constrained for the 4BWs but nothing on the 5.

Anyone know the current constraint percentage for CF1 and 2? GM readily shares that with dealers every week.

Is there any data to support the notion that the CF1 and 2 are being only installed on anniversary and track cars?

Anyone know the current constraint percentage for CF1 and 2? GM readily shares that with dealers every week.

Is there any data to support the notion that the CF1 and 2 are being only installed on anniversary and track cars?
They're delivering vehicles with CF1 and 2 that aren't the anniversary or track editions. Seems like paying the 8k for maverick noir frost is enough to get CF.

Supposedly Chevy has found a new CF supplier for the Corvette that appears to have uncorked the constraints. Perhaps the same is about to happen with the Blackwing.

Supposedly Chevy has found a new CF supplier for the Corvette that appears to have uncorked the constraints. Perhaps the same is about to happen with the Blackwing.
They have a new supplier for the CF splitter and the price went up 50%.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back