Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Auto heated seats and steering wheel

Steelwing

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2023 CT4 V Blackwing
What are the parameters that determine when the heated seats/steering wheel automatically turn on at start up when enabled? Today I had them turn on with my HVAC off, outside temp was 48 degrees. Then it didn’t turn on the next time it started up, HVAC off, 56 degrees outside. Then it did turn on the third start up, HVAC off, 54 degrees outside. Maybe outside temp only? I figured it would be tied to HVAC setting. Thanks!

I didn’t even know they were automatic on. Hasn’t got cold enough here in the DMV to get them to kick on.

I didn’t even know they were automatic on. Hasn’t got cold enough here in the DMV to get them to kick on.
I didn’t know either. Mine was enabled from the factory. In infotainment settings you can enable/disable by going to climate or comfort section. Can’t remember exactly.

My vented/heated kick in automatically. I can tell you the other day I had my climate set to 69 and it was cold out, so I bumped it to 72 and it kicked on my heated seats and wheel.

I believe it's a setting you can turn on/off in the settings. RTFM

I believe it's a setting you can turn on/off in the settings. RTFM
Haha, yes I know that. My question was about what logic the car uses to turn it on when it’s enabled.

Oh, sorry. Outside ambient temperature. Not sure if the book gives those temps

Oh, sorry. Outside ambient temperature. Not sure if the book gives those temps
"when it is cold outside" seems to be the criteria per the manual, LOL.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back