Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Arod221 Shadow Metallic build thread

Hey all...been on here since the birth of the "GOAT RODEO" since I finally picked my car up I figured I would start the build thread. I understand that I am going to do a bunch of stuff to this car that most may disagree with, but as with everything else, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I appreciate all types of "constructive" criticism but would really appreciate the negative comments to be left out. That being said, on to the thread...

February 4th, 2022 (day 1)
The delivery pictures. Before anyone asks...the car is filthy. I asked the dealer not to clean the car because it was taken straight to my detail shop. (Elite Finish of San Diego)
list of things being done at Elite Finish
Full paint correction
STEK Dynomatte PPF entire car
Ceramic coating over PPF
remove all badges except front crest (if there are no holes in the trunk)
35% tint on sides and rear 50% tint on windshield
Fit and order 20" 3pc AL13 wheels

Ballpark cost of these items?
  • Full paint correction
  • STEK Dynomatte PPF entire car
  • Ceramic coating over PPF
I'm thinking of doing the same (in Atlanta), just curious.

Ballpark cost of these items?
  • Full paint correction
  • STEK Dynomatte PPF entire car
  • Ceramic coating over PPF
I'm thinking of doing the same (in Atlanta), just curious.
I can't speak on prices in your local area but I would think between 5-8K depending on the products they use and the time required for polishing the paint prior to installation. The price you pay is ALWAYS a direct reflection of the quality of work you'll get in return.

just FYI 99% of the wheel manufacturers of custom forged wheels will not share (even with the owners) the offsets. If I do get the full details of the wheels I will certainly do my best to reach out to individuals interested and let them know. It's not something that I will openly post out of respect for the manufacturers wishes.
I hope that doesn't sound too crappy but I also have to do what I can to stay on the manufacturers good side if I plan to work with them again.

for example, I still don't know what the offsets were on my Camaro wheels. I only know the diameter and widths. they wanted to keep the offsets secret because they put time and effort into measuring out the wheel wells which I'm sure the time and labor is factored into the cost of the wheels considering how much these forged wheels cost these days.

on the other hand, Mirza has been kind enough to give us the information on the factory wheels which gives people a very good idea of what offsets are possible given a little bit of at home/driveway measuring.

I know that 909motoring's owner in Ontario CA has a rift CT5-V BW that he has already put a 20x11(F) and 20X12.5(R) that being said there is a bunch of extra space under these fenders to play with.
I talked to him for about 4 hrs. and he wouldn't share his wheel offsets with me either.
Its not hard to figure out if we have the OEM specs for reference, then measuring how much more poke the new wheels have if we have the widths.
That's how it was when I had ForgeStar F14s made. Everyone would be like, love the fitment, what's your offset? I would shrug and say sorry, I dont know lol.
Forgestars gave me the specs for my C6z. Then again, those are pretty well known specs wise.

I can't speak on prices in your local area but I would think between 5-8K depending on the products they use and the time required for polishing the paint prior to installation. The price you pay is ALWAYS a direct reflection of the quality of work you'll get in return.
How much polishing and paint correction have you done so far? I know Cadillac paint can be hit or miss from the factory.

Forgestars gave me the specs for my C6z. Then again, those are pretty well known specs wise.
This was 2012 for the then new F30 3 series so it was still kept quiet.

Attachments

• F30 Paul Miller show.jpg
    F30 Paul Miller show.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 132
First mod I'm interested in is aftermarket wheel setup as well. I'd like something that allows the brakes to be more visible and fill in some of the gap to the rear fender especially when aligned with more camber for autocross. The bronze 6-pot calipers are so beautiful but you cannot see them with the OEM wheel design.

First mod I'm interested in is aftermarket wheel setup as well. I'd like something that allows the brakes to be more visible and fill in some of the gap to the rear fender especially when aligned with more camber for autocross. The bronze 6-pot calipers are so beautiful but you cannot see them with the OEM wheel design.
agreed, factory wheel design was almost like they wanted to build a performance car with a Cadillac luxury style wheel...completely missed the mark on wheel design but not a big deal as it clearly didn't deter me from purchasing the car.

How much polishing and paint correction have you done so far? I know Cadillac paint can be hit or miss from the factory.
It's going to be about 16-32 hours of just paint correction. the car was sent via and open carrier in the winter time....the paint was terrible! there were a bunch of surface scratches and the whole car had hard water etching all over it. it also sat outside in Lansing for almost 2 months before it was shipped.

to be perfectly fair....the paint is fine (with a good amount of polishing). its nowhere near as bad as Tesla paint at all. When its done it will be nearly perfect though minus a little orange peel. we aren't going to completely block sand the clear to get it completely smooth considering we are PPF'ing it.

March 17th, 2022 (day 42)
REVEAL DAY!!! Went down to Elite Finish in San Diego to finally see what it looked like. A list of items done is below.
STEK Dynomatte full car PPF
STEK Dynoflex windshield protectant
STEK Dynoshadow headlight, DRL, taillight, front and rear markers tint
STEK Dynocarbon gloss on upper and lower grille surrounds (yes carbon PPF over real carbon let the roasting begin)
STEK Dynogloss PPF over all Carbon pieces
CQuartz skin ceramic coating over all PPF
35% tint on sides and rear windows
50% tint on windshield

I am thrilled with how it all turned out. Shadow metallic looks amazing with matte PPF. We had planned on doing Dynocarbon on the roof but it would have been too difficult to tuck it around the sunroof moldings so we decided against it. Anyways on to the pictures.
42FE00C3-1606-4271-B505-DB6115C3F4BD.jpeg
327DD3A5-0D98-43D1-8E82-23C65C114BE9.jpeg
5C19C20C-0B8A-474F-8852-954D80EA1E48.jpeg
965E4E6A-CA0C-4404-B5BC-A236847165B1.jpeg

Last edited:
DAMN that looks amazing! Any more pics in the sunlight? Wow. I love the matte effect over Shadow!

REVEAL DAY!!! Went down to Elite Finish in San Diego to finally see what it looked like. A list of items done is below.
STEK Dynocarbon gloss on upper and lower grille surrounds (yes carbon PPF over real carbon let the roasting begin)
35% window tint on sides and rear
50% windshield tint

I am thrilled with how it all turned out. Shadow metallic looks amazing with matte PPF. We had planned on doing Dynocarbon on the roof but it would have been too difficult to tuck it around the sunroof moldings so we decided against it. Anyways on to the pictures.
Can you post a pic of the back of car?

I am thrilled with how it all turned out. Shadow metallic looks amazing with matte PPF. We had planned on doing Dynocarbon on the roof but it would have been too difficult to tuck it around the sunroof moldings so we decided against it. Anyways on to the pictures.View attachment 7704View attachment 7705View attachment 7706View attachment 7707
😍 Dark Azure Frost: DAF 😂

35% tint on sides and rear windows
50% tint on windshield

I am thrilled with how it all turned out. Shadow metallic looks amazing with matte PPF. We had planned on doing Dynocarbon on the roof but it would have been too difficult to tuck it around the sunroof moldings so we decided against it. Anyways on to the pictures.View attachment 7704View attachment 7705View attachment 7706View attachment 7707
That looks too freaking good. We need some shots outside in the natural sunlight though to get a feel for it's real world appearance.

Fantastic!
Any luck with the wheels yet? Didn’t I read somewhere you were considering going with Aerolarri wheels?
I am not going with aerolarri...that’s @Drozboyz who is getting aerolarri wheels. I ordered a set from AL13

just a couple more pics for the thread...picking the car up tomorrow from Air Ride Equipment in San Bernardino, CA....They're the same company who bagged to first C8 corvette, and a 488 Ferrari. They do a ton of Air Ride installs on all kinds of cars and trucks. I'm excited to see what it looks like when it's finished.
66931993313__3C9761BE-50EF-4901-A458-9889C85CE6D9.JPG
66931993313__3C9761BE-50EF-4901-A458-9889C85CE6D9.JPG
IMG_6099.JPG

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!