Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Are we sure CTS-V3 catbacks won't fit?

Champale

Seasoned Member
Looking at pictures guys have posted of their modified 5BW exhausts and comparing them to pictures of the 2016-19 CTS-V exhausts, they sure seem pretty similar. Those 16-19 Vs also have exhaust valves at the mufflers. Considering the 5BW platform is so similar to the previous V, I am wondering if catbacks would work. Borla and Corsa make them.

Has anyone tried this? @WONT TAP - any thoughts on this?

Update: emailed Borla today and they said they have been getting some interest in exhausts for the Blackwings. I would suggest that people start emailing them and telling them they want one. The sound clips for the S Type catback on the CTS-V3 sound incredible. Have used several Borlas over the years and they are always superb sounding with zero drone.

Update: emailed Borla today and they said they have been getting some interest in exhausts for the Blackwings. I would suggest that people start emailing them and telling them they want one. The sound clips for the S Type catback on the CTS-V3 sound incredible. Have used several Borlas over the years and they are always superb sounding with zero drone.
I put the Borla S-type on my Mother's Challenger and I has Corsa Xtremes on my Mustang before I traded to my Blackwing.

Both are fantastic brand options. I'll definitely reach out to them to see if we can convince them to make something for us.

I am convinced that the 5BW would be pretty much perfect with a little more exhaust noise, a little bit of blower whine, and a slightly better/tighter shift action on the 6sp. As it comes from the factory, it just needs a little bit of sharpening up.

I am convinced that the 5BW would be pretty much perfect with a little more exhaust noise, a little bit of blower whine, and a slightly better/tighter shift action on the 6sp. As it comes from the factory, it just needs a little bit of sharpening up.
I put the DSX SC Lid on mine and the blower whine is WAY more noticeable, now. It's a night and day difference. But I do wish the Exhaust was louder. I've used Corsa before, so I hope Borla makes a catback first so that I can try it out.

I put the DSX SC Lid on mine and the blower whine is WAY more noticeable, now. It's a night and day difference. But I do wish the Exhaust was louder. I've used Corsa before, so I hope Borla makes a catback first so that I can try it out.
Talk to me! What lid are you talking about please??

Talk to me! What lid are you talking about please??
DSX Tuning Supercharger Lid! They even let you Powdercoat and Engrave it. Forgive the poor phot quality.

I've felt SOME improvement to acceleration on the ol Butt-Dyno. But don't expect anything crazy. But even with the windows up, you hear it starting at 2k RPM and up. Easily my favorite mod so far!

Attachments

• 20231114_192710.jpg
    20231114_192710.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 42
  • 20231120_172059.jpg
    20231120_172059.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 38
Very very very interesting! Thank you for posting about that - had no idea a lid could make a difference with noise and power.

Very very very interesting! Thank you for posting about that - had no idea a lid could make a difference with noise and power.
Power, not so much. While I noticed a difference, it also got Colder in my area, so that could easily be the reason why. But the noise is a world's difference. If Borla or Corsa finally put out a Catback that can be used with the Kooks Headers, then I would argue that the Blackwing is set.

My old GT had a COMPLETE Chassis/Suspension upgrade directly from Steeda for racing.

The Blackwing feels just as tight through corners. It's not as solid when launching, but then again it's a track car, not a Drag missile like my mustang was.

But overall, Lowering Springs are all the Blackwing Suspension needs to be perfect.

From there, we already see people pushing close to 800 WHP without opening the motor. Once people start doing cams, Fueling, and heads, we will easily see 1000+WHP builds. I'm honestly having a hard time understanding how to build this motor because I'm used to the Coyote, which is ENTIRELY different to build.

Steeda makes great stuff. Had some Steeda parts on my old Boss 302 Laguna. Now I have a GT350R that needs nothing!

Will definitely research the lids and hopefully a quality company like Borla comes out with a catback. I appreciate your input, ValianceLT4!

Steeda makes great stuff. Had some Steeda parts on my old Boss 302 Laguna. Now I have a GT350R that needs nothing!

Will definitely research the lids and hopefully a quality company like Borla comes out with a catback. I appreciate your input, ValianceLT4!
Glad I could help!

I'm still learning about the LT4 motor and GM platforms in general. I've learned a lot, here.

As soon as someone makes a true Catback, ill hopefully be one of the first to buy one

Also new to the GM world myself. Lots to learn. And I find it really strange that the aftermarket world for these cars is basically dead. I don't want 1000hp or to put air bags on it, I just want a little more noise to make it even more exciting to drive.

I've
I also sent an email to Borla and Corsa this morning.

Borla already gave me a similar answer, but I'm waiting to hear from Corsa.

I found this on YouTube…corsa on CT5-V BW

From what I can tell, it's either a custom exhaust with Corsa parts, or clickbait. Corsa doesn't offer a true Catback or Axleback kit. But they sell individual mufflers for people doing custom work, which I believe was the case here.

I've seen that plate from the vanity thread. What's his S/N?

I'm still just not a huge fan of the way Corsas sound that video goes to my point. To my ears, the comparabale Borla Atak or Sport sounds better than the comparable Corsa.

I'm still just not a huge fan of the way Corsas sound that video goes to my point. To my ears, the comparabale Borla Atak or Sport sounds better than the comparable Corsa.
I've used both Corsa Xtreme and Borla S Type.

Corsa is great for really crisp high-rpm sound. Makes it sound like a sports car if that make sense.

Borla really tends to highlight the deep rumbling of Muscle car V8s.

For my mustang, the Corsa sounded fantastic at 5k+ RPM. But on my mother's Challenger, the Borla really highlights the deep tone we all know and love, carrying it through the rev range.

Having experience with both of the two, I would rather Borla over Corsa for the Blackwings.

Does anyone live by Southern California? AfE Power said they would work on one if someone could take them a 5BW to use for R&D. I'm in Miami so I sadly can't.

I've used both Corsa Xtreme and Borla S Type.

Corsa is great for really crisp high-rpm sound. Makes it sound like a sports car if that make sense.

Borla really tends to highlight the deep rumbling of Muscle car V8s.

For my mustang, the Corsa sounded fantastic at 5k+ RPM. But on my mother's Challenger, the Borla really highlights the deep tone we all know and love, carrying it through the rev range.

Having experience with both of the two, I would rather Borla over Corsa for the Blackwings.
I'm partial to the Corsa, I've had it on previous GM cars and it sounds the best IMO.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back