Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Anyone have pics or videos of Xpel Stealth PPF on their CT5BW?

Azzurrin

Since they're removing my two favorite colors, I think I'm gonna go with Raven Black, but I like the matte shine from the stealth PPF.

Has anyone here applied Xpel Stealth on their BW?

Thanks

Don’t have it on my BW, but did put it on my C8 and loved the look. Kept some contrast by doing gloss on the black parts.

That being said, the maintenance of the PPF really turned me off and probably won’t do it again. Not being able to even use a low pressure power washer for risk of getting water under the edge and ruining an entire panel took a lot of the fun out of washing my own car.

Hope this helps until somebody else steps in

Attachments

• IMG_1731.jpeg
    IMG_1731.jpeg
    41.3 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_1732.jpeg
    IMG_1732.jpeg
    70.7 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_1978.jpeg
    IMG_1978.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 91
Don’t have it on my BW, but did put it on my C8 and loved the look. Kept some contrast by doing gloss on the black parts.

That being said, the maintenance of the PPF really turned me off and probably won’t do it again. Not being able to even use a low pressure power washer for risk of getting water under the edge and ruining an entire panel took a lot of the fun out of washing my own car.

Hope this helps until somebody else steps in
Generally the only guidance I've seen is to avoid high pressure directly on the edges. Most good shops - especially if doing a full car/color change - will wrap under the edges of the body panels, further protecting them from damage. I've used a low pressure power washer on my vehicles with XPEL product with no issues - of course I've not targeted the edges of any bodel panel per the recommendations.

Generally the only guidance I've seen is to avoid high pressure directly on the edges. Most good shops - especially if doing a full car/color change - will wrap under the edges of the body panels, further protecting them from damage. I've used a low pressure power washer on my vehicles with XPEL product with no issues - of course I've not targeted the edges of any bodel panel per the recommendations.
Actually went in and talked to the shop today and they did talk about keeping the pressure low (cheap electric 1500-2000psi power washer w green tip) and keeping the tip of the wand 3-4’ away from the car. Don’t use it to try and clear bugs or other debris off. The C8 panels have some places that can’t be tucked under (rear lid for the convertible) which is where I had issues with water getting under the edge. They said on the BW that the lip between the front bumper and the front fenders doesn’t get tucked and can be a potential spot to be careful around.

Did full car but my paint was already matte. Emerald green frost…

Attachments

• IMG_2390.jpeg
    IMG_2390.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 91
  • IMG_2391.jpeg
    IMG_2391.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 81
  • IMG_2392.jpeg
    IMG_2392.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 85
  • IMG_2389.jpeg
    IMG_2389.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 90
I have a radiant red tintcoat on order and tempted to get it stealth wrapped, but not sure if I will get sick of it after a few years. I’m hoping to get 5-10 years out of the wrap before replacement.

I feel like I recall seeing someone on here with a red BW that had stealth wrap.

70930450641__B0B60DE8-C3AB-47C6-9697-77293EB06FF7.jpeg

Been out of town last few days but picking it up tomorrow. Had interior, wheels and engine bay coated as well as the Stealth PPF

Last edited:
IMG_4176.jpeg
IMG_4177.jpeg

They did the side skirts in gloss to match the rear diffuser but don’t care for it so swapping that to stealth as well, but otherwise car looks pretty amazing

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back