Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Anyone ever see these exhaust tips on a '22 CT4 BW before?

this poor guy went from worry about a cosmetic exhaust tip to now his whole suspension and wheels/tires might be screwed up. good job guys! haha

Suprise Reaction GIF by KNAPPSCHAFT

Internet detectives are on the case!

Concur. You can bet I'll be going over it with a more finely tuned comb the next time I'm next to the car.

Thanks everyone.

Chris E.

Those tips are hurting ma eyezzz. I'm about to start a go fund me for you so we can help you get all straightened out here.

Bring the BW back to it's former glory!

Concur. You can bet I'll be going over it with a more finely tuned comb the next time I'm next to the car.

Thanks everyone.

Chris E.
I don't think someone would try to pass off a CT4-V (non-BW) as a Blackwing. There are far too many very obvious details to do something like that.

My theory: someone got one, made a bunch of mods, and then decided to get rid of it and tried to put it back to stock as quickly as possible. The "return to stock" efforts do not appear to have been done with the level of care that someone who intended on keeping the car would have used, and you may have to do some repairs to get it back to OEM spec.

That's a very good theory too. There is no doubt it's a true BW. The VIN and the other Easter Eggs show it.

I've already ordered a correct BW exhaust and am currently doing the kabuki dance with the dealer who sold it to me to pay for it to make it right. I'll let you know what happens.

Chris E.

More than likely that exhaust "no longer meets federal emissions guidelines/requirements" or some other excuse-y type language that they violated in selling it to you. You may have a decent shot at getting them to fix that on their dime based on your local laws.

It was not purchased from a GM dealer. It was purchased from another very well known and national used car dealer that......I'm not disclosing at this time as we go through the negotiations for them to make it right.

Chris E.

I’d take it to a dealer and have them go over every bit of it to see how it’s been monkeyed with, then let’s see if they fix it.

I’d take it to a dealer and have them go over every bit of it to see how it’s been monkeyed with, then let’s see if they fix it.
Funny you should mention that. It's been to a Cadillac dealer but not gone over in detail. Just pulled the OBDII codes from the computer and the RPO build codes from the VIN.

The funny part of the story is that I was taking a buddy of mine to the Cadillac dealer to check on his order for his brand new CT5. He saw my CT4 one morning at breakfast....three days later sold his Buick....three days later he placed his order. He's still waiting.

Chris E.

Might be best to keep it away from a dealer, until its back to stock.
Don’t want some dealer trying to void your warranty over exhaust (or other) mods.

I don't think someone would try to pass off a CT4-V (non-BW) as a Blackwing. There are far too many very obvious details to do something like that.
I don't think anyone is suggesting it's not a BW, rather some of the details we are seeing are at a minimum interesting clues that would concern me about it's history. It could very well be just some honest mechanic hackery and nothing more and hope the OP can get it sorted without any out of pocket expense, or better yet get his money back and find a clean one.

kinda funny.. saw that same car for sale when I was on the market and dismissed it when I saw the jenky tips.. lost all faith in it. how's the rest of the car? good, hopefully?

there's no theory necessary or any sort of OEM consideration - someone had a shop swap the tips. I had assumed they chopped a lot of the rest of the exhaust off too and didn't want to deal with repairing or replacing it .. lol :)

UPDATE:

I've jumped through the hoops with the dealer to no avail. Despite me sending them multiple pics they basically stated that the exhaust "was appropriate for the vehicle" and no other explanation. I have escalated it to the corporate level and have a service ticket in with them. I probably won't hear from them until after the holiday. Up until now I have not revealed the dealer name due to the negotiations. But lets just say it might rhyme with "Jar Racks".

For some additional information, I have already purchased a stock exhaust for it. I paid for it and it's at my house and it WILL be going on the car to bring it back to original configuration (thank you jbawden for the link!) The question is: Is this dealer going to help me with it?

More updates to come.....

Thanks again for everybody's help
Chris E.

Last edited:

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace