Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Alignment Advice

Ty88

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2023 CT5 V Blackwing
Had the 5 BW aligned today. 2023 with 5,100 miles. Did they do it correctly and was it bad to begin with? I do not want a track alignment. Car drove fine before and feels fine after. No noticeable difference. Thanks for any comments and advice.

Attachments

• IMG_0079.jpeg
    IMG_0079.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 57
Had the 5 BW aligned today. 2023 with 5,100 miles. Did they do it correctly and was it bad to begin with? I do not want a track alignment. Car drove fine before and feels fine after. No noticeable difference. Thanks for any comments and advice.
Okay, I'll bite.

If there was nothing wrong before, why did you get an alignment to begin with?

Everything is fine. Caster is not adjustable and close enough. Everything else was in spec before and still in spec now!

Front toe was slightly off balance between both sides but that's about it. Everything is perfect afterwards.

Did it drift or steer a bit on one side ?

Okay, I'll bite.

If there was nothing wrong before, why did you get an alignment to begin with?

Everything is fine. Caster is not adjustable and close enough. Everything else was in spec before and still in spec now!
Thanks, and it is a good question. In my past experience with brand new cars the alignment is usually off from specification from the factory, even though you may not be able to feel it when driving. This can of course cause premature tire wear and I did not want to take the chance with this car and the rather expensive tires. I waited a bit (over 5,000 miles) to do the alignment because I wanted the suspension components to settle in. So glad to see this one was in spec from the factory.

Front toe was slightly off balance between both sides but that's about it. Everything is perfect afterwards.

Thanks. It drove just fine before the alignment.

That also could be that the steering wheel was slightly off center. We are talking about 0.035 deg off center.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back