Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V CTv-5 Blackwing at Gingerman

CT5-V Model

Mike Martz

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT5-V Blackwing Shadow Metallic Manual
I tracked my 5BW at Gingerman Raceway at an SCCA Track Night event. Great format, about three hours and we had 3x20 minute sessions. The track is a technical, little track that isn't particularly friendly to a 4000 lbs car but it was fun. The biggest mistake I made was going out with the Novice/Intermediate group. I just hadn't had much track time for a lot of years and none with this heavy a car (except for Spring Mountain). So traffic was bad and I didn't get many clean laps but was starting to come to grips with the track.
The car was completely stock (no track alignment or replaced brake fluid) and I could tell it needed the track alignment but it was fine for what little running I did. I ran formula cars and karts for over 25 years and I am frankly shocked how competent and fast this car is on a track. The veteran guys will laugh at that statement but hey, I didn't know :) But you do feel the weight (I did have one good tank slapper!)
It is going in tomorrow and having the brake fluid replaced with Castrol SRF. I was always a Motul guy but the pros on this site seem to like the Castrol so I am reading and listening to all the advice! I hope to do a few more track days this year and I will be getting a track alignment. Please keep sharing your experiences, recommendations and suggestions!

Last edited:
My old Evo loved that place. Then Autobahn came around and I never looked back. We are lucky to have options around us. Blackhawk Farms, Elkhart Lake, etc..

What group did you run with at Grattan?
In the blackwing I’ve only done it on a private rental day but have run several times with the lotus club toward the end of the season. They put on a good event if you’re looking for one coming up.

In the blackwing I’ve only done it on a private rental day but have run several times with the lotus club toward the end of the season. They put on a good event if you’re looking for one coming up.
Thanks!

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners