Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

AFM?

I think the AFM would do quite a bit if you are on extended highway cruising with no variable speed changes. Not sure if all the issues with the special lifters and crap for AFM have been resolved so not sure it's worth it or not.

I have a manual tranny so ill see if it comes on during my next highway ride. I don't really care what the gas mileage is since I knew she was gonna be a pig (and she sure is), but if I had an option id actually prefer that the car I bought with a V8 stays just that... a V8.
Agree with all of this. I quite enjoy my 13 mpg. Plenty of other choices if you care about mileage.

Agree with all of this. I quite enjoy my 13 mpg. Plenty of other choices if you care about mileage.
Coming soon! New Acura Integra! Now with 6 speed and looks only a mother can love… oh and 4 cylinders.

My 2019 Z06 automatic does have AFM. Keeping the trans in manual mode blocks the engine from disabling cylinders

Had it in the V3 and apparently now the BW. NEVER activates when you're getting on it so I don't mind at all IF it really improves fuel economy. My gut (not data) is that it activated much more in my suburban driving with the V3 than the BW.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back