Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

ADM Additional Dealer Markup

For gm employees or for all people financing? I plan on getting approved by my credit union and seeing how well the dealership can do against it.
I found a credit union doing 2.05 now, but who know what it will be this summer....I'm saving $$$ like mad and hope to just finance 1/3 of the total cost..

69B82901-5E7F-47BF-B05E-16AEAA352F12.jpeg
Dealer told me GMS is GM employees. Supplier is GM Supplier Discount. He told me even if GM did not exclude the Blackwing from the Supplier discount, the dealer would not give me the discount.
Edited to add I have an additional 2 G’s that the salesman was “forced to add” for “Market adjustment” even though he “fought for me” and it would have been more.

Last edited:
View attachment 3094Dealer told me GMS is GM employees. Supplier is GM Supplier Discount. He told me even if GM did not exclude the Blackwing from the Supplier discount, the dealer would not give me the discount.
Edited to add I have an additional 2 G’s that the salesman was “forced to add” for “Market adjustment” even though he “fought for me” and it would have been more.
what additional $2000? That is clearly an ADM (additional dealer mark-up) same thing that Toyota dealers add to Tacoma's in Southern California...They tend to try to add a $5000 Market Adjustment charge because they are "popular" here in San Diego especially. You might want to find a different dealer. I know Marvin K. Brown in San Diego is not charging $1.00 over the MSRP + DFC.

View attachment 3094Dealer told me GMS is GM employees. Supplier is GM Supplier Discount. He told me even if GM did not exclude the Blackwing from the Supplier discount, the dealer would not give me the discount.
Interesting that it shows the supplier discount as a possibility. This whole time I've been assuming that the supplier discount would likely not be valid on the blackwings, since the corvettes aren't currently listed as eligible (I figured the corvette is the only other "high demand" car that GM makes). Does anyone know how this program works on the dealer's end? Like, who is making up the cost of the discount, is it the dealer, or is it GM? I'm going to call my dealership tomorrow to ask them if I can use my supplier discount but I don't have high hopes, especially since it's the last day to place orders (no time to transfer to another dealership)

What a guy! 🙄 Again, these are our reservations not their allocations.

Interesting that it shows the supplier discount as a possibility. This whole time I've been assuming that the supplier discount would likely not be valid on the blackwings, since the corvettes aren't currently listed as eligible (I figured the corvette is the only other "high demand" car that GM makes). Does anyone know how this program works on the dealer's end? Like, who is making up the cost of the discount, is it the dealer, or is it GM? I'm going to call my dealership tomorrow to ask them if I can use my supplier discount but I don't have high hopes, especially since it's the last day to place orders (no time to transfer to another dealership)
I believe it is GM. My dealer was happy to use the Educators Discount (same as supplier discount) rather than a discount from MSRP, which would equal less profit for them, when I purchased my ZL1 1LE. It’s a win win from what I understand.

what additional $2000? That is clearly an ADM (additional dealer mark-up) same thing that Toyota dealers add to Tacoma's in Southern California...They tend to try to add a $5000 Market Adjustment charge because they are "popular" here in San Diego especially. You might want to find a different dealer. I know Marvin K. Brown in San Diego is not charging $1.00 over the MSRP + DFC.
Yes it is a markup. Unfortunately, I just got back in country last week and didn’t have time to try and go through the process of finding a new dealer before the deadline.

I believe it is GM. My dealer was happy to use the Educators Discount (same as supplier discount) rather than a discount from MSRP, which would equal less profit for them, when I purchased my ZL1 1LE. It’s a win win from what I understand.
He “fought for me” to get a lower markup than his bosses wanted because of the fact I’m military. No mention of any discount for that though. I also have access to GM Supplier because of civilian job, but as I stated, the dealership wouldn’t allow that, even if GM does.

But you can/could use the Supplier Discount on cars like the ZL1

If I'm remembering correctly, I think we were able to use supplier and GMS on the CTS-V3 and ATS-V when they released, but they didn't have this fancy reservation process.

The only reason there's still no discounts on the C8 Corvette is all the production delays. Still almost a 15 month wait time for orders I think

I really hope that we have good financing deal when our cars arrive. This is going to be the most expensive car that I've ever bought so any help would be good. Hopefully, by then BTC and stocks will have made some profit as well ;)

So I have spent the past 2 weeks pestering the sales manager who handled my CT5-V BW order. I was really pushing him for an agreement on MSRP. This was all by email as I can never seem to get him on the phone and no response my texts. But here are responses I got back from him to my successive emails about MSRP (usually after a couple of days going):

"Looks like you have everything covered. I will keep you posted on the progress."

"Got your back. We are good!"

"I'll be in touch."

And this past Monday morning, I emailed that I wanted a signed purchase agreement indicating MSRP as the price. No response at all. So I was done. In looking thru the MSRP thread, I saw someone post another dealer about 30 miles from me, Paul Conte, also on Long Island. So figured I go with them but just wanted to confirm with Cadillac that I could still switch dealers. I tried calling Cadillac Concierge on Wed and yesterday and got bounced around both times with no one knowing what to do.

So then a huge shoutout to @SVTnSTi who posted about Paul Conte and connected me with their sales manager, Tim, who handled his order. I emailed Tim yesterday afternoon and had a response within 90 mins (and on his day off, no less). I told him about getting no where with Concierge and my concern with switching dealers so as to not lose my reservation if we had to cancel and re-create the order. He immediately pulled in his regional sales rep who handled the whole move.

Now most of this occurred between 4pm and 10pm last night through emails back and forth on the whole thing. Tim got in at 11am today and I had a new order number and signed purchase agreement for MSRP before noon. Everything done by email and with absolutely no hassle. And they didn't charge me another $1000 deposit. The regional rep also said they would do that once I get a credit for initial $1000 deposit from my original dealer.

Now I know it's really the dealer and not the sales person who adds the ADM. But I am pissed about the sales manager stringing me along. Too bad! His loss!

But the real cherry on this was the email response that finally came from my original sales manager about my ask on Monday for a purchase agreement specifying MSRP:

"I will be back to you soon. Enjoy the weekend."

It came in exactly 5 minutes after I received my new order and purchase agreement from Paul Conte. :boogie

I haven't responded. Deciding whether I send a "break-up email" or let him find out on his own? 🤔

I'm surprised to hear that about Cadillac Customer care. They handled my inquiries and then my transfer easily.

So I have spent the past 2 weeks pestering the sales manager who handled my CT5-V BW order. I was really pushing him for an agreement on MSRP. This was all by email as I can never seem to get him on the phone and no response my texts. But here are responses I got back from him to my successive emails about MSRP (usually after a couple of days going):

"Looks like you have everything covered. I will keep you posted on the progress."

"I'll be in touch."

And this past Monday morning, I emailed that I wanted a signed purchase agreement indicating MSRP as the price. No response at all. So I was done. In looking thru the MSRP thread, I saw someone post another dealer about 30 miles from me, Paul Conte, also on Long Island. So figured I go with them but just wanted to confirm with Cadillac that I could still switch dealers. I tried calling Cadillac Concierge on Wed and yesterday and got bounced around both times with no one knowing what to do.

So then a huge shoutout to @SVTnSTi who posted about Paul Conte and connected me with their sales manager, Tim, who handled his order. I emailed Tim yesterday afternoon and had a response within 90 mins (and on his day off, no less). I told him about getting no where with Concierge and my concern with switching dealers so as to not lose my reservation if we had to cancel and re-create the order. He immediately pulled in his regional sales rep who handled the whole move.

Now most of this occurred between 4pm and 10pm last night through emails back and forth on the whole thing. Tim got in at 11am today and I had a new order number and signed purchase agreement for MSRP before noon. Everything done by email and with absolutely no hassle. And they didn't charge me another $1000 deposit. The regional rep also said they would do that once I get a credit for initial $1000 deposit from my original dealer.

Now I know it's really the dealer and not the sales person who adds the ADM. But I am pissed about the sales manager stringing me along. Too bad! His loss!

But the real cherry on this was the email response that finally came from my original sales manager about my ask on Monday for a purchase agreement specifying MSRP:

It came in exactly 5 minutes after I received my new order and purchase agreement from Paul Conte. :boogie

I haven't responded. Deciding whether I send a "break-up email" or let him find out on his own? 🤔
As a fellow NYer, I'm curious who your original dealer was. Also, I say let them find out on their own. If a manager can't be straight with you no need to extend them that courtesy.

"I'll be in touch."

I would send the break-up email!

As a fellow NYer, I'm curious who your original dealer was. Also, I say let them find out on their own. If a manager can't be straight with you no need to extend them that courtesy.
I will respond via PM. Same goes for anyone else who wants to know. I am not looking to slam them.

I've said this several times before, and I'll say it again, if you want MSRP and don't want to pay adjusted dealer markups or market adjustments, get a signed P&S agreement. It takes a few minutes for a dealer to write one up and sign it. They're going to re-do the paperwork with all of the final details once the car is built and you're ready to take delivery, but until then, at least you have documentation in writing and a signature, and most dealerships have a notary on site, get it notarized

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back