Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Academy failure

conipc

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2023 CT4-V Blackwing
I was told to call 9/11 for a seat at the Academy 2-day course. When I did, I was advised all seats had been taken over the previous weekend, as "someone" did not close the access to the dates on the website. Anyone else get shut out? Has a faint odor to it. Only the very courteous, nice Gina Saurdiff there apologized--no one further up the line. I understand first-come first-served and that mistakes happen, but this stinks....

I was told to call 9/11 for a seat at the Academy 2-day course. When I did, I was advised all seats had been taken over the previous weekend, as "someone" did not close the access to the dates on the website. Anyone else get shut out? Has a faint odor to it. Only the very courteous, nice Gina Saurdiff there apologized--no one further up the line. I understand first-come first-served and that mistakes happen, but this stinks....

When I looked at the title I got excited that someone managed to fail out of V academy for being that bad.

When I looked at the title I got excited that someone managed to fail out of V academy for being that bad.
I got excited too, I was hoping there would be a video in this thread.

This is a real problem. My car arrived at dealership in mid Feb 2023 (After sitting in DTW since Sept 2022). Dealer started my warranty in Feb. Shouldn't have started it then but they did. Car had paint issue so I actually didn't take delivery of car till early April. I have been trying to get a slot to go to training since May but have missed the heads up e mail that preceded the limited distribution of slots that go in less than 1 hour once they are released. The slots are so few and the allocation process so sporadic it is simply a matter of being in the right place at the right time I front of your computer to secure this valuable 5BW ownership benefit.I know my window is shrinking for getting a Jan. or Feb. 2024 slot and so far no slots have ever been released. More high anxiety for the Blackwing ownership experience. Everything with this car is a non customer friendly, non standardized, quirky pain in the butt. The Blackwing badge! Gm promotional literature says it comes on 2023 5BW's. Unfortunately some cars built in Aug-Sept 2022 were delivered without them being installed. Like mine. Cars after Sept all have them on delivery. Called Cadillac customer care and they said they would ship me one. Never came so I called them back and they said they don't ship them anymore and I need to go to a GM dealer and buy one for myself. WTF!!!! They say it comes with the car! I love the car and think it is a quality product but I get the feeling Cadillac thinks it's sort off neat to mind F*ck their customers around in all these customer interactions that should be handled without all the drama of the unknown all the time. Just picked up my second c8 with outstanding customer service from beginning to end. No surprises, no drama. Corvette Division: they say, they do, it's done. Cadillac Division: they say, it might, it didn't, do it yourself, we don't know when-where-why or who, surprise it's here!!!!

This is a real problem. My car arrived at dealership in mid Feb 2023 (After sitting in DTW since Sept 2022). Dealer started my warranty in Feb. Shouldn't have started it then but they did. Car had paint issue so I actually didn't take delivery of car till early April. I have been trying to get a slot to go to training since May but have missed the heads up e mail that preceded the limited distribution of slots that go in less than 1 hour once they are released. The slots are so few and the allocation process so sporadic it is simply a matter of being in the right place at the right time I front of your computer to secure this valuable 5BW ownership benefit.I know my window is shrinking for getting a Jan. or Feb. 2024 slot and so far no slots have ever been released. More high anxiety for the Blackwing ownership experience. Everything with this car is a non customer friendly, non standardized, quirky pain in the butt. The Blackwing badge! Gm promotional literature says it comes on 2023 5BW's. Unfortunately some cars built in Aug-Sept 2022 were delivered without them being installed. Like mine. Cars after Sept all have them on delivery. Called Cadillac customer care and they said they would ship me one. Never came so I called them back and they said they don't ship them anymore and I need to go to a GM dealer and buy one for myself. WTF!!!! They say it comes with the car! I love the car and think it is a quality product but I get the feeling Cadillac thinks it's sort off neat to mind F*ck their customers around in all these customer interactions that should be handled without all the drama of the unknown all the time. Just picked up my second c8 with outstanding customer service from beginning to end. No surprises, no drama. Corvette Division: they say, they do, it's done. Cadillac Division: they say, it might, it didn't, do it yourself, we don't know when-where-why or who, surprise it's here!!!!

Your experience with Spring Mountain isn't typical. You call...tell them you need a BW school. Tell them what car/config you want. They email you when dates become available.

If for some reason you can't get into a class within a year, they will happily extend your eligibility.

Your experience with Spring Mountain isn't typical. You call...tell them you need a BW school. Tell them what car/config you want. They email you when dates become available.

If for some reason you can't get into a class within a year, they will happily extend your eligibility.
Thanks, good to know.

the slots actually opened up on 9/11 for a few dates towards the end of the year. I was hoping they would open up the 2024 calendar, but I managed to get a slot blocked off at the end of the year...

Spring mountain has like 20 blackwings & 600 corvettes

Spring mountain has like 20 blackwings & 600 corvettes

Seeing all those brand new Z06 just getting baked in the sun day in and out was unsettling. But it is what it is....right? I will never buy a used Corvette after seeing that.

Seeing all those brand new Z06 just getting baked in the sun day in and out was unsettling. But it is what it is....right? I will never buy a used Corvette after seeing that.
At least with the base c8 spring mountain purchases those for use then sells them. Not sure about the z06. With the blackwings GM loans them the cars and some of them were actually preproduction cars missing certain things like the track maps on the shifter paddle covers found in the manual cars.

SM can only accommodate so many people for so few cars. When I was there last December, they only had around 20 BW's in both 4's and 5's with manual and automatics. I was told that they had 250 C8's on site. Apparently the vettes are a dime a dozen from GM. The BWs are like hen's teeth.
Here's a question........how many would go to the school IF you were allowed to bring your own car ?

SM can only accommodate so many people for so few cars. When I was there last December, they only had around 20 BW's in both 4's and 5's with manual and automatics. I was told that they had 250 C8's on site. Apparently the vettes are a dime a dozen from GM. The BWs are like hen's teeth.
Here's a question........how many would go to the school IF you were allowed to bring your own car ?
I would not bring my car, but instead would opt for a Corvette. If fact I was thinking of going back next year to the Corvette school. If I consider all the costs associated with tracking my 5BW the SM school is a deal.

I was at SM the last two days and learned if you want private lessons, you can bring your car to save money or use theirs and pay them more money - your choice.

I rather use their car, wear their tires, brakes and consume their 100 octane race gas. Their car is already set with track alignment which is not good for the street, so you would either have trailer your car or get the Pahrump Chevrolet dealer to perform.

For me, I would use their car and have fun.

I was at SM the last two days and learned if you want private lessons, you can bring your car to save money or use theirs and pay them more money - your choice.

I rather use their car, wear their tires, brakes and consume their 100 octane race gas. Their car is already set with track alignment which is not good for the street, so you would either have trailer your car or get the Pahrump Chevrolet dealer to perform.

For me, I would use their car and have fun.
I drive my car in track alignment all the time. Track use wears the outsides more and the track alignment the insides. It balances out then that way. I still wear out my outsides before the insides even with all driving being in track alignment.

I drive my car in track alignment all the time. Track use wears the outsides more and the track alignment the insides. It balances out then that way. I still wear out my outsides before the insides even with all driving being in track alignment.
Sounds like you do a lot of city driving with many fast turns so understandable for sure.

What I meant to say was you would be fine back and forth to the Pahrump dealer & SM, but driving hundreds of highway miles between States to SM for example with very little turning would prematurely put excess wear on the inside of the tires from my past experience.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back