Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

A10 4 or 5BW Owners, how do ya really feel!

Reckon the same roads in Tour and it gets there? To 10th I mean. Guessing track + giving it the beans = dynamic sport mode or whatever it's called, that gets you a more aggressive shift pattern?
In tour or sport it gets to 10 and shifts "normally". In track, it holds gears longer to high revs. I only saw dynamic mode a few times up in the mountains when I was driving, um, spirited.

why are so many people in this thread so defensive. OP is literally asking for thoughts. Not saying one is better than the other, not trying to start some war. If you have an A10 share your thoughts of the transmission. Positives, Negatives, Wishes. Why is that so hard?
Wasnt difficult for me, I already did that. See post #16.
And like shbox said, it always turns into a pissing contest.

Cool. Ever go to any of the Virginia or Memphis meets?
No, but my website (shbox.com) has out lived fbody.org and still helping the next generation of owners. ;)

No, but my website (shbox.com) has out lived fbody.org and still helping the next generation of owners. ;)
Very nice!!!! Now bookmarked for when I run into a problem with my '94 Trans Am GT. Thanks!

1997 Memphis Meet1.jpg

Eh? Insulting? OK I'll do better from here. Where's TY, is there a SOP I'm not following? Help a guy out ;)

I'm happy to navigate around the nonsense best I can and continue the OP as many of us were, but if you're going to post something 'meant to be humourous' and it's clearly waaaaay past its sell-by date, don't get your knickers in a twist if someone replies to it.

Xoxo
The SOP is dick jokes.

Love the A10! I love the different personalities it has and that they are configurable. I love how quick it shifts when you get on it - and the sound of those shifts! - it sounds like a race car! My experience is limited, never driven a DCT, but I have zero complaints.

It’s your money, your car. Buy what you want. Why would anyone even remotely care what type of car I like to spend my money on.
Nobody cares what type of car you spend your money on. I mean that with absolute total sincerity. None of the internet randos here care what you drive. This thread isn't "Why did internet rando Snowwolfe buy his car with that transmission configuration". 😉

I get for many people 'every' topic has been done to death. Guess what, we're not all the same. We all didn't come to the brand at the same time. We all don't have the same baseline info... and heaven forbid we can be interested in different things too. I get some folks seem to exist in an echo chamber and bring it here, where even the gentlest of differing opinions or pushback or pisstakes is taken as some great affront: it isn't, it just isn't 🥱

Anyhoo enough editorialising.
I'm a manual guy, new to Caddy, and interested in the OP's thread, because I legit don't know much about the subject. Hence questions and back and forths with other users and that is great and at least this single user has found this thread (the On topic parts at least) useful, thanks OP!

I prefer the A10 in my Escalade V and the six-speed in my 5BW. They both suit the respective vehicles very well.

I prefer the A10 in my Escalade V and the six-speed in my 5BW. They both suit the respective vehicles very well.
Agreed but I am just imagining a 6 speed manual in an Escalade V. That would be pretty wild to see someone banging gears in an Escalade. :)

Agreed but I am just imagining a 6 speed manual in an Escalade V. That would be pretty wild to see someone banging gears in an Escalade. :)
Totally agree, but practically speaking a manual in an Escalade V would have a very low take rate. The exhaust is wild enough in the VSlade to keep things entertaining. ;)

Need a manual in the Escalade. It's rated at 11/16 mpg and with a manual and some luck I bet we can get that rating down to 9/14 mpg.
I'm averaging 10mpg in the VSlade, but I love hearing the engine rev and the pops on decel. Totally worth it. :D

I'm averaging 10mpg in the VSlade, but I love hearing the engine rev and the pops on decel. Totally worth it. :D
I am pretty sure you can get the down to about 6mpg. You need to keep your foot in it. ;)

I have an A10 in my blackwing. I think it’s great. I also have a c8 with the dual clutc. In my opinion i prefer the A10. I have driven the M6 in a ct4 blackwing and it’s fun. but when everyday driving is also a factor I don’t want to “have” to shift.

On a side note I have a 1960 nash metropolitan that has a 3 on the tree. That’s wild

I, too, have A10 in my 4BW. It’s my DD, so makes no sense to have a manual. I’ve had a DCT on my F10 M5, F82, and F86. I’ve had extensive seat time in PDK (non GT cars). And IMHO, the A10 in the BW is just as good as those other automatics. I have never driven M6 on the 4BW, but I can’t imagine that it is better than my 981 GT4. Therefore, I am more than satisfied with my A10 4BW.

Dumb question: with the A10 do you still need to step on the brake to engage the parking brake or is being in P enough?

The M6 makes you do clutch, as well as brake, which is overkill, so was wondering.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back