Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

A10 4 or 5BW Owners, how do ya really feel!

When on track the A10 typically goes into performance shift mode so it will hold gears and keep the revs up based on the g-forces from acceleration, cornering and braking. On the highway when cruising it will shift into the higher gears and keep the revs very low.
Think that would be really fun to dial in and play with. I'm hardly a track demon, way way more a Captain Slow, so with my remedial skills it would be nice to drop the M6 off at the door so to speak and hop in an A10 to do an HPDE. Someone was mentioning Turo in another thread, hmm 🤠

beating a dead horse wtf GIF

This post has turned into,

I am going to start an "engine break-in" thread. ;)

insulting me again? 90% of my post are just meant to be humorous...
Eh? Insulting? OK I'll do better from here. Where's TY, is there a SOP I'm not following? Help a guy out ;)

I'm happy to navigate around the nonsense best I can and continue the OP as many of us were, but if you're going to post something 'meant to be humourous' and it's clearly waaaaay past its sell-by date, don't get your knickers in a twist if someone replies to it.

Xoxo

beating a dead horse wtf GIF

This post has turned into,
Even though she hadn't eaten her alfalfa pellets in days, I thought she just took a really long nap. I got a little suspicious when the blowflies came but then again hygiene never was high on her list of priorities. Lately she had spent most of her time trying to figure out why goats got to join the Blackwing rodeo instead of horses, and why people spend so much time debating 6MT vs A10 when both come with 668 of her friends to pull a single carriage. Rest her soul, she never was able to get to the bottom either of those mysteries.

I'm not a die hard, must have a manual fan.

However I did get the manual because the Tremec is still supposedly a great manual compared to its peers (really only the M3 manual competes and that's not a great manual). I did not get the 10 speed auto because while it's good, but not as great as the ZF 8 speed in BMW M cars, at least based on my experience with its application in the Camaro SS.

Think that would be really fun to dial in and play with. I'm hardly a track demon, way way more a Captain Slow, so with my remedial skills it would be nice to drop the M6 off at the door so to speak and hop in an A10 to do an HPDE. Someone was mentioning Turo in another thread, hmm 🤠

I hear you. On track I actually prefer the A10 since I am just an average driver. The A10 lets you focus more on hitting your apexes while keeping you in the right gear. Unless you are Randy Pobst you will be faster around the track in the A10.

Last edited:
I hear you. On track I actually prefer the A10 since I am just an average driver. The A10 lets you focus more on hitting your apexes while keep you in the right gear. Unless you are Randy Pobst you will be faster around the track in the A10.

Randy Pobst would be the first to admit he would be faster around the track in the A10, but would not enjoy it as much.

These threads were so much easier when it was T56 vs. 4L60E on the 4th gen F-Body forums.
THIS^^^

I authored and maintained the FAQ on f-body.org "back in the day". I swear, I was this --> <-- close to adding the question: "Which is better, T56 or 4L60E?" Not much changes in 20+ years.

In all seriousness, having a FAQ for this forum might not be such a bad idea. If anything it could provide links to the respective threads. That is, until @Rob accidentally deletes them. 😉

happy super bowl GIF by Robert E Blackmon

THIS^^^

I authored and maintained the FAQ on f-body.org "back in the day". I swear, I was this --> <-- close to adding the question: "Which is better, T56 or 4L60E?" Not much changes in 20+ years.

In all seriousness, having a FAQ for this forum might not be such a bad idea. If anything it could provide links to the respective threads. That is, until @Rob accidentally deletes them. 😉

happy super bowl GIF by Robert E Blackmon
aroused goat GIF

I'm not surprised more people elected to buy the A10 than the M6.
Thats a head scratcher? Given, how the V team pushed hard "upper management" to get the M6 produced and more importantly how cool both BW's are in the manual. They really are a "unicorn's". Maybe age, hmmm?

Randy Pobst would be the first to admit he would be faster around the track in the A10, but would not enjoy it as much.
There are some cars he manages to get better times in the manual. Depends on gearing. I think the 4 would have a better shot at beating it's auto twin opposed to the 5

It’s your money, your car. Buy what you want. Why would anyone even remotely care what type of car I like to drive?
why are so many people in this thread so defensive. OP is literally asking for thoughts. Not saying one is better than the other, not trying to start some war. If you have an A10 share your thoughts of the transmission. Positives, Negatives, Wishes. Why is that so hard?

why are so many people in this thread so defensive. OP is literally asking for thoughts. Not saying one is better than the other, not trying to start some war. If you have an A10 share your thoughts of the transmission. Positives, Negatives, Wishes. Why is that so hard?
'cause people inevitably turn it into a pissing match...

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back