Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

5BW without Parking Pkg?

Evil Twin

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2023 5BW built, waiting for delivery....
Finalizing options with my dealer and considering not adding the parking package to a 5BW order? It’s not overly expensive, just looking to limit the amount of electronic stuff that may not even get delivered…

Anyone out there without this package? I assume the car still has a reverse camera? Just not the digital rear view mirror and HD surround?

Finalizing options with my dealer and considering not adding the parking package to a 5BW order? It’s not overly expensive, just looking to limit the amount of electronic stuff that may not even get delivered…

Anyone out there without this package? I assume the car still has a reverse camera? Just not the digital rear view mirror and HD surround?
I have a 4BW which has no parking package, and somehow I am able to park the car without issue. 🤷‍♂️

I don't think you'll have a problem! 👍

If you don't get CF2, it comes with the hands free trunk release as well. Something I have become accustomed to in my cars. But, obviously nice to have and not needed. But, when I spend $100K+ on a car I want what I want.

I have the parking package and actually use the front camera to see how far away I am from those concrete parking lot curbs. I have a two car driveway and I like the above image showing my entire car when backing up. The side cameras , not so much.

For how inexpensive it is I'm surprised GM hasn't just made it standard equipment.

If its not in constraint your car won't be delayed if you select it so I'd get it. For me not having the parking package is a no go, I like those features and think they should be included on a 100k vehicle.

I don't disagree, I'm just not entirely clear what is and is not included if you don't opt for the package. I understand the package to include:
- Air Ionizer (meh)
- Rear Camera Mirror (nice)
- Hands-free deck lid release (okay)

But I'm confused about:
  • HD Surround Vision1
  • Surround Vision Recorder1(standard on V-Series Blackwing)
So...does that mean Surround vision is included? Or not? Hard to have recorder be standard but the surround vision not?

I don't disagree, I'm just not entirely clear what is and is not included if you don't opt for the package. I understand the package to include:
- Air Ionizer (meh)
- Rear Camera Mirror (nice)
- Hands-free deck lid release (okay)

But I'm confused about:
  • HD Surround Vision1
  • Surround Vision Recorder1(standard on V-Series Blackwing)
So...does that mean Surround vision is included? Or not? Hard to have recorder be standard but the surround vision not?
the surround vision is standard on the blackwing and you don't have to get the parking package to have it. the parking package on the blackwing is just the 3 items you listed and that's it.

It's worth the price of admission for the rear camera mirror. The tech has really come a long way, and I use the camera at all times of day and all weather conditions.

My 5BW was built on 9/8/22 and has the parking package on the car. Should not restrict your build.

When I ordered my 23‘ 5BW the parking package was tied to supercruise when selecting automatic trans so I was unable to add it to my order. Pissed me off to no end as I have it on my 22 CT5V non BW.

I noticed that when using the rear view camera at night, you can see behind better than just using the mirror. Not as dark. One thing that I have found a bit annoying was that when backing up and the rear view camera comes on the dash, if I try to do something like change a radio station or push the home screen button, the camera view won't go off until I start driving forward.

I noticed that when using the rear view camera at night, you can see behind better than just using the mirror. Not as dark. One thing that I have found a bit annoying was that when backing up and the rear view camera comes on the dash, if I try to do something like change a radio station or push the home screen button, the camera view won't go off until I start driving forward.
Not sure if this will work, but it does in some other situations where you can't seem to get rid of what is on the big screen--hit the back button on the console.

And yes, I like that the rearview mirror camera has a more lit up view when it gets dark.

Im a bit confused now. I too have the above car view as well as the front view, 360 etc… i dont think i have the handsfree trunk release (never tried) and i dont have the digital rear view. Can we purchase the shark fin with the camera in it and just swap out the old one and have it work properly?

Im a bit confused now. I too have the above car view as well as the front view, 360 etc… i dont think i have the handsfree trunk release (never tried) and i dont have the digital rear view. Can we purchase the shark fin with the camera in it and just swap out the old one and have it work properly?

Don't have the rear view mirror package, But I use the DIC, and the image is fantastic with the 360 view cameras! Is this mirror package in addition to the 360 view cameras? If so, sounds redundant? I use the 360 cameras all the time especially when parking head first with the CF splitter. Day or night works great.

No hands free trunk release on mine.

the kit @Sticker Boy posted is exactly what i was looking for, thanks. Its to add the rearview digital camera to the cars that didnt come optioned with it.

Last edited:

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners