Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

5BW - am I crazy for wanting more initial brake bite on the iron rotors?

Champale

Seasoned Member
I am wondering if anyone has gone with different brake pads to make the initial bite a little stronger? I have tried the brakes extensively in all 3 pedal modes but none of them really improve that initial feeling when getting on the brakes. Yes, the pads work well when you are really on them but I prefer the overall brake feel of my GT350R and now-departed FK8 Type R (both with stock brakes). And for those wondering - I burnished the pads appropriately when the car was brand new.

If you have changed your pads, please give us some feedback. I have used Ferodo 2500s on multiple other cars with great results so maybe that is the direction I will head.

I have DTC-60 brake pads, much improved bite, still no where near as responsive as an FK8. and the dust, its almost comical

I have DTC 70 front and DTC 60 Rear, but I wouldn't run them with stock tires.

I also have Hawks 5.0 I have used on the street. They had more initial bite than factory.
I have recently changed to CCBS for the street.

Thank you for the feedback. Looking at the Hawk charts, I feel like maybe one step up from the 5.0 might be what I am looking for.

If you have time, give Ken @ KNS brakes a buzz. He has a wealth of knowledge on brake compounds that will work with these calipers.

Yes, thank you - I have bought many pads from him over the years for a bunch of cars. He really is a great resource.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back