Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

4BW to 5V for more interior room?

Sold my Z06 and got a V3. That lasted a few months since I missed driving stick. Why Caddy made manual ATS-V but not manual V3s is beyond me. I would have kept that thing and not even look at BWs if that thing was stick.

Sold my Z06 and got a V3. That lasted a few months since I missed driving stick. Why Caddy made manual ATS-V but not manual V3s is beyond me. I would have kept that thing and not even look at BWs if that thing was stick.
I don't blame any of these companies not making manuals. It never made financial sense a few years ago with how low the take rate was. Then manuals damn near dried up, and the thirst for manuals became so corked up from the limited pool of manual drivers, that we are just all throwing ourselves nowadays at performance manual cars when any are being released, knowing it's going to be one of the last ones. Companies are now realizing what I've believed all my life: speed isn't everything. It's about enjoyment. Writing on the wall for ICE and manuals have us all desperate and FOMO(fear of missing out for those who've never heard the term)

I feel attacked with 3 rug rats.

But in all seriousness, I have a Palisade for the family hauler. My oldest turned 5 and I like taking him with me to C&C kinda deal. I've been taking him with in my Z06 until I realized I need a backseat since my 2 year old is getting to the point he wants to go with us when we go. I guess I'm not allowed to have a favorite kid (dunno what thats about...). I'm picking up a 4BW just cuz I dont know when this 5BW will get built, if ever. Two car seats in the back of the 4 seems stupid tight. Guess I'll find out Monday when this 4 gets here.
I was curious about the same thing, as mine will have two car seats (or depending on how long it takes, two booster seats) in the back. Recently I came across this youtube reviewer who showed what it looks like with two in there:

I don't blame any of these companies not making manuals. It never made financial sense a few years ago with how low the take rate was. Then manuals damn near dried up, and the thirst for manuals became so corked up from the limited pool of manual drivers, that we are just all throwing ourselves nowadays at performance manual cars when any are being released, knowing it's going to be one of the last ones. Companies are now realizing what I've believed all my life: speed isn't everything. It's about enjoyment. Writing on the wall for ICE and manuals have us all desperate and FOMO(fear of missing out for those who've never heard the term)
Amen. That's why I'm buying a manual.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners