Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

4BW to 5V for more interior room?

DAC17

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2023 CT5-V
I'm sure I'll get savaged for this, but has anyone traded/sold their 4BW, and bought a 5V due to the back seat space? I'm finding that not many of my friends can fit in the back seat of my 4BW (which is a great car, BTW), but it's essentially turning into a two-seater for all practical purposes.

"Find your own way"

The hell man. It's a consideration if it was your own wife and kids. Friends? Take a second car and get on the road. Unless none of your friends have cars... But even then how's that your problem

It's why I went from an ATS sedan to a CT5. LOL, when you wash it , it feels much bigger, too. :)

Last edited:
I'm sure I'll get savaged for this, but has anyone traded/sold their 4BW, and bought a 5V due to the back seat space? I'm finding that not many of my friends can fit in the back seat of my 4BW (which is a great car, BTW), but it's essentially turning into a two-seater for all practical purposes.
I mean, it's your car. The 5V seems like a great car from what I've heard. An upgrade in terms of luxury and size. Yea, so it doesn't have as much power...only you can really say for sure how that will affect you or if it even matters.

Have you ever looked at a 540i xdrive?
Yes, but they're ridiculously high-priced, especially with any desirable options.

I wish it *had* turned all the way into a two-seater! Then I might have bought the 4 instead of the 5. Because as a two seater it would have more room, longer doors, etc. :)

Yes, but they're ridiculously high-priced, especially with any desirable options.
Compared to a 5v? Should be about 6-7k more, low 60s on 5v and high 60s on 40i. If you're leasing they'll probably cost the same. BMW run much better residuals on their leases. Just food for thought.

The CT5V has great tech and is a nice ride. I had one for a year. I’m just gonna tell you though….it’s extremely sluggish. So if you think you will miss the power then don’t do it.

I traded in my ATS V for a CT5V and after a year went right into a CT4V BW.

No but seriously, you're going to give up the driving experience of a 4BW because your passengers are slightly uncomfortable? It's not like the 5 is huge either. What's the difference in rear legroom between the 4 and 5, like 3"? Tell your friends to STFU or get their own car.

No but seriously, you're going to give up the driving experience of a 4BW because your passengers are slightly uncomfortable? It's not like the 5 is huge either. What's the difference in rear legroom between the 4 and 5, like 3"? Tell your friends to STFU or get their own car.
Exactly!!! When I had my 5V I was like a chauffeur. I hated it.

Now it’s like “sorry if you wanna hop in you gotta be short and don’t even think about fuckin up the back of my seats!”

Basically only girls fit back there and I’m totally fine w that 😂😂

Don't deny your true destiny:

C10228620_TRAN_XLT_34FrntPassPrkdBldgDncRctl_PK.tif

This was the whole reason I bought coupes in my v2 and ATS-V. So people wouldn’t want me to drive everywhere

Let them drive so you use up their gas :)

Don't deny your true destiny:

C10228620_TRAN_XLT_34FrntPassPrkdBldgDncRctl_PK.tif
I feel attacked with 3 rug rats.

But in all seriousness, I have a Palisade for the family hauler. My oldest turned 5 and I like taking him with me to C&C kinda deal. I've been taking him with in my Z06 until I realized I need a backseat since my 2 year old is getting to the point he wants to go with us when we go. I guess I'm not allowed to have a favorite kid (dunno what thats about...). I'm picking up a 4BW just cuz I dont know when this 5BW will get built, if ever. Two car seats in the back of the 4 seems stupid tight. Guess I'll find out Monday when this 4 gets here.

I feel attacked with 3 rug rats.

But in all seriousness, I have a Palisade for the family hauler. My oldest turned 5 and I like taking him with me to C&C kinda deal. I've been taking him with in my Z06 until I realized I need a backseat since my 2 year old is getting to the point he wants to go with us when we go. I guess I'm not allowed to have a favorite kid (dunno what thats about...). I'm picking up a 4BW just cuz I dont know when this 5BW will get built, if ever. Two car seats in the back of the 4 seems stupid tight. Guess I'll find out Monday when this 4 gets here.
I've got a van as a family hauler. That's my point, you change it up because of familial responsibilities. This guy is making serious life changes to accommodate chaffuering his friends.. like what.

I really, really wanted the new Nissan Z, maybe even the Camaro SS(basically a 2 seater with how unusable the rear seats are, I've personally found out), but I also wanted my kid and future child to enjoy the car, safely with me. Which means riding in the back. So here I am, waiting for my 4BW to get built.

If Dodge made the Chargers in manual(back when they were still offering massive discounts on them), that mightve been the car sitting in my garage. But the dated architecture, and the usual..... demographic that usually drives that car was very off putting.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back