Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

300 new manual blackwings on dealer lots

No, GM didn't over produce so much as consumer confidence has crashed with high interest rates! Consumers are less willing to make big ticket purchases they have to finance at higher rates AND banks have tightened lending rules. Gonna be a LOT of dealers going under in 6-12 months. So many so I think this may be a golden opportunity for GM to buy dealerships for pennies on the dollar and retreat from the franchise model to company stores ala Tesla.

When hundreds of dealers collapse, we'll see softening of State franchise protections.

I am not sure it’s just that. For example there are more blackwings available across the country than 3 series sedans- all variants of it. Doesn’t make sense to me.

Yeah some of these are probably sold. My dealer told me when I ordered mine that I may see it go up for sale on their site when the car shipped to them, because the system did this automatically. It indeed got listed on their site for weeks as "for sale" even though it wasn't.

After the car is produced, or sticker generated (I forget which), GM auto populates on their site and the dealer's site. Then it trickles down to Cars.com, Autotrader and Car Gurus eventually pending agreements. It's up to the dealer to remove the sold cars or leave them. Trust me, this is correct info. Told to me by my dealer and from calling all over the country before I got my 5. Many of those cars are probably sold.

I found during my search near the end of '22 that 95% of those listings are for vehicles already allocated and are used to generate contact info / sales leads. I still get phone calls and emails from dealers seeing if Im interested in what they have.

I found during my search near the end of '22 that 95% of those listings are for vehicles already allocated and are used to generate contact info / sales leads. I still get phone calls and emails from dealers seeing if Im interested in what they have.
Good to hear.

My local dealers are loaded up with 4BWs. They used to have only one or two on the lots with high ADM, now they have 8-10 each and they don't seem to be moving anywhere. Just about all of them are autos, the few manuals they get in are sold right away or are pre-sold orders. One dealer tends to option dealer stock 4BWs at $74k and higher. Another dealer sticks with builds in the $65k-$70k range and seems to move them faster.

IMO, the 4BW is a $60-$65k vehicle, any more than that and I think a lot of folks start looking elsewhere. Unless you are an enthusiast that needs 4 doors then I would think folks would consider a C8 Corvette, Camaro ZL1, C7 Z06, the new Mustang Dark Horse should be around $60k-$64k with 500hp V8 and Tremec manual. If you are not dead set on a V8 or a manual transmission then you also competing with a Tesla Model 3 Performance, which is now only $46,500 after the $7,500 tax credit. Melt your face acceleration, excellent handling and low cost to operate.

As others said, high interest rates, even folks that have cash may not want to part with $70k-100k in this economic climate.

My local dealers are loaded up with 4BWs. They used to have only one or two on the lots with high ADM, now they have 8-10 each and they don't seem to be moving anywhere. Just about all of them are autos, the few manuals they get in are sold right away or are pre-sold orders. One dealer tends to option dealer stock 4BWs at $74k and higher. Another dealer sticks with builds in the $65k-$70k range and seems to move them faster.

IMO, the 4BW is a $60-$65k vehicle, any more than that and I think a lot of folks start looking elsewhere. Unless you are an enthusiast that needs 4 doors then I would think folks would consider a C8 Corvette, Camaro ZL1, C7 Z06, the new Mustang Dark Horse should be around $60k-$64k with 500hp V8 and Tremec manual. If you are not dead set on a V8 or a manual transmission then you also competing with a Tesla Model 3 Performance, which is now only $46,500 after the $7,500 tax credit. Melt your face acceleration, excellent handling and low cost to operate.

As others said, high interest rates, even folks that have cash may not want to part with $70k-100k in this economic climate.
I agree- I think 70k is about as high as these should go. The closer to 80k ones are def going to sit on the lot longer. Add auto and I foresee a price cut in their future.

I agree- I think 70k is about as high as these should go. The closer to 80k ones are def going to sit on the lot longer. Add auto and I foresee a price cut in their future.
Yeah, during normal times when you would normally get 8-10% off MSRP and 15%-20% off during end of year sales the prices are not as bad. Take a $75k 4BW build at 10% off and you are at $67.5k. However, when MSRP is the new normal plus tax and dealer fees while used prices are dropping I don't see it. So, I would expect these cars to start sit for a while until these dealers realize the heyday is over and start cutting prices.

Yeah, during normal times when you would normally get 8-10% off MSRP and 15%-20% off during end of year sales the prices are not as bad. Take a $75k 4BW build at 10% off and you are at $67.5k. However, when MSRP is the new normal plus tax and dealer fees while used prices are dropping I don't see it. So, I would expect these cars to start sit for a while until these dealers realize the heyday is over and start cutting prices.
One of my life’s biggest regrets is not taking advantage of the gm 20% off and get one of the Camaros or Chevrolet ss.

One of my life’s biggest regrets is not taking advantage of the gm 20% off and get one of the Camaros or Chevrolet ss.
Yeah, the inventory is usually slim pickings but if you can find what you want it is great. I bought a 2017 C7 Stingray during one of those 20% off deals. It was a black 1LT with the M7 for $44k. It was missing NPP so I put an aftermarket exhaust on it. It was great when you could buy them right and drive them for a bit and not lose any money.

I bought my '16 SS with all the fixins for 39,xxx brand new. Was a steal at the time and even more so when I turned to sell over 5 years later with 105k on the clock. Sold for 32,xxx!

There are ZERO CT5-V Blackwings available for sale in Canada. There was one listed privately for $170k, but it disappeared (sold?)
I’ve heard from a few owners that, despite high expectations, they love theirs even more than expected, and plan to own for many, many years.

What city are you in? Would like to check out some of those dealers.

What city are you in? Would like to check out some of those dealers.
South Florida area. Cars.com shows 758 4BWs nationwide now.

This one dealer used to have one or two in stock, now they have ~17 in stock and many are advertised at $2k off, which means there is probably more room for negotiation. It was just a matter of time with improving supply and high interest rates.

Screenshot 2023-03-23 at 7.06.54 PM.png

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners